ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #2971
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

I just received delivery of my TVC Incinerator Troopers from my Walmart pre-order. So they should be showing up in stores pretty soon - if they're showing up at all. They shipped them in a box that was way too small, luckily the cards were mostly just curled so I should be able to salvage 1 mint to be my MOC copy.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #2972
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbaDee View Post
haha what

I'm still kicking myself for not buying more of the original when TRU had them down to $20-25
What's so funny about that? If they continued to make sequel trilogies and spin off films they'd continue using the Black Series line for their movie tie in figures the same way they did from 2015-2018 until eventually OT is in the same place as PT currently is. With Disney not giving a damn about it as well as Hasbro.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #2973
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbaDee View Post
haha what

I'm still kicking myself for not buying more of the original when TRU had them down to $20-25
I at least got one but seriously in retrospect why not get like 6!
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #2974
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
What's so funny about that? If they continued to make sequel trilogies and spin off films they'd continue using the Black Series line for their movie tie in figures the same way they did from 2015-2018 until eventually OT is in the same place as PT currently is. With Disney not giving a damn about it as well as Hasbro.
Wait, so are you claiming they never had any other movie tie in toy lines for their Star Wars movies? Hasbro never made any other series, whatsoever?
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #2975
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Wait, so are you claiming they never had any other movie tie in toy lines for their Star Wars movies? Hasbro never made any other series, whatsoever?
No, they did which I admittedly forgot about( wasn't collecting any star wars toys back then so I didn't pay too much attention to Star Wars toy lines) and claimed they didn't in another post. That subline was only for 3.75 figures though, not 6 inch. If they could make a separate tie in like for 3.75 why couldn't do they do the same for Black series instead of flooding it with ST figures the way they did?
Old 11-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #2976
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
No, they did which I admittedly forgot about( wasn't collecting any star wars toys back then so I didn't pay too much attention to Star Wars toy lines) and claimed they didn't in another post. That subline was only for 3.75 figures though, not 6 inch. If they could make a separate tie in like for 3.75 why couldn't do they do the same for Black series instead of flooding it with ST figures the way they did?
Okay, that makes sense.

Well truthfully, they did overdo it with FA black series. They had everything under the sun from that movie. But they learned with TLJ, and only producers token figures, save for the Praetorians and Rey. They didn’t even give us accurate Finns or Roses. Then ROS happened and they produced exactly 8 figures from that movie. Even Rogue One or Solo didn’t have the extensive load of figures you’re thinking of. Black series has been hit and miss with a lot of their releases; often redoing figures that are older with the archive series, or specializing with the anniversary stuff. I forget the original argument here to be honest.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #2977
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Okay, that makes sense.

Well truthfully, they did overdo it with FA black series. They had everything under the sun from that movie. But they learned with TLJ, and only producers token figures, save for the Praetorians and Rey. They didn’t even give us accurate Finns or Roses. Then ROS happened and they produced exactly 8 figures from that movie. Even Rogue One or Solo didn’t have the extensive load of figures you’re thinking of. Black series has been hit and miss with a lot of their releases; often redoing figures that are older with the archive series, or specializing with the anniversary stuff. I forget the original argument here to be honest.
If I remember correctly it was myself basically saying that if Disney's sequels and spin off films did well enough to the point of surpassing the OT in popularity and sales (which they likely were aiming for) then Disney wouldn't really need to rely on OT merch anymore and it would end up in the same position the PT is now. Under utilized and mainly left in the corner for whenever Hasbro and Disney feel like doing something with it for a quick buck.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-23-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #2978
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
If I remember correctly it was myself basically saying that if Disney's sequels and spin off films did well enough to the point of surpassing the OT in popularity and sales (which they likely were aiming for) then Disney wouldn't really need to rely on OT merch anymore and it would end up in the same position the PT is now. Under utilized and mainly left in the corner for whenever Hasbro and Disney feel like doing something with it for a quick buck.
Realistically that would never happen, the OT is too popular. I’m surprised that the PT and CW are getting so much attention from Hasbro, but I like it. Even with the ST and MD doing so well for products, they can’t resist the OT.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #2979
Drewton
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Even Rogue One or Solo didn’t have the extensive load of figures you’re thinking of.
Man, we never even got young Han with the cool white jacket on Corellia or Maul from Solo.

I love the OT more than anything else Star Wars, but honestly I'm tired of collecting OT stuff.
Drewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:23 PM   #2980
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewton View Post
Man, we never even got young Han with the cool white jacket on Corellia or Maul from Solo.
In Manitoba there are still stores where you can pick up young Han off the peg, today, if non essential sales were allowed.

They certainly did the 40th Anniversary of Empire line, but really there has been a ton of stuff, both Black and Vintage, that is non OT in the past while.

We got every Rebels character reissued, Mauldalorians, Ahsoka Troopers, Ahsoka herself, bunch of different Mandalorian characters, bunch of Clone Troopers, Dooku, Plo Kool. Not to mention the Episode 9 figures that won’t go away

And brace yourself, Jar Jar is coming......

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is online now   Reply With Quote