ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #2881
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
Not every walmart is getting the exclusive figures and the ones that do are getting at the least 1 case (6 figures per case)... but some locations are getting 2 cases which is better but in my opinion still not enough. Closets location to me had 12figs in stock over night.. opened at 7am.. by 7:05am all stock was cleared out and i was there to see it happen.. doors literally opened.. a bunch of us walked up and grabbed what we need and boom all gone.. i don't see a better reason then to restock then when an item is so popular that it clears off the shelf within 5 minutes of being on the shelf. they are dropping the ball on these exclusives..
Realistically this has become so profitable for scalpers and competitive that I have figured I will not be able to get these.
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #2882
jetsetjo
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Was going to order some of wave 27 from CMDstore. But I was hesitate about ordering from them because this was ordering from them for the first time and I don't know much experience from them. Sure enough, they sold out of Incinerator Troopers. Well now, they got more in stock. But I am still hesitate about ordering from them. I would like to order like an Armorer and 2 Incinerator troopers. But not sure about the prices. What would you recommend?
The Armorer and Incinerator Trooper are available for preorder at regular price at DuclosToys.com. I've ordered from them many times before and they are reliable. But, again, I can't comment on packing and shipping because I pick up my orders.
jetsetjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #2883
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetjo View Post
The Armorer and Incinerator Trooper are available for preorder at regular price at DuclosToys.com. I've ordered from them many times before and they are reliable. But, again, I can't comment on packing and shipping because I pick up my orders.
I ordered from them once. Their shipping kind of sucks and is expensive. It took kind of a while to get here and when it did it was in a huge box with the contents of the box printed on a huge piece of paper slapped on the the outside of the box. They seem to have no consideration for discreteness for those that care. Only reason I ordered from them was cause they had 2 items I wanted that I couldn't find anywhere else and they had a promo code which covered the expensive shipping.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:55 PM   #2884
ghostlurk29
Mutant

I use nmctoys.ca for my "can't find at walmart\tru\eb" panic shopping. They have a reasonable free shipping threshold, along with order stock-piling. Some of their stuff gets marked up $2 to $5, but that's no worse than EB. They can be slow processing orders, but I've always received everything in securely packed, clean, and discrete boxes.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #2885
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Found there is a very far Walmart that has Ahsoka and Mando trooper in stock. But it is totally out of my way and I did call them and they had so many people call for them. I'm afraid of facing these scalpers and competing with them. Why must this be so difficult and unfair.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #2886
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
When you saw it happen, were there line people buying multiples of each figure? So many hoarders that you couldn't get one?
It was literally 4 people. We all walked in together.. first guy grabbed 4.. said it was for friends.. i grabbed 2.. one for my collection and 1 for a friend.. and the next two guys grabbed the rest. Not sure if the guys that grabbed 3-4 really were grabbing for friends or not but I just got what i needed and walked out. Had to be home before the kids woke up for school lol.. but after i told my wife the story she was in disbelieve at how insanly fast these things go and how if you don't know about stocktrack you are basically screwed. Even if you do know you still may not get one as she knows since she went to another location for me and arrived only 30min after stock showed on stock track to find that it was already gone (zero on stock track when she was literally walking in).... its rough.. I don't mind exclusives so long as there are plenty to order online and plenty to purchase in store.. this isn't PT figures we are talking about here that end up as peg warmers.. these are extremely popular clone wars figures 3 of which are army builders.. i myself have 3 of the ahsoka clones.. for stores that carried only 1 case thats already half the case.. i don't know what they were thinking.. but the best route would be to have 4 cases at least.. and only release them on the the shelves at different dates/times to avoid one person just scooping up the whole thing which is happening ALOT.. I have noticed a couple walmarts show stock of a single case within a few days apart.. so that was kinda nice to see.. give other people a chance..
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #2887
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
It was literally 4 people. We all walked in together.. first guy grabbed 4.. said it was for friends.. i grabbed 2.. one for my collection and 1 for a friend.. and the next two guys grabbed the rest. Not sure if the guys that grabbed 3-4 really were grabbing for friends or not but I just got what i needed and walked out. Had to be home before the kids woke up for school lol.. but after i told my wife the story she was in disbelieve at how insanly fast these things go and how if you don't know about stocktrack you are basically screwed. Even if you do know you still may not get one as she knows since she went to another location for me and arrived only 30min after stock showed on stock track to find that it was already gone (zero on stock track when she was literally walking in).... its rough.. I don't mind exclusives so long as there are plenty to order online and plenty to purchase in store.. this isn't PT figures we are talking about here that end up as peg warmers.. these are extremely popular clone wars figures 3 of which are army builders.. i myself have 3 of the ahsoka clones.. for stores that carried only 1 case thats already half the case.. i don't know what they were thinking.. but the best route would be to have 4 cases at least.. and only release them on the the shelves at different dates/times to avoid one person just scooping up the whole thing which is happening ALOT.. I have noticed a couple walmarts show stock of a single case within a few days apart.. so that was kinda nice to see.. give other people a chance..
I only need 2 Mandos. But if my nearest stores sell out, I may put up a Wanted thread (don't really want to, but just in desperation).

Old 11-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #2888
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Just checked a Walmart that had 11 Ahsokas. In one hour, all gone at once.

Old 11-15-2020, 11:43 PM   #2889
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Just checked a Walmart that had 11 Ahsokas. In one hour, all gone at once.
Yeah, there’s a guy in Brant who has 10-12 of each exclusive and he’s asking $50 apiece. Trying times I guess.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:47 PM   #2890
Nexobituous
Super Friend

Red Deer Alberta is out of the way enough we don't always get scalpers snatching up waves right away, but we got a wave of 18 Ahsokas. I grabbed one, another guy grabbed one. Lets see how long they last. The Ashoka clones had all 18 sell out in an hour or so.
Nexobituous is offline   Reply With Quote