ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #251
Powered Convoy
Super Friend
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Ram Man and Clamp Champ are back up on the Toys r Us website!
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #252
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I was disappointed I missed out on Castle Grayskull on Amazon, but I guess preordering means nothing there now. What is going on with its distribution in Canada anyway? My local Walmarts never stocked it (I know it takes up a lot of shelf space), but even their website only had it for sale for like once weeks ago.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #253
Powered Convoy
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I was disappointed I missed out on Castle Grayskull on Amazon, but I guess preordering means nothing there now. What is going on with its distribution in Canada anyway? My local Walmarts never stocked it (I know it takes up a lot of shelf space), but even their website only had it for sale for like once weeks ago.
Yeah I really hope this becomes at least somewhat available after Ontario's current lockdown (or during if online ) It'll make the perfect display piece for the figures I've been able to get so far!
Old 04-09-2021, 07:51 PM   #254
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
I actually find that they're quite easy to find in Canada, for the most part. They restock the waves multiple times each, and most stores seem to get 3-5 cases per restock. But that's for recent series, we were skipped entirely for wave 1, and so far it seems like we may be skipped for wave 5 after getting wave 6 in so early. And also not getting either of the rings that came with figures. Other than those weird distribution kinks, it seems like we're the lucky ones when it comes to this line, as it seems a lot of those in the US are having a much harder time with the line.
Where do you buy these?
Wave 2 mysterio looks fantastic!
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #255
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot rabbit View Post
Where do you buy these?
Wave 2 mysterio looks fantastic!
They're Walmart exclusive, so Walmart. Unfortunately Canada is currently on wave 6, so wave 2 was 3 series ago (since wave 5 was skipped for some reason) and unfortunately are no longer available. There aren't many lines that keep refreshing older waves, and this isn't one of them, so unfortunately if you miss a wave, odds are you'd have to either luck into some unsold older figures (which since wave 2 Roman and Cena, and wave 4 Rollins, there isn't much lingering by these figures) or you'd have to buy from an 3rd party seller if you want it.

In the US it seems like some of the older waves figures are randomly popping up as in stock on Walmart.com, but so far we've seen nothing like that in Walmart.ca. The figures used to be listed on .ca, but they haven't been on there for quite some time now.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #256
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper

Hey thanks for the info onlsaught!
I was wasting my time looking for it on bbts, ee, etc.
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #257
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Battlecat is on sale at Wal-Mart for 21.99

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mega-co.../6000201499615
and Amazon priced matched
https://www.amazon.ca/Masters-Univer...8079932&sr=8-1
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #258
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
As predicted by Nostradamus - that's what happens when no store sells He-Man up here!
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:44 PM   #259
Powered Convoy
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I've been filling in my collection by ordering from Amazon.com. Amazon.ca doesn't seem to be stocking the early waves.
Thanks for mentioning this! I received my .com order today: Orko, Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Man-at-Arms. Beast Man should be arriving in a few days. I was going to keep them carded since they had full English text, but the cards were in rough shape, so I opened them and enjoyed putting Man-at-Arms's armour on, seeing Teela without the snake cowl etc. I now understand why MOMC stuff could get expensive, especially if it was appraised...getting a MINT card might have been difficult, even back in the day! I'm also surprised at how big Orko is...was his vintage figure the same size?
Old 04-16-2021, 05:51 PM   #260
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
Thanks for mentioning this! I received my .com order today: Orko, Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Man-at-Arms. Beast Man should be arriving in a few days. I was going to keep them carded since they had full English text, but the cards were in rough shape, so I opened them and enjoyed putting Man-at-Arms's armour on, seeing Teela without the snake cowl etc. I now understand why MOMC stuff could get expensive, especially if it was appraised...getting a MINT card might have been difficult, even back in the day! I'm also surprised at how big Orko is...was his vintage figure the same size?
Pixel Dan compared the original and the Origins one and they were pretty much the same size. Yeah, Amazon does not care at all about protecting the packaging. The cardbacks are flimsy to begin with, but then they stuff them in a narrow box.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote