ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Stephen Sommers Off GI Joe 2

Just give me Cobra troopers in the classic look -- okay, not blue pajamas per se, update them a bit more than that but steer far away from those ugly "neo viper" RoC designs. Those looked truly idiotic - like they belonged in outer space. No real terrorist organization is going to blow money outfitting their grunts with fugly battle armor.

I know I'm not alone in hating that Cobra look, those neo viper figures are always the last pegwarmers to sell even when TRU lowers the price down to $1.98.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'd like for a more traditional Cobra Trooper look as well.

Overall I admit I'm pretty interested to see what gets done with President Zartan. I thought that was a very brave way for Sommers to end the first film.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I know I'm not alone in hating that Cobra look, those neo viper figures are always the last pegwarmers to sell even when TRU lowers the price down to $1.98.
That what i bought them at well the green tinited ones (Forgot their offical name) and i don't even use them as Cobra troops, i use them as Doom Bots for Doctor Doom

A Man in a Kilt is a Man and a Half
"There is no better High then cracking open a new figure"
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #14
Evan
Jedi Knight

I think TRU will stock up on whatever comes out due to the success of PoC. As far as the movie itself

I got behind GI Joe because I accepted it as a popcorn movie and didn't expect that much going into it. Thus, I enjoyed it.

As far as Sommers leaving the project, this could be a good place to start over. Usually I hate reboots. You made one bad movie, so what? Just make a good one next time (Star Trek works because they didn't just ignore what came before). In the case of GI Joe however, I would support a total reboot. It's not quite the "Joe Universe" that I imagined. Sure you need that element of sci-fi, but it seemed like a little much. Also let's figure out a way to get Cobra Commander a cool costume. I'll also vote for a more classic Cobra Trooper look.

And Sgt Slaughter as Sgt Slaughter. Nuff said.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote