ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-09-2022, 05:05 AM   #601
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

Deathsaurus: 15,615 / 11,000 (+816) 141.95% with 3d 19h left. Well that was unexpected. That is a big one day bump considering it shouldn't include international orders, unless they changed their minds and added some in with only a couple day left.

Either way it is getting real close to unlocking the second tier.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #602
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

We're getting down to the wire, we should expect to see the numbers take off the way Star Saber did very soon
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #603
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
We're getting down to the wire, we should expect to see the numbers take off the way Star Saber did very soon

Very true, I wasn't really thinking about the fact that we are in the final days. The daily numbers should jump just because of that alone, then add in any extra international orders Monday and it should easily pass the final tier.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:24 PM   #604
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

Under a thousand to go!
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #605
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Deathsaurus: 16,262 / 11,000 (+647) 147.84% of funding goal with 2d 16h left.

Oh well, still need 738 backers to unlock tier 2. Shucks, I guess maybe next time right?

Looks like we'll unlock the second tier either by tomorrows update, or sometime during Sunday. Now the only real question left is how high will the final total go?
Old 12-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #606
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Deathsaurus: 16,815 / 11,000 (+553) 152.86% of funding goal with 1d 18h left.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #607
ghostlurk29
Mutant

FOMO rising... Deathsaurus with all tiers unlocked will be tempting. Also helps that I passed on the Hiss Tank, and Ghost Rider flamed-out.

Still pricey for a commander-class though. And have they shown a complete back view of the figure yet?

Last edited by ghostlurk29; 12-11-2022 at 09:58 AM.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #608
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Deathsaurus: 18,320 / 11,000 (+1,505) 166.55% of funding goal with 17h left.

Well this is it. Both tiers have been unlocked, and now it is just a wait and see where the final number ends up. I don't think it will beat Victory Saber for the final total, but you never know.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:16 AM   #609
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
FOMO rising... Deathsaurus with all tiers unlocked will be tempting.
FOMO is something I have been grappling with during this campaign as well, and I would like to share a couple of thoughts in case it helps facilitate anybody else's decision-making.

Firstly, while Hasbro marketing Haslab as your "once chance to dance" is accurate, it's also presented somewhat disingenuously. There are plenty of figures out there, Transformers or otherwise, that never see reissues once they're sold through. So, in a sense, this being a limited-time item is not really exclusive to Haslab.

Second, and far more importantly, is a question to ask yourself. If you went into Toys R Us and saw Deathsaurus sitting on a shelf for $269.99 (roughly today's exchange rate after shipping), would you pick it up? If I'm being honest with myself, I wouldn't do it. Maybe if it were on sale, but we know that $269.99 is the lowest price we will ever see it at and Hasbro is counting on that fact to sell it to you.

Couple these points with the QC issues we are seeing with Star Saber and it makes it a fairly easy pass for me. There's a lot of stuff in the pipeline that I would be much happier to spend on, including the Legacy Prime Skyquake and Dreadwing and the upcoming Studio Series WFC figures. God forbid we ever get a scale-accurate Prime Hardshell, I'd shell out the dough for that in a heartbeat. But, in the meantime, Deathsaurus is a pass for me.

That being said, very happy for all the folks that are picking up Deathsaurus and I hope you love it; it looks like a pretty sweet toy
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 11:34 AM   #610
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Looks like they added in the latest batch of international orders. Up to 22,744 (from 18,320 earlier this morning).

I guess at this rate there is a good chance it could reach close to Victory Saber's final total.