ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-03-2022, 05:45 AM   #481
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,468 / 9,000 (-13) 60.76% of funding with 28d 18h left.

Heroscape: 1,295 / 8,000 (+347) 16.19% of funding with 43d 19h left.

So a second day in a row of losses for the Ghost Rider Haslab. The two days of losses are almost half of the total gains it made over the previous three days. So basically after losing hundreds of backers it had 3 days of gains which was a total of 62 backers added. Now after 2 days of losses (26 backers) the last 5 days have been a grand total of 36 backers added. Or put another way just over 7 backers added per day on average over those 5 days.

This is more and more looking like the Rancor Haslab's trend during the period it was losing backers. Not a good sign. The only good thing is that it is happening earlier in the campaign than it did with the Rancor, so there is more time to turn it around, if it can.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:40 AM   #482
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I'm going to call it now and predict that if the losses continue even at a small trickle, Hasbro is going to unveil all of the tiers just days before the deadline.

Watching Spector Creative's recent video on the Ghost Rider Haslab, he made a valid point that when a Haslab fails, it hurts the brand image of that franchise. The Star Wars brand definitely took a pummelling with the Rancor debacle. I don't think the Marvel team at Hasbro wants to repeat that humiliation.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:13 AM   #483
Canukle
Clonetrooper

From what I remember, Skystriker was really, REALLY close. That Cobra Takeover thing is what pushed it to a success... and then it just exploded to unlock almost all the tiers.

But I could be remembering that wrong
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #484
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm going to call it now and predict that if the losses continue even at a small trickle, Hasbro is going to unveil all of the tiers just days before the deadline.

Watching Spector Creative's recent video on the Ghost Rider Haslab, he made a valid point that when a Haslab fails, it hurts the brand image of that franchise. The Star Wars brand definitely took a pummelling with the Rancor debacle. I don't think the Marvel team at Hasbro wants to repeat that humiliation.

Yeah I watched that video as well. It was an interesting take. I see both sides. On the one hand yes it hurts the brands, and let's not forget the SW team followed the Rancor up with Reva's Lightsaber!!!!

However Toy Guru also mentioned how the brand's Licensor has a lot of influence over what can, or cannot, be made. So for SW I would imagine they had a lot less say about Reva's Lightsaber than we know.

Anyway, yeah I can see these failures hurting the brands, and that stink can be long lasting.

Yet we all know that one great reveal can turn things around for a brand. We all at one point or another have complained about the different brands, but we all seem to come back around when something great, or something we personally want, gets revealed.

When it comes to SW I think there have been a lot of missteps recently which has compounded the idea that the brand is struggling in toy form. However there is also the idea that brand fatigue has set in for SW as well. The sequel trilogy left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, and the follow up shows have been hit or miss outside of The Mandolorian. Maybe it needs a bit of a breather, much like after the Prequels, there was bad blood on the fans part, but they didn't immediately dive into a dozen different shows/movies.

Anyway what do I know? I'm just a fan who keeps chugging right along with the different brands no matter what it seems.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #485
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
From what I remember, Skystriker was really, REALLY close. That Cobra Takeover thing is what pushed it to a success... and then it just exploded to unlock almost all the tiers.

But I could be remembering that wrong

Yep the Cobra Hack in the final days is what really turned the project around. After that it really started to get momentum and yes it missed only the last tier unlock.

Although I still contend that the Rancor failing a couple days before the end of the Skystriker also helped. I'm sure a small, but significant, number of people probably thought that since they weren't going to have to pay for the Rancor, they might as well get a Skystriker with all those figures.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #486
Napseeker
Dark Knight

That's true and this could be what poses a risk to the Ghost Rider Haslab right now.

We just saw a large chunk of new toys unveiled at Pulsecon. Fans don't have unlimited amounts of $$$ If a certain someone just paid $130 for Serpentor and his chariot, do they even have the cash left to participate in the Ghost Rider haslab which hasn't exactly garnered the fan community's excitement? Likely not.

Hasbro's own departments are increasingly competing against one another for a limited supply of customer cash.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:10 AM   #487
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,388 / 9,000 (-80) 59.87% of funding with 27d 19h left.

Heroscape: 1,453 / 8,000 (+158) 18.16% of funding with 42d 20h left.

OOFFAHH........GR lost another 80 backers, completely wiping out the gains from the past week, and further dropping the total from its' peak. It is still following the same track as the Rancor for funding losses and gains, but with much more time to recover.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #488
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Up to 5,411 Backers.
Not much of a jump even by including Pryor today.
Seems like the fans have decided this one is not happening.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #489
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Shartimus and AnthonysCustoms speaking out about not backing the project is pretty much a death knell I think. Still under 30 days left, but there'd have to be an insane hail mary for how much the community hates this.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:09 PM   #490
chuskers
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Up to 5,411 Backers.
Not much of a jump even by including Pryor today.
Seems like the fans have decided this one is not happening.
Aaaaand back down to 5395
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote