ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-18-2021, 06:24 PM   #11
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Hasbro Revenues and Why Exclusives Aren't Going Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
The real problem is that Hasbro is churning out nothing but exclusives. Is there even a mainline anymore? It certainly doesn't feel like it.
It’s so hard to find the mainlines that they might as well be exclusives, lol. I haven’t researched it but I feel like Hasbro has been producing far less product over all lately, creating a sense of ‘buy it now or get it never’. So if a store actually gets a fresh case of Legends or Black Series, or Classified it vanishes in a flash. I feel like Hasbro’s strategy might be ‘make more variety in lesser quantities’ so we’re constantly trying to get new figures but they’re all harder to find overall.

I do miss the days of being able to go into a store, find something I want, and buy it. Not a fan of figures being revealed and preorders selling out within a day or two.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #12
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

What I think is this...the true power still rests with us, the Consumer. Regardless of whatever power Retailers have, this whole equation doesn't exist without us. If enough of us keep making noise and keep hammering Hasbro with that noise, and especially far and wide through Social Media, we can put a stop to this foolishness. There is always a way to solve a problem, even one so relatively simple as getting action figures into the hands of fans.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #13
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
What I think is this...the true power still rests with us, the Consumer. Regardless of whatever power Retailers have, this whole equation doesn't exist without us. If enough of us keep making noise and keep hammering Hasbro with that noise, and especially far and wide through Social Media, we can put a stop to this foolishness. There is always a way to solve a problem, even one so relatively simple as getting action figures into the hands of fans.
The easiest way to get their attention is to vote with your wallets and keep them closed.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:40 PM   #14
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
The easiest way to get their attention is to vote with your wallets and keep them closed.
Well, that's what I intend to do. My hope would be that enough people would be willing to do the same.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #15
Robimus
Super Moderator

I’m just gonna toss in that in terms of “exclusives” I wouldn’t say that Walmart and Amazon are huge issues.

Yes, Conehead’s issue. Minor Storm Shadow annoyances. Likely something I’ve missed.

It’s Target that is very, very, very exclusive heavy. Like half the entire GI Joe Classified toyline is exclusive.

And, of course as has been mentioned, exclusives aren’t truly the problem. It’s the availability of the exclusives thats the big issue.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:46 PM   #16
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I’m just gonna toss in that in terms of “exclusives” I wouldn’t say that Walmart and Amazon are huge issues.

Yes, Conehead’s issue. Minor Storm Shadow annoyances. Likely something I’ve missed.

It’s Target that is very, very, very exclusive heavy. Like half the entire GI Joe Classified toyline is exclusive.

And, of course as has been mentioned, exclusives aren’t truly the problem. It’s the availability of the exclusives thats the big issue.
I'd add that its availability in the broadest sense; that all these Preorders can sell out is absurd. Another issue with this are those stupid code names they keep using. Who here has missed a preorder looking for a product by its actual name, only to find out that it was already sold out because it was listed as something else?
Next, it's the fact that they don't always sync the release dates with the US, and never tell us when exactly to look either. Again, who here has missed a preorder because you happened to be at work? On a call? Getting Groceries? Making lunch for your kid or insert any other thing that one does in life? You literally have to be tied to your computer and jobless and relationshipless if one really wants to be able to keep up with these things.
Hasbro has turned an enjoyable hobby into a Shite-storm of stress and frustration.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:58 PM   #17
Robimus
Super Moderator

People are very frustrated, that much is clear.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:45 AM   #18
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I'm past the point of frustration at this point. I'm choosing to vote with my wallet. These figures just aren't worth the chase let alone worth the entrance fee anymore. I didn't mind paying $25 for one but $32.99 for regular releases and even more for exclusives is past my limit. If we were getting more accessories and swappable hands to give us more playability I wouldn't mind so much but we're paying top dollar for bare bones releases.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 06-19-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #19
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I'm grateful that some Marvel Legends figures do come with alternate heads (the hands can also be useful some times but I've noticed that I usually don't swap those). The option to "choose your head" at least makes it feel a bit justifiable to pay $33+tax for what should be $25. I wish they'd just drop the BaF gimmick and thus drop the price back to $25 or $27.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't understand that I'm buying toys from most of their toylines (SW, Joe, TF, Marvel Legends) so seeing a big price increase over the last 2 years across the board has basically broken the bank for me. I've already voted with my wallet and been forced to pass on some items that I'd otherwise buy... but can't justify.

The 4-inch scale was great: $10 for a MarvelU figure, didn't eat up much shelf space nor storage space when not on display. David Vonner, you are badly missed.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #20
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm grateful that some Marvel Legends figures do come with alternate heads (the hands can also be useful some times but I've noticed that I usually don't swap those). The option to "choose your head" at least makes it feel a bit justifiable to pay $33+tax for what should be $25. I wish they'd just drop the BaF gimmick and thus drop the price back to $25 or $27.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't understand that I'm buying toys from most of their toylines (SW, Joe, TF, Marvel Legends) so seeing a big price increase over the last 2 years across the board has basically broken the bank for me. I've already voted with my wallet and been forced to pass on some items that I'd otherwise buy... but can't justify.

The 4-inch scale was great: $10 for a MarvelU figure, didn't eat up much shelf space nor storage space when not on display. David Vonner, you are badly missed.
So that's why the 4 inch line ended? I remember I picked up a Gambit and Dead Pool from that line about 10 years ago before I really got into collecting. They had nice details and accessories for the price point. If Hasbro got rid of the BAF you'd still be paying that high price. I don't know if there has been a changing of the guard or something when it come to who runs Hasbro but the company has just become VERY anti-consumer. I get that Anti-consumer tactics is a normal thing all business do in some way shape or form but Hasbro seems to be putting it on steroids these past few years.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote