ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-31-2023, 06:19 AM   #31
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Indiana Jones: Adventure Series Discussion

Oh and I just checked and TRU is currently having a sale on Indiana Jones World of Adventure stuff (not Lego) so if you want something from them now might be the time.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 08:14 PM   #32
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So the line is dead right?

The last wave will be the Holy Grail build-a-display correct?

Hasbro hasn't revealed anything else have they?

I know Mezco is now getting into the game with a Toht figure so I guess that is where newer stuff will start to show.
Unless we get a surprise reveal at pulse con I would assume so.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:23 PM   #33
Toystoretro
Red Shirt

Cairo Indy is out now as well, with most GameStops getting there’s on Friday.
Toystoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 11:34 AM   #34
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Pulse instagram posted what panels will be on Friday. And it looks like Indiana is being left out.

It's too bad the line was fun to collect with my wife.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #35
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Pulse instagram posted what panels will be on Friday. And it looks like Indiana is being left out.

It's too bad the line was fun to collect with my wife.

Yeah I guess that all but confirms the line is dead.

Not too surprising considering the movie didn't do too well and the toys were pretty much collector only. I mean does anyone know any kids (under 12) who have any clue who Indiana Jones is, or wanted toys from the franchise?
Old 09-20-2023, 04:05 PM   #36
Robimus
Super Moderator

I dunno if it would have helped, but I still feel like the figure choices were questionable. No Cairo Swordsman, no German soldiers, nobody but Indy and Short Round from Temple of Doom - a lot of old guys in suits.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-20-2023 at 04:08 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 09:08 PM   #37
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I dunno if it would have helped, but I still feel like the figure choices were questionable. No Cairo Swordsman, no German soldiers, nobody but Indy and Short Round from Temple of Doom - a lot of old guys in suits.

It wouldn't have helped.

Let's be honest Indy is not a very toyetic franchise. Crystal Skull was probably the most toyetic film in the franchise and it still didn't do much.

All the German/Nazi figures, vehicles, etc. play well to an older demographic. Kids today live in a world where the Swastika is all but scrubbed from media unless it was made prior to the 2010s, or is something geared towards adults/historical recreation. Hell the MCU made Hydra the stand-in for Nazis during all their movies. It just seems to be the way things are headed now so a movie franchise with a heavy dose of Nazis isn't going to do well as toys when they have to focus on almost anything else than that. And let's not get started on the tribes in the movies and all the problems with representation/caricature that comes with.

As it stands the only way that this could have gone differently is if the movie was the highest grossing movie of the year and a wide cross section of ages were demanding tie-in products.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:17 PM   #38
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

I've heard that the Indy line was always going to be a limited timeframe, likely just to coincide with there being new media. There's no way Hasbro thought it could be an ongoing line.

Raiders and Last Crusade got the most toys because they are by far the most popular movies. For Temple of Doom, who are they really going to make aside from Indy and Short Round? We pretty much knew Mola Ram would be off the table, and Willie is not really a beloved character.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 11:13 PM   #39
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

All the German/Nazi figures, vehicles, etc. play well to an older demographic. Kids today live in a world where the Swastika is all but scrubbed from media unless it was made prior to the 2010s, or is something geared towards adults/historical recreation.
Kids were not the target of the line in any way, shape or form. But yes I assume Nazi imagery would have been replaced by German logos in general.

I think you are discounting the potential army building that could have been leaned upon with military style figures. Not that it would have saved the line - but I feel like Ollie's has a ton of stock incoming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
I've heard that the Indy line was always going to be a limited timeframe, likely just to coincide with there being new media. There's no way Hasbro thought it could be an ongoing line.

Raiders and Last Crusade got the most toys because they are by far the most popular movies. For Temple of Doom, who are they really going to make aside from Indy and Short Round? We pretty much knew Mola Ram would be off the table, and Willie is not really a beloved character.
See, I don't get why he would be off the table. Is he scarier, more groteque than the many zombie figures Hasbro has done?

Again, not that it would save the line or anything. But I think Mola would have be a far more interesting figure than most of what they produced.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-20-2023 at 11:24 PM. Reason: [QUOTE=Hoffman;155449]I've heard that the Indy line was always going to be a limited timeframe, likely just to coincide with
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:17 PM   #40
DrPowPhD
Red Shirt

I'm hoping there is at least one more wave that they time with be Blu-ray/Disney+ release of Dial of Destiny. I would really like at least these for the line, otherwise it seems like a disservice to anyone who started collecting. At least with Ghostbusters they put out the essential figures for the first movie.

Mola Ram
Vogel
Young Indy
Salah (Last Crusade)
German Mechanic
Willie Scott

They should have started with the fertility idol for the roleplay items. That, the grail and a Sankara stone would have been easy pickups.
DrPowPhD is offline   Reply With Quote