ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #2691
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetjo View Post
Do you have the SKU for Commander Pyre? Thanks!
It’s 501412.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #2692
Drewton
Cobra Trooper

Stocktrack has worked perfectly for me a few times but most times it’s ending up in being a waste of time for me. Some stores particularly seem to take forever to put stuff on shelves after they come into the system. It’s mainly useful for telling me where not to check.
Drewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #2693
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Saw several of the clone wars figures at customer service today. I asked if I could buy them and clerk said they were on hold for someone who already called in advance. Fair or unfair?

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #2694
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Saw several of the clone wars figures at customer service today. I asked if I could buy them and clerk said they were on hold for someone who already called in advance. Fair or unfair?
I suppose fair with a *. It's really up to the store to say nope or impose a limit.

I'd have no issue asking for multiples if I could - worse they'll say is no and I get one instead.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:23 PM   #2695
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think holding multiple figures for one phone customer is extremely unfair.

One of each seems reasonable to me.

A complaint to the store manager might get results here.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #2696
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think holding multiple figures for one phone customer is extremely unfair.

One of each seems reasonable to me.

A complaint to the store manager might get results here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I suppose fair with a *. It's really up to the store to say nope or impose a limit.

I'd have no issue asking for multiples if I could - worse they'll say is no and I get one instead.
Quote:

If that customer has the funds, who are you to stop them from buying multiples? It sucks, it seems unfair but that’s commerce. Don’t be angry at Walmart or other collectors, be angry at Hasbro for limiting these items. Or even having exclusives.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #2697
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
If that customer has the funds, who are you to stop them from buying multiples? It sucks, it seems unfair but that’s commerce. Don’t be angry at Walmart or other collectors, be angry at Hasbro for limiting these items. Or even having exclusives.
So long as you are good with scalpers setting aside 8 or 16 of a new figure by phone its fine. I suspect you are not as you offered a complaint about scalpers in the Ahsoka Trooper thread.

I think they should impose reasonable limits on hard to find product.

Stores can set policy, and have in the past.

I also assume the store in question was TRU, as they do offer holds. I don’t think Walmart does.

If its gonna be first come, first serve, I’m good with that. Buy them all. But would you not be upset if someone saw 16 of the new figure on stocktrack, phoned the store and had them all set aside for themselves before they hit store shelves? Then they show up at Local Flea Market store X the next day for double the price?

That would be a by product of this policy if there are not limits.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #2698
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
I don't disagree with you in theory but why are retailers limiting people from buying more than 5 packs of toilet paper if I have the money? Why is Shoppers and Walmart of the world preventing my from buying beyond my need if I got to the stores before everyone else?

The discussion is going towards social contract and societal foundation of how we project what is fair.

Personally, I have gotten multiple of a figure but when I leave the aisle, I make sure there are some, not 1 for others. That's my belief and hope others will do the same. It's naive because we know there are people who aren't like that.
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #2699
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
So long as you are good with scalpers setting aside 8 or 16 of a new figure by phone its fine. I suspect you are not as you offered a complaint about scalpers in the Ahsoka Trooper thread.

I think they should impose reasonable limits on hard to find product.

Stores can set policy, and have in the past.

I also assume the store in question was TRU, as they do offer holds. I don’t think Walmart does.

If its gonna be first come, first serve, I’m good with that. Buy them all. But would you not be upset if someone saw 16 of the new figure on stocktrack, phoned the store and had them all set aside for themselves before they hit store shelves? Then they show up at Local Flea Market store X the next day for double the price?

That would be a by product of this policy if there are not limits.
First off, the poster Wheelwave didn’t set a number, he said several. Secondly, this would be Walmart as these are their exclusives. Walmart typically doesn’t set stuff aside unless a manager signs off on it, and they again set the policy. Would I be upset if my stores entire stock went to someone who then sold them for a much higher markup? Absolutely, but it’s jealousy not anything else. Most stores understand this and set reasonable holds on items that have intrinsic value, but rationally most stores don’t care about collectors; revenue is revenue. Scalpers is an erroneous term anyways, opportunists fits better. Collecting has always attracted opportunists; should we be upset with everyone on Marketplace or Kijiji or EBay who prices their item according to market value? A market value that is set by those same people by the way. Again, I’d be more upset at Hasbro, as their limited production, poor communication and dedication to this type of exclusives model always brings hurt feelings.
It’s unfortunate for Wheelwave that someone in his area is buying up all the figures. I have been in that situation where I missed getting something because people hid or bought everything. As I also said in another thread, they may restock in the future, possibly around Christmas.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #2700
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
I don't disagree with you in theory but why are retailers limiting people from buying more than 5 packs of toilet paper if I have the money? Why is Shoppers and Walmart of the world preventing my from buying beyond my need if I got to the stores before everyone else?

The discussion is going towards social contract and societal foundation of how we project what is fair.

Personally, I have gotten multiple of a figure but when I leave the aisle, I make sure there are some, not 1 for others. That's my belief and hope others will do the same. It's naive because we know there are people who aren't like that.
That goes to need over want though; there are more people aware and needing toilet paper than toys. Same with any commodity that would be in demand in times like this. Again, I don’t like opportunists that fleece these toys to desperate collectors, but who’s to say who’s buying and reselling? As some people have said, there are army builders out there. Should we chase them off because they want to have a cool display? I knew a guy who bought 100 3 3/3” clone troopers from 2005-2006. He had a gunship and wanted a big, enclosed glass display. He opened every single one, and put them all in this display. Was he wrong?