ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #371
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

TDKR Batman looks great except for his mouth. New 52 Wonder woman looks like a big improvement over the previous DCUC WW. For the first time in a long time I am actually excited about something from Mattel. Preordered both already!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #372
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Is it just me or does that TDKR Batman looks like it uses some MOTUC parts?
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #373
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

100% agreed!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #374
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Yes. Yes it does. That wouldn't surprise me. Still looks pretty good.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #375
lars573
Clone trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Probably the same way that Gygor uses Grodd parts.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #376
cloud
Master of the Universe

I just want to say that while the prototypes look good it just seems like Mattel has lost confidence in the DC license and has no idea what to do with it.
From DC Superheroes to DC Universe Classics and then the ill fated DC All Stars and now DC Unlimited. It seems like Mattel has no direction. We get 3 Batmen and there's no promising in what the next series is going to look like. If Mattel really wants to tap into these alternate looks of popular characters they should show some dedication with at least a Dark Knight Returns Superman and a Two-Face or Joker to show that it's not another Supermen&Batmen/DCSH line.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #377
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, it's spastic. Whenever a product goes under several rebrandings in such a short time, it's a clear sign there is no direction.

We'll see how these new figures are; some of them legitimately look good, but the final product may not be the same. We'll see.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #378
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I just want to say that while the prototypes look good it just seems like Mattel has lost confidence in the DC license and has no idea what to do with it.
From DC Superheroes to DC Universe Classics and then the ill fated DC All Stars and now DC Unlimited. It seems like Mattel has no direction. We get 3 Batmen and there's no promising in what the next series is going to look like. If Mattel really wants to tap into these alternate looks of popular characters they should show some dedication with at least a Dark Knight Returns Superman and a Two-Face or Joker to show that it's not another Supermen&Batmen/DCSH line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Yeah, it's spastic. Whenever a product goes under several rebrandings in such a short time, it's a clear sign there is no direction.

We'll see how these new figures are; some of them legitimately look good, but the final product may not be the same. We'll see.
Agreed! I'm hoping they find some kind of direction for the line by wave 3.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #379
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey, DC Fans! For those wondering, it looks like Toys R Us Canada will start carrying the DC All-Star, DC Unlimited and Batman Unlimited lines in the coming months!

I sent the TRU Canada team a message on their Facebook page asking if these lines will be available at TRU Canada and they quickly responded back with:

Hey John, sounds like this is on the horizon. Check back closer to the holidays. Thanks!

So, as the Holiday's get closer and closer, I'll be keeping tabs on this and will be posting an update when available!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #380
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

For those wondering if the newly revealed Batman Unlimited Dark Knight Returns Batman utilizes parts from MOTU, itsalltrue.net has uncovered the truth...

Twitter user Poe Ghostal asked the Four Horsemen straight out if this new Batman figure uses parts from past MOTU figures and the 4H responded as follows:

Yes and no. Parts of him [DKR Batman] are MotU re-use and some are not.

Okay, so the answer was kind of vauge. Thankfully, Toy Guru shed some further light on this mystery on the Matty Collector forums:

I actually checked with the DC team. This is not a Batman fig using the MOTU buck. It is in “scale” to MOTUC (in order to create that unique one time Dark Knight Returns look) but the only MOTUC part it uses is the shoulders. All other parts are brand new. We were happy to loan the use of the shoulders as a one time help for the DC team, but as always, MOTU classics parts will only be used on MOTUC toys.

So there you have it, new shoulders and that's it...

As a small side note: On their Twitter account, The Four Horsemen also went on to address the figures height by saying simply:

Don’t worry about the height. He looks awesome.

And I couldn't agree more! With The Dark Knight Returns on the cusp of its 26th anniversary and the new animated flick hitting stores in about 40 days, I seriously can't wait for this piece to hit retail!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAT14831.jpg (33.1 KB, 6 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote