ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 11-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Playmates Voltron Legendary Defender Website Update

The Playmates Toys website has been updated to officially add their Voltron: Legendary Defender toys. They have a countdown going, with the clock ending on December 1st, which is when the “official” pre-orders for the figures are scheduled to go live at retailers such as Amazon, Toys “R” US and Comic Shops. In case you missed it, there will be multiple size classes available. Included are: Basic Action Figures Sword Attack Voltron Lion Attack Voltron Blue Lion Red Lion Black Lion Green Lion Yellow Lion Myzax Combinable Action Figures Legendary Electronic Black Lion Legendary Blue Lion Legendary Red Lion » Continue Reading.

The post Playmates Voltron Legendary Defender Website Update appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
riderman
Master of the Universe
Re: Playmates Voltron Legendary Defender Website Update

Playmates toys emailed me back about Voltron toys in Canada. They wrote back saying that they will ship to Canada and the UK and suggest I get them from America. I would jump the boarder but they are have a shortage over there too for the combiner lion Voltron. Here's the letter below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170214-213317.jpg (89.8 KB, 12 views)
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:24 AM   #3
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

That's actually a pretty nice informative letter.

Hey Hasbro, take notice...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper

I dont understand this? Is this wave one? I pre-ordered my voltron stuff from amazon.com back in december and it finally got delivered today -minus one lion which is coming next week. These have also been on shelves in USA for months now so what do they mean by official release and pre-orders???
SkitchDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

From what I understand, Playmates doesn't distribute outside of the USA directly. They work through a third party company (Spinmasters, I think) so the distribution chain is idiotically complicated. The same problem plagues their TMNT stuff up here. Product has to go through different channels and warehouses before finally being distributed to stores. Companies like Hasbro have international branches which helps speed up their distribution, but Playmates just doesn't. I don't know if this is 100% true, but it's how another member explained it to me a while back.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
From what I understand, Playmates doesn't distribute outside of the USA directly. They work through a third party company (Spinmasters, I think) so the distribution chain is idiotically complicated. The same problem plagues their TMNT stuff up here. Product has to go through different channels and warehouses before finally being distributed to stores. Companies like Hasbro have international branches which helps speed up their distribution, but Playmates just doesn't. I don't know if this is 100% true, but it's how another member explained it to me a while back.
Your right Spin Master is the Canadian Distributor and they have done a very poor job supplying us with Voltron toys. We have 3 choices now. Buy US Web retailers or jump the boarder or wait for them to get here
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote