ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #1111
ghostlurk29
Mutant
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Should I maybe place an order and See? Just that I never ordered from them before.
If you don't mind paying $50+ per figure, go ahead.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #1112
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Ontario Power Rangers Toy Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
The new showrunner (John Entwistle) tends to write teenagers in a specific edgy way:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3536642/

He's also rumored (from Illuminerdi) to have a female lead character in mind for the series/films, with multiple gay rangers as well. Some fans will love this, others will be alienated. Similar to the Star Wars sequels.
That could go either way. I have no problem with having a female lead (Lady Red Rangers are so under represented), and no issues with having some LGBTetc characters in it (cause if nothing else it means the show might acknowledge that romance is more than just smiling at each other and making puppy dog eyes - looking at you, Dino Charge).

But, BUT!

I don’t want to see it become a soulless woke wasteland. I don’t want to see Power Rangers become a kid friendly Batwoman or Supergirl, shows that IMO thought being a woman and being gay were the alpha and omega of character development and writing. Diversity is welcome, but it needs to be showcased in a respectful way, especially so kids watching it can know that girls can be team leaders and boys can like boys and have it feel... natural, not forced or campy? Not sure how to totally express this thought but I think we (as fans and adults) can sense that difference between natural diversity and woke garbage, and I think kids probably can too to some extent.

Either way it’ll be interesting to see how things unfold.

Last edited by Alexander Quinn; 11-17-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Weird autocorrect.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #1113
Ksteel
Mutant

To be fair, Entwistle does a good job handling the 'Woke' stuff without it being obnoxious and pandering like the CW DC shows.

"I'm Not Okay With This" has a queer female teenage lead, but it's handled quite well. I expect the same in his PR Reboot.

To get things back on track, DC Black is no longer a chase figure. Most Toys R Us seem to have crazy overstock of it. This is the Thornhill one today;

I wish I cared enough about that character to buy one, but meh. They need to make better choices about which figures to have as Lightning Collection exclusives.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:22 PM   #1114
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Ontario Power Rangers Toy Sightings

Found this online. Found it pretty hilarious and accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
That could go either way. I have no problem with having a female lead (Lady Red Rangers are so under represented), and no issues with having some LGBTetc characters in it (cause if nothing else it means the show might acknowledge that romance is more than just smiling at each other and making puppy dog eyes - looking at you, Dino Charge).

But, BUT!

I don’t want to see it become a soulless woke wasteland. I don’t want to see Power Rangers become a kid friendly Batwoman or Supergirl, shows that IMO thought being a woman and being gay were the alpha and omega of character development and writing. Diversity is welcome, but it needs to be showcased in a respectful way, especially so kids watching it can know that girls can be team leaders and boys can like boys and have it feel... natural, not forced or campy? Not sure how to totally express this thought but I think we (as fans and adults) can sense that difference between natural diversity and woke garbage, and I think kids probably can too to some extent.

Either way it’ll be interesting to see how things unfold.
No, I agree with you 100%. If it's done to meet a quota and to push an agenda then I want no part of it. Unfortunately it's 2020 though. I'm willing to bet all my money that Power Rangers is going to head down the same path Disney made Star Wars go down with the Sequels and they are planning on doing with their new EU project. Mary Sue leads that don't require character development cause they are already perfect. Either way I don't really care anymore. I already retired from Power Rangers and moved onto to Super Sentai after RPM ended. Let the franchise die for all I care.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-18-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #1115
ghostlurk29
Mutant

DT White for MSRP at NMC
https://nmctoys.ca/e7783.html

Random Wave 1 (best wave) figures for $10 at EB
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...osen-at-random
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #1116
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Dino Thunder Red up and in stock on Amazon. Listed as Prg BLT Lum Jupiter. Crazy code names.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0889TQ37C/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:57 PM   #1117
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Was at Walmart today. Please forgive me figure gods for I had thought about fig swapping lol. Well more like accessory swapping. Switching out the painted Goldar sword with the old Exclusive Goldar sword is so tempting and ridiculously easy. Thought about it but I'm just not an A hole like that lol. I'm surprised this isn't a rampant problem. I guess a lot of people don't care enough to make the effort just for an accessory.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:59 AM   #1118
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Was at Walmart today. Please forgive me figure gods for I had thought about fig swapping lol. Well more like accessory swapping. Switching out the painted Goldar sword with the old Exclusive Goldar sword is so tempting and ridiculously easy. Thought about it but I'm just not an A hole like that lol. I'm surprised this isn't a rampant problem. I guess a lot of people don't care enough to make the effort just for an accessory.
Glad you didn't, it's a crappy thing to do. I saw In Space yellow at Walmart and someone swapped the Ashley head out for some random accessory.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:44 AM   #1119
Ksteel
Mutant

bruh

Mother....f er
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:05 AM   #1120
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
bruh

Mother....f er
LOL what even is that swap? What was the point? and why did he keep that awful Zack head? Man smdh I don't even know anymore. He even swapped the exclusive Black Ranger that's harder to get for the one that is significantly easier to get. I don't understand how this guy benefits from this swap. This community..

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-20-2020 at 03:09 AM.