ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-16-2022, 02:01 PM   #5761
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I still remember the old regime at Hasbro Star Wars where a multi-pack often meant that you get it at a discount from simply buying the individual figures x (regular retail cost) x (number of figs in the pack) because most of the time they were either repacks or simple repaints. These were the old Battlepacks for anyone who remembers them.

The new Hasbro execs will gouge however much they can. I do think that Molten Man is going to eventually be re-done and re-released on retro card in the years to come. This one just looks disappointing.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:36 PM   #5762
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

It is going to be interesting to see how this set goes a year from now.

Looking back at a couple recent sets, it becomes tricky to tell whether or not Amazon will actually discount this set to any great extent.

The recent Wolverine set I haven't seen on sale for any significant amount, but the Alpha Flight set went down to $75ish dollars last year and that got me to scoop it up.

So who knows what Amazon will do? I am sure they will discount it at least a small amount if it doesn't sell out, but that may be all there is for sales.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:38 PM   #5763
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Odds are there will be a price drop. Just gotta wait it out unfortunately
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:58 PM   #5764
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I'm thinking that an expectation of "bulk discount" or a lower price point due to body re-use (admittedly a staple of the series, when it comes to Comic figures) is only setting yourself up for disappointment/anger. As shown.
So true, can't remember a time when Hasbro gave us a "bulk discount".
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:15 PM   #5765
philtastic
Master of the Universe

The Children of Thanos 5-pack was $210 when it finally launched in Canada, but settled around $178, and even $170 before going out of stock. And while that was prior to our current inflation, it was still in the middle of the lockdown, when distribution channels were fucked.

Not only that, but it had two BAFs, and an exclusive from a 2-pack. Even the Wolverine 5-pack is $160, and has gone as low as $123. And it was released just a year ago.

Either way, this new 5-pack is way overpriced, and with such obscure figures, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon cuts the price by a lot, or it ends up at fan channel sites like the Wolverine pack did. But I can't believe anyone would, or should buy it at this price, if for no other reason than to teach Hasbro a lesson.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:11 AM   #5766
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Many of you guys might've already picked him up, but Gamestop called that my Rhino is ready for pick-up.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:23 AM   #5767
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Many of you guys might've already picked him up, but Gamestop called that my Rhino is ready for pick-up.

Yep, picked him up yesterday.

The figure is great, especially the new heads, considering how old the mold is for the ML line. However it really is a thing of beauty on that oversized Retro card. Not only is it large and imposing as a carded figure, but it makes a great display piece just on card alone.

I just wish some company out there would make a protective case for the oversized Retro carded figures. I can find lots of options for the regular sized Retro cards, but nothing for the oversized versions. Thankfully the ML team uses sturday cardboard for them.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #5768
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt2k3 View Post
Did anyone else?s Walmart emails for lizard and Spider-Man stop??
Not for Liz or spider-man but my black panther emails stopped just before the expected date on the 9th of August.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:26 PM   #5769
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I caved and grabbed the iron monger set after seeing it in store. Amazon raised the price to $70 and TRU no longer has the ship to home option for it. That's not a good sign So if anyone still wants grab it now before its too late
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:11 PM   #5770
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Maybe, but then it's an even more cynical move on their part. Why not just sell five figures individually if they're all full price? And full *exclusive* price, at that. Hell, most retailers offer a discount when buying full cases, or waves.

But not here. And if you just want one particular figure you have to buy all five. Fuck that. And, for the record, I don't even want any of these figures. It's just such a bald face, greedy move from Hasbro that I'm angry on principle.
It's not greedy, it's just business.
Hasbro is a toy company and they sell toys to make money. Simple as that.
When you have a few bad years you have to make it up somehow so that's why prices are going up and you can see waves are being more lackluster because of what I suspect as budget control. Similar to what Mattel did with their DC figures but not as terrible as what Mattel did.

At the end, customers can vote for their wallets but not sure if Hasbro will understand the meaning. After all they are just doing their job.
I recommend you can check out some Todd Mcfarlane interviews. He speaks geek but also understands the business. And also Super7 interviews.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote