ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
gcuemjj23
Super Friend
Re: Marvel Universe Wave 22 Released in Canada

They are just rebranding to relate to the movies that are out and will be released. Not the end of the line. Same product, different name.
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I take it then this is a bad time to start getting re-interested in collecting this line?

I'm sorry Hasbro, but why get rid of Marvel Universe? Those shitty movie product lines ain't going to keep you afloat with this license indefinitely. Especially when you cut back on articulation that the adult fan community just go ape over.

Oh well, if nothing else I might find people selling off cheap lots later on when the product line is fully ended.
If you really want certain figures from the line, then get them now. If not, just wait it out. As the line will be discontinued, you can probably get them for cheap at stores or online.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-25-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
MCDrank
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I take it then this is a bad time to start getting re-interested in collecting this line?

I'm sorry Hasbro, but why get rid of Marvel Universe? Those shitty movie product lines ain't going to keep you afloat with this license indefinitely. Especially when you cut back on articulation that the adult fan community just go ape over.

Oh well, if nothing else I might find people selling off cheap lots later on when the product line is fully ended.
You can if you want lol. It's just going under a different brand name. Hyperion and Grim Reaper are gonna be the first 2 figs in this line. So I think this whole line is gonna be straight up comic accurate. If they're gonna do movie based figures, they'll most likely make a subline for each movie but I doubt this line will have any movie based characters.

It's all taking place in 2014. It's gonna be all Avengers themed characters then in 2015, it's gonna be X-Men themed characters.

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode...art=0&sl=16264
MCDrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

I went into the MacLeod TRU and asked if the latest wave is on order. According to the lady their computers already list the line as discountinued. That makes me wonder if we will see the last lines at a TRU in Calgary?
t.wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.wizard View Post
I went into the MacLeod TRU and asked if the latest wave is on order. According to the lady their computers already list the line as discountinued. That makes me wonder if we will see the last lines at a TRU in Calgary?
Last time I was there, I think maybe a week ago, I didn't even see a peg for MU. Maybe they stopped carrying them at that location? Anyway I did find them at CrossIron Mills.

Did anyone else notice that the repacked figures have a new paint job? They even renumbered them too. Iron Fist is a darker green and the yellow on the costume is now gold. He's in the heroic age Iron Fist packaged pose and renumbered as number 2. Black suit Spidey and Iron Spidey both a have metallic/shiny coat to them, Iron Spidey is casted in lighter red and the arms are a lighter yellow too, they're numbered 7 and 8 respectively. Silver Surfer, couldn't tell if he was all that different but he's number 1.

If this trend continues, then I wonder who else is getting a repack/repaint now. As both Spidey's turned out so well that I had to have them.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Silver Surfer I just saw today at my TRU and he looks the same, but Spidey and Iron Fist did look different from my older versions. I personally don't like a shiny Spidey suit but meh, I'm sure another collector will.

While the "Avengers Universe" is supposed to be just a rebranding of MU, I did see a thread over on Marvelousnews that suggested Stall isn't being entirely truthful, that there'll be 5POA figures in AU mixed in with SA figures. That better not be the case or there'll be hell to pay...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #17
Major Destruction
Super Friend

Found a Mysterio this weekend, sweet. On another note, I didn't realize that MU was being put down, but it's good to know that it will be continuing under a different name though. But does that mean they're bailing on that orange Fin Fang Foom?
Major Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #18
MCDrank
Cobra Trooper

It's been confirmed that the orange Foom got dropped but who knows that it might get picked up again.
MCDrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #19
narita
Agent of Shield

Found a case at Langley TRU in BC this afternoon. There were 2 of each of Mysterio, Capt America, Rhino, and Elektra. 1 each of Silver Surfer, Black Costume Spiderman, Iron Fist, and Iron Spiderman. What's up with the numbering? I have a comparison of the first release Silver Surfer and the revision Silver Surfer I got today. All the revision figures have new cardbacks and numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MU haul (5).jpg
Views:	699
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	6720   Click image for larger version

Name:	MU haul.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	6721   Click image for larger version

Name:	MU haul (2).jpg
Views:	698
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	6722   Click image for larger version

Name:	MU haul (3).jpg
Views:	722
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	6723   Click image for larger version

Name:	MU haul (4).jpg
Views:	738
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	6724  

narita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
Hantei
Master of the Universe

I also noticed that Iron Fist has a sash from the herioc age one. The original release just had a painted on yellow belt. Be sweet if by some crazy chance they re-release Vision on the Cyke body. It's long over due.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.75, canada, hasbro, marvel, marvel universe, toysrus