ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-05-2022, 10:00 PM   #111
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Wow. So this guy won't respond to any emails asking for "in-stock" items to be shipped. And then he doesn't want you to file a dispute with your credit card company but instead ask for a refund. So how this would play out for the customer, who was only looking for a simple purchase; customer follows directions on the website and emails for 2 months asking for items that are paid for to be shipped - no response at all from store. Customer then gives up and emails for refund. Store says ok but I'm keeping a percentage of your money for the trouble of ignoring your emails for past 2 months.

I would advice anyone who hasn't yet purchased from this store to steer clear and shop elsewhere. I'm sure there are people who make purchases and everything works out normal. However, if anything goes wrong you do not want to deal with the headache that this guy will cause. You can find many many many reviews where things have gone wrong. Too many. Way too many.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:37 AM   #112
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Another major problem with NMCTOYS is that emails go repeatedly ignored for such a long time that they are only responded to once enough time has passed that the store claims only store credit can be offered because it's been too long for a refund. This clearly is by design or it wouldn't happen as often as it does.
This makes it extremely frustrating if you were foolish enough to trust this store with a preorder for an entire wave of figures. Not only are you out the $200+ for the wave, but you're stuck with store credit to a store you want absolutely nothing to do with ever again.
Even more frustrating when you see other online retailers with that same wave still in stock half a year after it's initial release, but you can?t do anything about it unless you want to kiss that money goodbye and spend another $200+ to get that wave from a store that will actually deliver.
The lure of free shipping on stuff like full waves of figures simply isn't worth it. Spend the money on shipping from a reputable store, the extra $20 on shipping is better than being out over $200 on items. Even loyal customers that had been treated well in the past will eventually get screwed over.

Everyone who can should immediately call their credit card company and try to get their money back that way instead of attempting emails to the store directly. This person doesn't deserve to still be in business.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:26 PM   #113
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

Please remember to be polite when dealing with NMC Toys or the owner will not process a refund or deliver product you have paid for until you apologize. His words not mine. But he's not petty. Also his words not mine. Not my review, from google reviews this week. Just stood out from the crowd. Stellar customer service on display.

Response from the owner
a day ago
Edit: You were told your refund would be issued once I have had a chance to go through your orders and process the request. You were not told this would be done during January. You could also follow up by email discuss the issue like an adult or continue to passive aggressively update this review and have nothing come as a result.

As a reminder to anyone reading this I also have absolutely no problem shipping this individual the items he ordered that have already arrived in stock. He simply needs to apologize for his rude and antagonistic behaviour. He would however prefer to miss out on his items and continue to cause problems instead of admitting to having handled this situation poorly from the start. That is his decision to make. Respectful customers politely asking for refunds will be prioritized. Once I have caught up on existing requests, yours will be dealt with. Polite people take a priority over those throwing tantrums.

Edit: I sincerely hope you're able work through whatever the issues you're currently dealing with resulting in you lashing out in this ridiculous fashion against a store that has done nothing but helped you out over the years. You have had 95% of the items you've ordered fulfilled.

You're also a flat out liar. You claim that I am unable to fulfil the items however the majority of what is outstanding for you is here and ready to be shipped out.

Thankfully for you just because you don't think you're getting your money back doesn't make that the case. Unlike you I'm not a petty person and you've chosen to completely blow up your relationship with this store after doubling down on this childish tantrum.

The problems you have experienced are entirely your doing. As was communicated to you the focus is on shipping orders to be fulfilled for Christmas. Once this is done I will have the chance to catch up on administrative requests. Your refund is not as simple as just simply hitting a button and refunding. Most of the outstanding items were purchased using a store credit.

This is simple stuff however you have proven wildly rude and difficult to work with throughout this entire situation. You have no one to blame but yourself for how this has played out.

Last edited by toyguy99; 02-20-2022 at 09:45 PM.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #114
TheDudeAbides
Red Shirt

My god. This is astounding. He’s like the Simpson’s comic book guy crossed with a teen drama queen.
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #115
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

What a hot mess.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:58 AM   #116
Junkyarddog
Red Shirt

Oh man. Austin is mentally deranged. He pretends he has other staff to compensate for his unstable outbursts

Austin Da Silva (Silveira ) at Northmen Collectibles is a theif and emotionally immature, the minute something goes wrong he will harrass you and force you to apologize and jump through hoops to get a portion of your money back.

There are multiple consumer alert reports about him with CTV, multiple Better business bureau complaints and enough negative reviews online to show how bat crap crazy this guy is

He gets his friends to write glowing reviews for him and offers discounts to customers to write 5 star reviews and then he attacks anyone who writes a negative review. He called me a clown, a baby, an idiot suggested i need mental help and more just for asking to refund me on an item that was supposed to be in stock months ago and was available elsewhere for less.

Then he threatened to not refund me at all but luckily i used paypal to pay and they refunded me EVENTUALLY

If you like playing mental games, being insulted , waiting forever for what you ordered and also gambling on whether or not you will receive anything at all or even get your money back, then choose NMC

If he has ripped you off as well then please look online to find out what steps you can take to get your money back. Theres a thread on him at cybertron

Last edited by Junkyarddog; 05-21-2022 at 10:02 PM.
Junkyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:10 AM   #117
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Do you mean CTV's Pat Forin did a consumer segment on NMC? I watch CTV Toronto regularly and have never seen anything on Austin.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:53 AM   #118
Junkyarddog
Red Shirt

Sorry ill edit that. I should have have wrote consumer alert reports. Im not sure if she did a segment on him yet

I would love to meet austin myself next time im in toronto. Im hoping his retail store is open so i can talk to him in person.

Last edited by Junkyarddog; 05-21-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Junkyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:42 AM   #119
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I've met Austin in person. In person, he actually seems reasonable and normal. Later though, when I had issues with my order and had to chat with him on email, he turns into Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction.... and then I stayed far far away after that.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #120
DubbaDee
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I've met Austin in person. In person, he actually seems reasonable and normal.
He's at least smart enough to know that his attitude online wouldn't go too well for him in the real world
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote