ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #21
DubbaDee
Super Friend
Re: Star Wars Black Series Clearance @ Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
The clearance started a week or more ago now.

There won't be much left now.

I checked Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Personally I feel like the line was far more successful when they weren't focusing nearly every new wave around the latest movie being released and since moving to the new black and red packaging we have been seeing far more figures warming pegs than in the past (obviously some exceptions apply) and more figures getting carried over from one wave to the next and often that figure was never hard to obtain in the first place.

I don't want to say the line is dying but I know for a fact that my interest in it has pretty much died since TFA figures were released..and up until that point I was army building troopers and everything else was on a "one to rock and one to stock" basis. What do you guys think?
Total agreement with you here. I was buying them by the case and picking up extra army builders on the side up until the Ep7 figures started. After that, I only cherry picked the non-sequel figures. I'll pretty much buy anything OT or even PT related, but the sequel-era holds zero interest to me. For awhile there it seemed like I was getting one, maybe two figures a wave max. Some waves none at all.

For comparison, I think Hasbro handles the Marvel Legends line much better. When there's a new movie out, they do one or two waves with a focus on that movie, and then move on to something else. They do a very good job of mixing in comics-style figures, even within a movie-focused wave. Lots of 2-packs, box sets, etc. Yes there are some waves that hang around for longer than others, but I think that is more due to over-production / over-ordering from retailers. And the best part is, there is basically zero carry-forward figures. I can buy each wave by the case, and the worst I have to deal with is 1 or 2 double-packed figures. They do re-use molds and re-release certain characters a lot, but most of the time they are at least different versions so there's a little bit of incentive to pick them up. And I haven't even mentioned the Build-a-Figures.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #23
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah.

If you didn't strike during the first day, you were left with pretty much just the dregs.

I saw a couple of Kylo Ren at Walmart yesterday, and that was it.
Yeah that was my experience. Hell, I woulda taken a Kylo. The only thing I saw was one lone Cassian lol...
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #24
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Total agreement with you here. I was buying them by the case and picking up extra army builders on the side up until the Ep7 figures started. After that, I only cherry picked the non-sequel figures. I'll pretty much buy anything OT or even PT related, but the sequel-era holds zero interest to me. For awhile there it seemed like I was getting one, maybe two figures a wave max. Some waves none at all.

For comparison, I think Hasbro handles the Marvel Legends line much better. When there's a new movie out, they do one or two waves with a focus on that movie, and then move on to something else. They do a very good job of mixing in comics-style figures, even within a movie-focused wave. Lots of 2-packs, box sets, etc. Yes there are some waves that hang around for longer than others, but I think that is more due to over-production / over-ordering from retailers. And the best part is, there is basically zero carry-forward figures. I can buy each wave by the case, and the worst I have to deal with is 1 or 2 double-packed figures. They do re-use molds and re-release certain characters a lot, but most of the time they are at least different versions so there's a little bit of incentive to pick them up. And I haven't even mentioned the Build-a-Figures.
Glad to know I'm not the only one...and don't even mention adding a BAF or build a throne/weapon/diorama/anything piece in with black series figures. Feel like I got crucified a while back for suggesting this idea to help persuade people into buying full waves to cut down on peg warmers lol.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #25
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Picked up an at-at driver and a praetorian guard this weekend woohoo
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, clearance, star wars