ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #31
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Vintage/Retro Collection

All of my stores say Not Sold. Not sure if it means not in stock yet or never going to carry it.
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #32
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

If anyone comes across a spare set and wouldn't mind picking up an extra one for shipping to me in Ottawa, let me know! I'm housebound thanks to COVID-19 and can't get to Walmarts! :/
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #33
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
If anyone comes across a spare set and wouldn't mind picking up an extra one for shipping to me in Ottawa, let me know! I'm housebound thanks to COVID-19 and can't get to Walmarts! :/
You know what, Yeah. Can someone help me too? Ship to British Columbia.

Right now, I don't trust Walmart. Mostly because of their Service.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #34
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
All of my stores say Not Sold. Not sure if it means not in stock yet or never going to carry it.
If you used stock tracker and it says that it means your store won’t carry it.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #35
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
If you used stock tracker and it says that it means your store won’t carry it.
^^^
This. The figures are arriving in those big cardboard island displays, I'm pretty sure that only select stores are getting them in. At least for the time being. A few stores show them "Out of Stock" though, so that might mean they are scheduled to get them but just not arrived yet. Keep an eye out.

Last night my local store showed 42 in stock, so 7 cases. I was going to head out that night but it just didn't work out. This morning, the stock read 37. My heart sank - somehow I just knew - and sure enough when I got there at noon, my suspicions were confirmed. Not a single Fett left in the display! But all other were still there in full quantity. Some opportunistic businessperson (ie. @#$% scalper) beat me to them. So I picked out the other 5 for myself, and thought "But the stock only went down by 5 this morning, maybe there was another somewhere... I'll check the toy aisle". And haha! There was a lone Fett hanging on a random peg in the Star Wars section that he missed! So thankfully got a full set (painfully pricey at $17.97 each), but really sucks for others in my area who will be missing a Fett from their set now.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #36
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
^^^
This. The figures are arriving in those big cardboard island displays, I'm pretty sure that only select stores are getting them in. At least for the time being. A few stores show them "Out of Stock" though, so that might mean they are scheduled to get them but just not arrived yet. Keep an eye out.

Last night my local store showed 42 in stock, so 7 cases. I was going to head out that night but it just didn't work out. This morning, the stock read 37. My heart sank - somehow I just knew - and sure enough when I got there at noon, my suspicions were confirmed. Not a single Fett left in the display! But all other were still there in full quantity. Some opportunistic businessperson (ie. @#$% scalper) beat me to them. So I picked out the other 5 for myself, and thought "But the stock only went down by 5 this morning, maybe there was another somewhere... I'll check the toy aisle". And haha! There was a lone Fett hanging on a random peg in the Star Wars section that he missed! So thankfully got a full set (painfully pricey at $17.97 each), but really sucks for others in my area who will be missing a Fett from their set now.
I always like how when someone doesn't find the figure they wanted it's always that mythical beast under the store shelves. Lol I mean it's all speculative at best what happened...

Glad to hear you found one though.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #37
fjjr
Super Friend

Thought this might be of interest to some people - Amazon.ca has the Vintage Collection Mandalorian Remnant Stormtrooper for pre-order. It gives an October 15th release date. Maybe they will actually get some in?
https://www.amazon.ca/Hasbro-SW-Vin-...&s=toys&sr=1-3

They also have the Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker for pre-order (This is the first time I've seen this or the Remnant Trooper for pre-order on the site).
https://www.amazon.ca/Vintage-Collec...&s=toys&sr=1-6

Also noticed that the Tatooine Skiff is on sale for $33, I haven't seen that on sale before. Some other Vintage Collection figures are in stock at the regular $17.99 price, figures such as Cara Dune, Clone Trooper, Wicket, etc.
fjjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #38
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I really hate Walmart Exclusives. I never got the ESB Retro Collection and I don't know if they are still available.

Link for Amazon Exclusive Holiday Mandalorian
Old 10-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #39
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

From what i understood WalMart had them as an exclusive first, but they're supposed to have a wider release sometime after that like the first wave did.

I know I havent seen any sign yet, but i'd love to get the wave or at least a Boba.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #40
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
From what i understood WalMart had them as an exclusive first, but they're supposed to have a wider release sometime after that like the first wave did.

I know I havent seen any sign yet, but i'd love to get the wave or at least a Boba.
Anyone read when they are supposed to be released elsewhere?