ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Clone Wars Animated Thread.

So I got the Attack on Ryloth battle pack and I have one slight complaint. While it is awesome to have Boil and Waxer, Mace Windu is lacking articulation. He's the same as the first Obi-Wan release. Yes, he has removable shoulder armor, but it's more of a pain than anything, cause it falls off easily. However, since they have been releasing fully articulated Anakin and Obi-Wan, I figured from now on they'd release fully articulated Jedi. Not so, when it comes to Mace. I'm starting to think it's one giant scam to get us to buy another Mace later on with full articulation.

Also, Commander Cody has no scar on his face. I know I'm nitpicking, but the fact that he has no scar is annoying for some reason. Overall, I'm happy with the set, but Mace in particular is annoying. From this point on, I see no excuse to lack articulation in a line where they're adding articulation as they go.

Waxer is awesome.

Last edited by pud333; 08-30-2009 at 01:33 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Clone Wars Animated Thread.

That's kind of why I stopped collecting Star Wars figures really, I mean GIJoe has been articulated in all the right joints since 83, but Star Wars figures are still half and half and you never know which type of body design you're going to get half the time.

I mean seriously, I get that it's cheaper for Hasbro to stick with the status quo and only super articulate select figures. Plus Astromech Droids and a few others kind of don't need to much articulation. But seriously, why not change the body design on these figures so that you CAN make them all share the same poseability? With stuff like ankle and wrist joints going to uber limber characters like the Jedi?

Star Wars Figures could be so much more levels of awesome, instead there are still short comings in some of them. I really didn't mind during the 90's, but after a while I got sick and tired of not being able to make cool action battle scenes straight from the movies. I mean Darth Vader can't even hold his Lightsaber at the right angle to cut Obi-Wan in half... or at least the version I have can't. And I only kept it because my brother was generous enough to buy it for me on his trip to Europe.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I mean seriously, I get that it's cheaper for Hasbro to stick with the status quo and only super articulate select figures. Plus Astromech Droids and a few others kind of don't need to much articulation. But seriously, why not change the body design on these figures so that you CAN make them all share the same poseability? With stuff like ankle and wrist joints going to uber limber characters like the Jedi?
That's what kills me right there. Mace is basically a carbon copy of Obi-Wan, and they have a fully articulated Obi-Wan out there. Why not just use that body over? The follow picture is from an Ebay seller:

Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

Some pictures:

Mace with full armor. As you can see, the removable armor makes it look kind of bigger than the armor on the other Jedi that's non removable. The helmet fits over his head, unlike Obi-Wan's where you have to change heads.

I like the removable armor idea, but it's unnecessary. I'd prefer knee and ankle joints instead.

Waxer and Boil. The small details in their helmet armor makes all the difference in the world in setting them apart. very cool.

Commander Cody: the one on the left is the original single card release. As you can see, the new version is a lighter shade of yellow. Boil and Waxer are also this same light yellow shade.

Cody with scar. Cody without scar. Kind of silly to bitch about this, I know, but it does bother me. Oh well, I guess I'll just use the original Cody and get rid of the other.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Robimus
Super Moderator

I wonder if it has the same articulation as the original CWA Mace?

They do cut corners at times in the multi-packs. I find the EU Comic Packs are often a bit less articulate than the single figures.

I think Pud's got more CWA figures than I do now I've been very picky thus far.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
lars573
Clone trooper

I'm pretty sure he's a straight repack of the single carded version like Cody. Minus the purple designs on his helmet.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I wonder if it has the same articulation as the original CWA Mace?

They do cut corners at times in the multi-packs. I find the EU Comic Packs are often a bit less articulate than the single figures.

I think Pud's got more CWA figures than I do now I've been very picky thus far.
Haha, yeah, I sort of went nuts now that 25th anniversary Joes are on hold. I've got about another dozen clone troopers coming in the mail.

As for Mace, I believe he is a straight repack.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'm starting to get a few as well. Which will go up very quickly if I get any of those multipacks in the near future.

Lets see I've got:

Ahsoka
Captain Rex
Goldie
Padme
IG-86
Rocket Battle Droid
Ventress
Commander Ponds
AG-100 Magnaguard
Jedi Jar Jar

The other must haves for me are Whorm Loathsome(plus his tank) and Cad Bane. I still think I want both the new Battle Packs as well.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

And here's the Ambush at Abregado set. I wasn't originally gonna open it, I was going to return it, but I changed my mind as you can see.

First up is Plo Koon. Same as the single card, just a lighter shade. Also only comes with one lightsaber, and not his arm attachment. I personally prefer the single card version. Again, would have liked added joint articulation, but I am realizing at this point that it's too much to ask from Hasbro.

Rocket Battle Droid, which I think is the same as the single card. Nothing special. New head sculpt, comes with a rocket pack and a giant rocket launcher.

Boost and Sinker. This is the only reason to really own this pack. If you don't care too much about the clones, don't bother, but if you're obsessed with having all the individual troops like I am, then I suppose you'll have to get it. They look exactly like the Space suit trooper, but they have new head sculpts. I believe Booster is the same head that Commander Gree has, and Sinker's sculpt is new (I think.) The box mentions Commander Wolffe but he's not in the pack. I guess they're gonna have him single carded or as a store exclusive. I can't even really remember what he did in the episode. Oh well.

Last edited by pud333; 08-31-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'm starting to get a few as well. Which will go up very quickly if I get any of those multipacks in the near future.

Lets see I've got:

Ahsoka
Captain Rex
Goldie
Padme
IG-86
Rocket Battle Droid
Ventress
Commander Ponds
AG-100 Magnaguard
Jedi Jar Jar

The other must haves for me are Whorm Loathsome(plus his tank) and Cad Bane. I still think I want both the new Battle Packs as well.
Yeah, I was looking through what I have and I already have over two dozen, with more in the mail. So it definitely looks I went sort of crazy over the past three weeks.

Clones:

Cody, Boil, Waxer, Rex, Ponds, 2 x 501st legion, regular clone trooper, Space suit trooper, Sinker, Booster.

Droids:

Super Battle Droid, Rocket Battle Droid, battle droid.

The rest:

Asuka, mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, R2D2, C-3P0, Ventress, Grievous, Dooku, Padme.

I've also got coming in the mail the troopers from the Coruscant Guard and 212th Attack Clones battle packs, Commander Fox, Captain Argyus, full articulation Obi-Wan, full articulation Dooku and Cad Bain. They should be here next week or so.

Geeze. I definitely spent over my budget this month.

Tags
star wars clone wars