ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #41
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 5 Discussion Thread

I dunno. I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan and I really have found the quality dropping fop a while now. Tonight's episode topped last week's in my eyes.

Anyway Ahsoka can't die, she can take a laser blast from a tank in the back and get it fixed with a bandaid

I'd love to like this show more but I don't really feel like its aimed at me anymore. Its trying to draw in a new audience who are not concerned with when Darth Maul, Even Piell and Adi Gallia are suppost to die.

Of course is Adi really dead? She appeared on the Jedi Council a week after her second death.

I'll keep watching and am hoping for at least some cool stuff in the Maul arc(though I know the story already due to the book leak). In short I want more Umbara, more Rookies, more Mandalore - less Colonel Gascon and less Gungan's beating down General Grievous.

I'm glad you still enjoying the ride Scrapper, but I got bucked off somewhere in Season 3 and haven't been able to get back in the saddle.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #42
neospike
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'm glad you still enjoying the ride Scrapper, but I got bucked off somewhere in Season 3 and haven't been able to get back in the saddle.
Season 3 was the pinnacle for this series. Since then it has been downhill all the way.

I shudder to think what will happen to the series when it moves to Disney XD next season.
neospike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #43
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I dunno. I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan and I really have found the quality dropping fop a while now. Tonight's episode topped last week's in my eyes.

Anyway Ahsoka can't die, she can take a laser blast from a tank in the back and get it fixed with a bandaid

I'd love to like this show more but I don't really feel like its aimed at me anymore. Its trying to draw in a new audience who are not concerned with when Darth Maul, Even Piell and Adi Gallia are suppost to die.

Of course is Adi really dead? She appeared on the Jedi Council a week after her second death.

I'll keep watching and am hoping for at least some cool stuff in the Maul arc(though I know the story already due to the book leak). In short I want more Umbara, more Rookies, more Mandalore - less Colonel Gascon and less Gungan's beating down General Grievous.

That is one issue that remains a constant, what is the chronology of events? Why is it they insist on showing all these things off and then we get stuck with trying to figure out what goes where and when.

Personally Rob, I think the reason I still enjoy it so much is that I'm not 100% invested in the overarching continuity of the Star Wars Universe. I don't follow it as closely as you do, I don't care if something happens that contradicts with continuity. I mean if I cared about that sort of thing I could never enjoy Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the squicksome nature of the Luke/Leia physical interest. (I'd kind of like to see some author revist that book and perhaps tell a short e-story novella that deals with the psychological nature these events and the attraction factor Luke felt for his sister before he knew who she was, but that might be a bit too dark and that even for Star Wars.)
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #44
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I'll join in and just say that if I weren't such a hardcore SW fan, I'd likely have stopped watching long, long ago. I don't mind the periodic "aimed at the kids" episode like this current run with the astromechs and the previous one with the Jedi younglings, but I want to see Clonetroopers and Jedi armies ideally. It doesn't have to be brutally violent, just tense and suspenseful. When you put younglings in an episode, there just no tension because I know none of them are going to die or suffer any real harm (no severed limbs).

Barring that, have some GOOD adventures featuring Obi and Anakin side-by-side, so that we continue to get a good idea of their working relationship, they seemed to have dropped that totally this season and put too much focus on incidental characters. I almost think that's done to introduce new characters that Hasbro can then sell action figures of (if of course, Hasbro hadn't more or less trimmed the CW line down so substantially).

And I can't believe the day would come when Darth Maul officially would come back ...and I'd be bored silly. It seems without Sidious, Maul really is just a glorified thug incapable of doing anything substantial beyond just killing 24-7. I was hoping for more character development than what we've seen so far. Perhaps as with Boba Fett, less is more.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #45
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to the yet to come Embo stuff as well. I've adopted Embo as my favorite TCW creation

Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #46
Thesav1979
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Barring that, have some GOOD adventures featuring Obi and Anakin side-by-side, so that we continue to get a good idea of their working relationship, they seemed to have dropped that totally this season and put too much focus on incidental characters. I almost think that's done to introduce new characters that Hasbro can then sell action figures of (if of course, Hasbro hadn't more or less trimmed the CW line down so substantially).
I'm sure that is what they are doing too. With that said, it's not like Anakin is written anything like he is played in the movies or anything. He might as well be a new character. Sure, every now and then we see glimpses of his dark side, but the character never seems to be developing anywhere. And why is his voice NOTHING like how it should be? I don't know but the show has a lot of problems.

Quote:
And I can't believe the day would come when Darth Maul officially would come back ...and I'd be bored silly. It seems without Sidious, Maul really is just a glorified thug incapable of doing anything substantial beyond just killing 24-7. I was hoping for more character development than what we've seen so far. Perhaps as with Boba Fett, less is more.
The problem is that Darth Maul doesn't have much of a character and with the way the show's stories are big on mindless (and mostly inconsequential) action, and light on substance, it's little wonder why Darth Maul hasn't been developed and is boring.
Thesav1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #47
Robimus
Super Moderator

When this returns in January we get to meet the new Republic Commando, Gregor.

I still wish his name was Skippy

Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #48
Robimus
Super Moderator

I like Borkus

Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #49
jacobot
clone179

How big would a Meebur action figure be?
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #50
Robimus
Super Moderator

Something about the size of a Lizard Monkey could work. He would have to come with his droid.

Tags
ahsoka, byph, clone wars, lux, maul, savage