ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-14-2023, 12:05 AM   #5571
nighthawk
Jedi Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I?ll give them a call today. Hoping they have some pre vizsla, merrik and snow trooper.
So, I went today. The only thing I saw different was that both R2s sold. They still had 2 Pre Vizla, 1 Merrik and lots of Snowtroopers.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 12:23 AM   #5572
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Just to follow up on my earlier post. I just got back from my TRU, and the cashier confirmed that collector-oriented figures are NOT part of the holiday return policy, they are definitely final sale.

So if you're lucky enough to be near a TRU that has a different policy than mine, consider yourself lucky.
Following up on your follow-up, I returned a bunch of stuff today without issue, including Black Series and GI Joe Classified, both in windowless boxes. This was at two different stores in the Montreal area. They did check the tape seals pretty closely, but that wasn't an issue, since they were still sealed.

At any rate, I hope the return to window boxes will lead to a reversal of this policy, overall, though I don't think GI Joe is going back to window boxes.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 12:24 AM   #5573
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I picked up Ezra and a Commander Appo. With grand opening 10% off and my last $15 off of $75 coupon, it came to about $28 + tax each. Really happy that all 3 of my Appos averaged out to about $32.99 each with all my discounts. I didn't pre-order Ezra, which is why I got him was pleasantly surprised that the latest wave was $35.99 instead of $42.99.
Old 10-14-2023, 10:26 AM   #5574
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
So, I went today. The only thing I saw different was that both R2s sold. They still had 2 Pre Vizla, 1 Merrik and lots of Snowtroopers.
What time was that?

I'll go there later and see.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 12:06 PM   #5575
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

It was around 5 pm yesterday
Old 10-14-2023, 01:19 PM   #5576
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Following up on your follow-up, I returned a bunch of stuff today without issue, including Black Series and GI Joe Classified, both in windowless boxes. This was at two different stores in the Montreal area. They did check the tape seals pretty closely, but that wasn't an issue, since they were still sealed.

At any rate, I hope the return to window boxes will lead to a reversal of this policy, overall, though I don't think GI Joe is going back to window boxes.
Does your TRU have any signs up in the aisles that say "No returns on collector figures"? At my store they are plastered in all the Hasbro sections (except Transformers). It may be that they don't even forbid doing returns of Hasbro products to begin with at your particular location.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 01:45 PM   #5577
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Does your TRU have any signs up in the aisles that say "No returns on collector figures"? At my store they are plastered in all the Hasbro sections (except Transformers). It may be that they don't even forbid doing returns of Hasbro products to begin with at your particular location.
No. They only have for trading cards and funko pops. They had signs in figures section back when the policy first changed, but they quickly went away.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:52 PM   #5578
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

I see the new Christmas Figures are out, two questions : anyone see that Christmas Ewok? and second..did that damn Halloween Trooper ever actually get stocked by TRU?, I still want that, guess Hasbro just glossed over Halloween this year, went straight to Christmas.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 03:56 PM   #5579
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
No. They only have for trading cards and funko pops. They had signs in figures section back when the policy first changed, but they quickly went away.
Same here. That's why I think it's just Ontario.
Old 10-14-2023, 05:43 PM   #5580
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Did anyone pick up the Jabba re-release? Mine arrived from Pulse yesterday. Expensive but a really nice figure. I've wanted a nice Jabba for awhile and I'm pretty pleased with this one. It's a lot better than the 1997 Special Edition version I had as a kid.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote