ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #331
Snake Eyes
Cobra Trooper
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

I was really excited for this line but I am finding I am losing interest. I already paid way to much for all the cobra island stuff. I don't really want to keep paying scalper prices every time something is released. I have the cobra high command now and snake eyes. I might call it a day at that
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #332
Zanth
Super Friend

I just returned from my local TRU and there were 6 Cobra Island Roadblocks, so unless he is shipping in solid cases, I missed out on Beachhead and Cobra Trooper. At least I know they are steadily receiving the line. I grabbed Baroness last week.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #333
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
I was really excited for this line but I am finding I am losing interest. I already paid way to much for all the cobra island stuff. I don't really want to keep paying scalper prices every time something is released. I have the cobra high command now and snake eyes. I might call it a day at that
I feel like this as well. I have both versions of Snake Eyes, a complete first wave, Cobra Commander and Baroness. With orders being cancelled, releases being sold out seconds after they go up for sale online, limited releases or exclusives... I can't imagine anyone not living in a major city having a shot at this line. Meanwhile, I see dozens and dozens of peg-warming SW Black Series from the recent films. New stuff! No one buys it, or at least only figures from Mando, various exclusives, but the film stuff? It is just sitting there. The recent Sith trooper, Mountain trooper, 12 each this afternoon. It would be great if we could see such numbers for Joes.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #334
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanth View Post
I just returned from my local TRU and there were 6 Cobra Island Roadblocks, so unless he is shipping in solid cases, I missed out on Beachhead and Cobra Trooper. At least I know they are steadily receiving the line. I grabbed Baroness last week.
That's how it is in the states so likely here then as well, which I was wondering.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:59 PM   #335
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
I know what you mean and what's worse is they have a lot more cobra island releases on deck. Rumors of a major bludd popping up in the target system. So I really hope the supply gets better down the line. It may be slow because of the current state of the world but I'm always walking out of toys r us empty handed looking for cobra island. On the upside its toys r us, so even leaving empty handed you feel good just from being in that store.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #336
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
On the upside its toys r us, so even leaving empty handed you feel good just from being in that store.
So true! I try to bring one of my kids with me when I can so they don't think I'm some weird guy scoping out kids or something. I try to go weekly, sometimes 2-3x/week during a heavy shipping/receiving month. This should be the case from now through December barring world collapse, lockdowns etc. Amazon just built a second massive warehouse outside of Ottawa, presumably to deal with demand (and they just finished the small-town-sized one last year) and perhaps with drone delivery. Regardless, I don't want to have to depend on Amazon for anything toy related.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:12 PM   #337
Robimus
Super Moderator

I don’t recall the last time I saw a child in TRU on a hunt

Its like a grown up only store.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #338
dawingster
Cylon Centurion

Amazon Pre-orders

Reg Cobra Trooper aka Gij Cs Figure Carpenter Bee 2
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08HDPZM76

Zartan aka Gij Cs Figure Mountain Lion
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08HDRLPQ2
dawingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #339
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Do not put faith into Amazon preorders. Make sure you have a back up plan. Also..$3 price increase. Booo!
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #340
Robimus
Super Moderator

I broke with my religious views against pre ordering and put one in at EB for those two.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote