ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-15-2020, 11:52 PM   #2891
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Yeah, there’s a guy in Brant who has 10-12 of each exclusive and he’s asking $50 apiece. Trying times I guess.
This is unfair and inconsiderate.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #2892
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, there’s a guy in Brant who has 10-12 of each exclusive and he’s asking $50 apiece. Trying times I guess.
Anyone who has $900-$1000 to buy up 10-12 each of these 3 exclusive figures is not going through trying times. Dude is just a scalping SoB.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-16-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:00 AM   #2893
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Anyone who has $900-$1000 to buy up 10-12 each of these 3 exclusive figures is not going through trying times. Dude is just a scalping SoB.
Someone who is like that, I hope he doesn't sell one and later he's stuck with all of them.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:00 AM   #2894
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Sorry, I mean trying times for people looking to buy these at retail.
And he had all 4 exclusives, so close to $1200 he spent.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:08 AM   #2895
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Sorry, I mean trying times for people looking to buy these at retail.
And he had all 4 exclusives, so close to $1200 he spent.
Yet he's trying to turn that $1200 into $2000?

Old 11-16-2020, 12:08 AM   #2896
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Just checked a Walmart that had 11 Ahsokas. In one hour, all gone at once.
That is just ridiculous. This kind of thing is disgusting and makes me want to just stop collecting. I'm so sick of scalpers and I'm so sick of the people in this community who hoard the figures and buy cases for "friends". I'm also disgusted with Hasbro and how they decided it would be a fantastic idea to package a HIGH DEMAND character like Ahsoka as an exclusive. They full knew what they were doing and so did Walmart. Walmart knew that getting this exclusive would get their stores high traffic and Hasbro knew that having 3 army builders and a first release of a in demand character would have scalpers buying cases like mad men. Sickening and this just shows how broken the current Toy industry is.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:50 AM   #2897
Hamlet
Super Friend

I hear you all, and I need you to know I’m right there with you. I’m refreshing links and chomping at the bit to get all these silly subsets just like everyone else on these boards. I’ve only been able to secure 2 of the Walmart 4 so far, and it is driving me nuts. So I’m not trying to subvert what anyone above has said, nor am I trying to prevent more venting below. We need somewhere to vent our frustrations, right?
But, I’ve got to say this is madness. We’re letting them do this to us. This is a toy company that is now trying to sell their toys as valued collectibles. These are not rare items. They are mass produced. On a huge scale. These aren’t limited editions or numbered production runs. I’ve been collecting Black Series since the beginning. And up until this last year and a half, I’ve been able to acquire one of every figure with few difficulties. But something has happened lately. The days of the Rogue One peg-warmers are long gone, and I think it is because Hasbro figured out how to game us. They create fomo, and let it build, and it results in sell-outs because we go rabid. From white boxes to carbonized paint to subsets split across multiple retailers, they continue to create the perception that their product is limited and valuable. They are using something like the Funko model now. And those of us who are still completionists are making it too easy. Remember when store exclusives used to sit forever? Now stores don’t even have to unload or stock them. A few times this week, I found myself paying almost 40 dollars retail on websites for figures I used to wait for until they fell to 12 bucks on clearance. Am I crazy? I must be crazy. These things are not worth that much to begin with, and they certainly aren’t worth all the time hunting online and the gas burned up driving around like a maniac trying to secure them. This stuff should be fun and easy. But all of a sudden it’s not. Sure, scalpers are partially to blame. But I think we’re being gamed here - I even feel manipulated by the new numbering system! When Marvel Legends get too expensive in the aftermarket, they release new ones. When Ezra and Chopper got too expensive on eBay, they re-released them. But we aren’t even giving them a chance to re-release when we chose to see just-released items at retail as collectible or valuable or rare. Of course they will eventually re-release these figures, but not until they set the board again and can be sure of another quick sell-out.
Now I’m gonna go check stocktrack and amazon...seriously. I’m going to do it right now. Because I’m a pawn in their well-designed game. I just wish I was strong enough to resist!

Last edited by Hamlet; 11-16-2020 at 12:59 AM.
Hamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:19 AM   #2898
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

EB has Ventress and 2 of the Bad Batch up for PO:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...-ages-4-and-up

chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:26 AM   #2899
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Awesome, look at this post, nice links etc. I ordered em thanks !
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:51 AM   #2900
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
I hear you all, and I need you to know I’m right there with you. I’m refreshing links and chomping at the bit to get all these silly subsets just like everyone else on these boards. I’ve only been able to secure 2 of the Walmart 4 so far, and it is driving me nuts. So I’m not trying to subvert what anyone above has said, nor am I trying to prevent more venting below. We need somewhere to vent our frustrations, right?
But, I’ve got to say this is madness. We’re letting them do this to us. This is a toy company that is now trying to sell their toys as valued collectibles. These are not rare items. They are mass produced. On a huge scale. These aren’t limited editions or numbered production runs. I’ve been collecting Black Series since the beginning. And up until this last year and a half, I’ve been able to acquire one of every figure with few difficulties. But something has happened lately. The days of the Rogue One peg-warmers are long gone, and I think it is because Hasbro figured out how to game us. They create fomo, and let it build, and it results in sell-outs because we go rabid. From white boxes to carbonized paint to subsets split across multiple retailers, they continue to create the perception that their product is limited and valuable. They are using something like the Funko model now. And those of us who are still completionists are making it too easy. Remember when store exclusives used to sit forever? Now stores don’t even have to unload or stock them. A few times this week, I found myself paying almost 40 dollars retail on websites for figures I used to wait for until they fell to 12 bucks on clearance. Am I crazy? I must be crazy. These things are not worth that much to begin with, and they certainly aren’t worth all the time hunting online and the gas burned up driving around like a maniac trying to secure them. This stuff should be fun and easy. But all of a sudden it’s not. Sure, scalpers are partially to blame. But I think we’re being gamed here - I even feel manipulated by the new numbering system! When Marvel Legends get too expensive in the aftermarket, they release new ones. When Ezra and Chopper got too expensive on eBay, they re-released them. But we aren’t even giving them a chance to re-release when we chose to see just-released items at retail as collectible or valuable or rare. Of course they will eventually re-release these figures, but not until they set the board again and can be sure of another quick sell-out.
Now I’m gonna go check stocktrack and amazon...seriously. I’m going to do it right now. Because I’m a pawn in their well-designed game. I just wish I was strong enough to resist!
I wouldn't count on another Ahsoka Re-release for a long time if at all. Hasbro doesn't do store exclusive re-releases for Black Series.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-16-2020 at 04:55 AM.