ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #241
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: DC Universe Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Interesting indeed... I wouldn't mind ordering from Matty except for the clusterfuck of a website they have there every 15th when it basically gets nuked. I don't know how a company like Matty can justify having such a crappy site? I suppose so long as they keep selling out their units within the first day, they can keep their crappy site. - I guess I just answered my own question.

On another note, I just got a call from my boss and I got a HUGE raise!!!!! Unfortunately taxes eats a lot of that up, but that still means I have two choices: increase monthly payments to my mortgage, or increase my toy budget. heh. You can probably guess where I'm leaning...
LOL....Mortgage?

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #242
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

^^ is there enough to go half mortgage - half figures??.....oh hell with that...MORE FIGURES!!!!!! lolzzz!!!!
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #243
pud333
Master of the Universe

lol. Yeah, I could always go halfers. Though I suspect my gf would like me to save for a vacation she's been on me about. Whatever. I figure that's just another opportunity to go toy hunting in a different country, haha.

Edit: Thinking about getting Hawkgirl. Just wondering if there was any word on a possible version without the mask?

Last edited by pud333; 03-02-2010 at 06:35 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #244
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Haven't heard anything, pud. But, the masked version is pretty sweet and I've only heard good things about her.

Facebook
Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #245
Quantum
Agent of Shield

Congrats on the raise pud!!! That's awesome news, and I'm sure well-deserved dude.

As for what to do with it, I'd say put most of it on the mortgage, but up your toy budget by enough to get an extra coupla figs a month or two, if you swing it.

As for Hawkgirl, she's awesome. You may need to fix some warping in her legs, and it's quite difficult to get her to look anywhere but down. Some have done a modern variant and taken the hair off, but it apparently doesn't improve head artic very much. I suppose if you were so inclined you could dremel out some of her neck, as can be done with the figs with restricted neck artic (waves 10 and 11 i believe).

Either way she's a super-cool figure, and is pretty bad-ass.

Black Mask is almost done. a dull-coat and then glue on his tie and I'll be ready for the reveal. Most likely in a couple of days.

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #246
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ Can't wait to see it, Quantum!

Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #247
pud333
Master of the Universe

Thanks dude. Yeah, definitely gonna get hawkgirl. As for my budget, i'm gonna try to swing it so I can get at least one or two more figures a month, which I think I should be able to, but we'll see. I just realized we have to start saving for our South America trip later this year, so I dunno...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #248
Quantum
Agent of Shield

Dude! Where in South America are you going? My wife and I spent our honeymoon backpacking through Equador and Peru for 5 1/2 weeks. It was so brilliant. You are going to love it down there!

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #249
pud333
Master of the Universe

My gf and I are going with my buddy and his wife to Peru and Argentina. Most likely spend most of the time in Argentina. I plan on eating and drinking my way through the whole trip. Plus maybe pick up a toy or two if I come across anything interesting. We're gonna work out the details when my buddy is in town this weekend over a beer or two or dozen. I'll also take a Superman figure with me so I can pose him in various settings. Superman on top of Machu Picchu? Sounds cool to me!

On a side note, I've been rewatching the Superman animated series, and I think it would be cool if Matty released a DCUC business suit Lex + Mercy, his driver. It would probably only sell to collectors on Matty, but it would be sweet I think.

Last edited by pud333; 03-25-2010 at 01:24 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #250
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
My gf and I are going with my buddy and his wife to Peru and Argentina. Most likely spend most of the time in Argentina. I plan on eating and drinking my way through the whole trip. Plus maybe pick up a toy or two if I come across anything interesting. We're gonna work out the details when my buddy is in town this weekend over a beer or two or dozen. I'll also take a Superman figure with me so I can pose him in various settings. Superman on top of Machu Picchu? Sounds cool to me!

On a side note, I've been rewatching the Superman animated series, and I think it would be cool if Matty released a DCUC business suit Lex + Mercy, his driver. It would probably only sell to collectors on Matty, but it would be sweet I think.

Thats awesome. I'm actually going to Peru, Argentina and Brazill this May with my GF. Looks like us Toy Geeks think alike lol
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote