ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-14-2023, 02:06 PM   #691
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

You let your son "play" with your toys????

ARE YOU MAD MAN?????

Toys are to be displayed behind glass and never touched, except to clean.

The ring is my highest priority from the line (which is to say if I see one for a good price I'll pick it up), because it is the only add-on part to Castle Grayskull I'm missing right now. Well that and Point Dread, but that hasn't come out yet.

I really love how Origins expanded Castle Grayskull with all these add-on pieces from other figures and vehicles. It makes it feel more like a big display, rather than just a simple playset.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:04 PM   #692
Powered Convoy
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Found the snake men wave at my local Walmart in Montreal
Cool! Is this the wave with Kobra Khan?
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:29 PM   #693
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
You let your son "play" with your toys????

ARE YOU MAD MAN?????

Toys are to be displayed behind glass and never touched, except to clean.

The ring is my highest priority from the line (which is to say if I see one for a good price I'll pick it up), because it is the only add-on part to Castle Grayskull I'm missing right now. Well that and Point Dread, but that hasn't come out yet.

I really love how Origins expanded Castle Grayskull with all these add-on pieces from other figures and vehicles. It makes it feel more like a big display, rather than just a simple playset.
I hear ya. I found a guy on kijiji selling the ring with terror claws skull king and John cena. I also bought a few rings when they came to Walmart and sold them off.

I loved the nostalgia of origins but outgrew it during Covid with the distribution lull. It was frustrating trying to track down some figures like Tesla and orko. I just gave up. When the greyskull kit first came out I drooled. But when some got it for so cheap I was jelly.

I let my kids play with lots of my stuff. They have broken a bunch of stuff too but nothing to cry about.

I stick with mainline toys and don?t dip into the pricey stuff so it doesn?t hurt as much when something breaks.

I like that they get played with and aren?t just dust catchers.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:56 AM   #694
cerhit
Red Shirt

Duplico is up on Wal-mart.ca. However he is "not sold" status. They may just have the page up and will be selling him online in days.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters.../6000205889692
cerhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:26 PM   #695
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
Cool! Is this the wave with Kobra Khan?
No, tongue lashor is the only snake man in the wave

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 04-15-2023 at 02:07 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:24 PM   #696
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Man, that damn CG line. Such cool designs but piss poor distribution. I know the "new" wave featuring Hordak and Merman were found at Walmart but I can't find it at any I visited. Plus it's not on amazon or Toysrus. Have any of you seen this wave?

Old 04-28-2023, 08:19 PM   #697
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Man, that damn CG line. Such cool designs but piss poor distribution. I know the "new" wave featuring Hordak and Merman were found at Walmart but I can't find it at any I visited. Plus it's not on amazon or Toysrus. Have any of you seen this wave?

I snagged Hordak the one time I saw him at Walmart. I saw Merman later at the same Walmart but skipped him. I don't regret it. Even though I loved the CGI take on Merman I don't really care for the design all that much. That Moss Man looks great but I never saw him. I have seen the He-Man and Skeletor, but I am good with the two-pack versions. I also snagged a Tri-Klops the one time I saw him because I thought it was a good design, but an amazing take (in the cartoon) on the character.

The CGI line has been great, but I really want to get a Castle Grayskull but it never came out up here from what I saw, and the only ones available I see are on Amazon and they are almost $200.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:29 AM   #698
Robimus
Super Moderator

I don't know about this wave specifically but I saw some of these at Superstore today.

Quote:

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:58 AM   #699
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I found Merman and Hordak at a local Walmart a while ago. Snagged the Hordak because I loved the different design direction. Left Merman, but saw him in the show afterwards and when I went back he was gone.

Saw the He-Man a bit, and I think Skeletor once but not sure. Never saw Moss Man.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:27 AM   #700
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Yeah Moss man seems ri be in a different wave assortment that has not been found in Canada