ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #2911
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cujo View Post
Oh I understood the point. But that logic unfortunately still feeds the scalpers.

I also agree that limits would help. But they can be circumvented. Big picture is that the stores dont care who buys, as long as the items sell. I just go without rather than buy from third party sellers. I wont run around all over the place to get stuff either. And with covid I miss out a lot more. But I'm also patient and play the long game. Usually it works out in the long run.
Limits would help but stores and Hasbro would never do that cause they don't give a damn who buys as long as it sells. The entire North American collector ecosystem is just hilariously broken compared to the Japanese collector ecosystem. Distributors actually care there by making retailers set limits on figures depending on the popularity of a line and exclusivity of a figure. Due to this scalpers don't really exist over there. It's too bad Hasbro and other distributors don't care enough to follow suit and would rather continue to promote toxicity in the North American collecting culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Tried calling the farthest Walmart that showed 12 Mando Troopers in stock. Apparently someone else called around the same time as me and they apparently they put all 12 on hold for the other guy. This isn't fair!
Yeah it definitely isn't fair at all. Can't do much though when the retailers and Distributors only care about money and not the consumer that gives them it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
you are probably right but his point is that he didn't have to run around like an idiot from store to store in order to do that.. instead the scalper is the idiot that ran around wasting 2-3 hrs of his time + gas and all you had to do is pay him $10 HAHAHA.. sounds good to me.

What will really help with this is limiting purchases.. do you think some scalper could walk out with 12 ahsokas if the limit was 2? sure there are ways around it but atleast they would have to work for it.

i know some TRU in my area had a limit on the GE figs and were even asking for ID. From what i understood they were limiting per day. So you could get 2 today and 2 tomorrow but not more then 2 in one day. This system atleast allows for more people to get their hands on figures and scalpers would have a hard time clearing out stores...

there are so many ways to limit buying and prevent scalping but they just don't all seem to want to implement it.

For standard figures i don't think its needed but for exclusives it should be made standard that there is a limit of 2 per customer.
Like I said in my other post if Hasbro and other distributors started implementing measures like the Japanese collector market does to prevent scalping we wouldn't have this problem. Instead they just sit back despite knowing this is a BIG problem and continue to count fat stacks of cash. They clearly don't care about the consumer, I don't know why people(including myself) continue to keep throwing money at them they don't deserve.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-17-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #2912
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Tried calling the farthest Walmart that showed 12 Mando Troopers in stock. Apparently someone else called around the same time as me and they apparently they put all 12 on hold for the other guy. This isn't fair!
It’s bad long term for business as well. I thought exclusives were to drive foot traffic which I presume is more than a single douchbag buying it all.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #2913
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
It’s bad long term for business as well. I thought exclusives were to drive foot traffic which I presume is more than a single douchbag buying it all.
It still does bring in foot traffic cause there will be a ton of people running in and out of multiple Walmarts looking for the exclusives not knowing some douche bag bought them all.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:32 PM   #2914
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It still does bring in foot traffic cause there will be a ton of people running in and out of multiple Walmarts looking for the exclusives not knowing some douche bag bought them all.
I guess enraged customers during a pandemic is their target group
Old 11-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #2915
wedge1021
Mutant

All these exclusives do is make me want to buy other stuff from Walmart LESS, not more.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #2916
Crom71
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post

Thanks for the laugh! Funny, but true.
Crom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #2917
Jovo
Red Shirt

Hurry Ahsoka's Clone Trooper available now online!

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wa.../6000201500623
Jovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:27 PM   #2918
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovo View Post
Hurry Ahsoka's Clone Trooper available now online!

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wa.../6000201500623
Gone like the wind.
EpicLumpia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #2919
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
Gone like the wind.
Some guy probably ordered like 80 and the system took his order
Old 11-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #2920
Drewton
Cobra Trooper

Got lucky and got an Ahsoka online at WM yesterday morning, probably the only way I was going to get it.

EB Games failed me once with Beskar Mando, but putting them up for order months ahead, like the upcoming Ventress in April, is definitely my favourite way to get these figures at this point. I hope they would have gotten the Cad Bane wave.
Drewton is offline   Reply With Quote