ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 10-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #121
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
Re: DC Universe Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
But when PG gets reissued, will she come with the imperiex CnC piece?
Well, of course not. But some people just want the figure, so it's good news for them.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #122
pud333
Master of the Universe

So I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Clayface/Batman pack in Canada yet? Because I just saw it at TRU today in Coquitlam. $32.99. Along with the Superman/braniac pack. I don't collect these, but I had the girl bring one down for me and the Clayface figure looks really badass. The Batman's paint apps sucked, but whatever. Anyone else see this and what do people think of it? The reason I ask, is because I'm thinking I might try my hand at 6" figures. This is the first figures so far that looked worthwhile to me.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #123
Quantum
Agent of Shield

Dude, get ready for the ride if you're gonna take the plunge! These figs are so cool you'll get hooked. I held off for a long time, but once I got a couple, it became an all consuming, all encompassing hunt for the past figs I wanted.

Clayface is awesome. I've got one coming from the DC Superheroes line (same sculpt). I can't wait for it to arrive. It looks so cool, I'm excited to get it out of the packaging and actually check it out.

As for the Batman in the pack, I wasn't really a fan of the the clay stains on him, nor am I a big fan of the yellow symbol (I prefer the classic black vs. black and yellow). However, the sculpt is awesome. They are releasing pretty much the same sculpt without the clay stains in wave 11 I believe, and a superman without red eyes, if those things matter to you (the single releases of the Walmart Gotham 5-pack Superman and Batman). If not, go for the 2-packs.

A warning about getting into DCUC: I'm not sure what it's like in your neck of the woods, but they're difficult to find in Ontario. No brick-and-mortar stores really carry them, so it's comic shops. I've also had to get the older popular figs off evil-bay. I would have to say though, without a doubt, however, that they are worth every penny of shipping!

The sculpts are absolutely fantastic. I bought Hawkman the other day, and I wasn't ever planning on getting him. I'm geeking out over the sculpt! It's so cool dude. So many of them. Ahhhhhhhhh!

Dude, they're awesome.

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #124
pud333
Master of the Universe

The Clayface I had in my hands had an odd coloration to his right arm. It was lighter and duller looking. But that was probably just a one off. At any rate, he looked fantastic. As far as distribution, there's a handful at local TRU's, but yeah, mostly LCS.

Overall, I do like the sculpts. No poo-heads in sight. I'm just concerned about costs. I've already started to stretch my toy budget about as far as it will go, so we'll see. It all depends on whether I can take a break from certain toy lines.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:08 AM   #125
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Yeah TRUs around here actually keep stocking some waves. Is Power Girl worth tracking down? I was pretty disappointed with Wonder Woman, looks kinda boring. Artemis was better but still boring.

I may buy Batman and Joker if I ever see them at TRU and if they aren't scalped to death when they come out. I don't even know if we'll see them in anymore since I never see anyone buying the DCUC figs.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #126
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

The wave Joker comes in is a Wal Mart exclusive, and Wal Mart Canada has dropped DCUC, so don't expect to find them here.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #127
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Yeah if it's a WM Exclusive then we won't get it here, that's a shame.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #128
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

A damn shame.

Matty collector did say that they were going to release more Jokers in the distant future, but they've said a lot of things.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #129
10incher
Super Friend

Made a weekend trip to Grand Forks & Fargo ND and checked out the Walmarts for wave 10 DCUC figs. Nothing to be found. Even asked one worker who said they don't currently have anything in stock or on order from the line, but maybe in January
10incher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #130
Quantum
Agent of Shield

So I totally got hooked up by a gracious TFW member and he's got a Power Girl, Beast Boy, Man-Bat and Joker for me! Just gotta give him payment and wait for the postal service to do the rest!

Yahoo!

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote