ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-27-2022, 10:28 PM   #5981
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
They already made the perfect spider carnage/ben reilly. So personally I dont need them to put out a new one... and I also have the classic carded ben reilly... but yea for the people who missed the absorbing man one im sure they could make a new one with a new body mould
I personally don't find that BAF absorbing man spider carnage works well as an animated version. Lots of details missing like the wild red symbiote lines going all across the blue. Would be awesome to have on a vintage card with the proper deco
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:00 PM   #5982
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I personally don't find that BAF absorbing man spider carnage works well as an animated version. Lots of details missing like the wild red symbiote lines going all across the blue. Would be awesome to have on a vintage card with the proper deco
Ah yes fair enough. A dedicated mold would be good... If hasbro is feeling nice.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:01 AM   #5983
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
MSRP for marvel legends is going nuts everywhere. AF15 spider is 43$. So times 2 and we get the price of the spinerette 2 pack

Stop being cheap!!!

Hasbro is giving you less, for more and you should be happy you are getting what you are getting.

Oh and make sure to thank Hasbro and say "Please sir, can I have some more?" Otherwise you aren't a true fan.

I saw the Iron Spider and FF Stealth Suit Spider-Man at a local Walmart the other day. I was mildly interested, but then I saw the price and let out a derisive snort. TRU pricing is not what I'm looking for at Walmart.

Those prices, combined with windowless boxes, is going to lead to a real #$$% show for swapping.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:44 AM   #5984
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Stop being cheap!!!

Hasbro is giving you less, for more and you should be happy you are getting what you are getting.

Oh and make sure to thank Hasbro and say "Please sir, can I have some more?" Otherwise you aren't a true fan.

I saw the Iron Spider and FF Stealth Suit Spider-Man at a local Walmart the other day. I was mildly interested, but then I saw the price and let out a derisive snort. TRU pricing is not what I'm looking for at Walmart.

Those prices, combined with windowless boxes, is going to lead to a real #$$% show for swapping.
And there have been lots of paint app issues with these blind boxes. I saw an amazing fantasy spidey that had some really bad paint and scratches right out of the box.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #5985
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Now down 697 units from a high of 6120

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:31 AM   #5986
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Jokes aside, the sad bit about that terrible price for the Spinerette 2 pack is that it is not really due to TRU being crazy. It's at a 6% markup from MSRP while for standard figures, TRU usually does closer to a 30% markup.

Not saying it's a good deal, it isn't. Just saying MSRP is catching up to the bonkers TRU prices. Like someone else said, we're gonna see those TRU prices at Walmart too now.

And by the way I have 0 idea why those AF15 spideys would be so much higher than any other ML figure. It is not a deluxe figure.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 09-28-2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:03 PM   #5987
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Robbie is back with a vengeance! The Ghost Rider 6-Inch figure will come with a human-form alternate head & sweatshirt hood accessory to covert into Robbie Reyes.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:18 PM   #5988
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

What a waste of an early bird slot jeez.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #5989
Napseeker
Dark Knight

When you're paying almost $600CAN, having Hasbro toss in a bonus head doesn't really make up for the ridiculous price. It should always have been a full figure.

I don't know that this compromise will win back those who've changed their minds already... I guess it depends on how desperate people are for a modern GR and Mephisto.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #5990
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

I still don't get how Mephisto couldn't be a stand alone figure. He would sell better than at least 30% of the figures they put on shelves. And if it's cause he's "the devil", you can always make him a web/pulse exclusive. This whole thing is wack