ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-20-2021, 07:36 AM   #101
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

Skystriker: 5,579 / 10,000 (+55)
Rancor: 4,900 / 9,000 (-235)
Proton Pack: 8,898 / 7,000 (+176)

So both the Skystriker and Proton Pack are up slightly from the current daily averages. I would put that on some people ditching the Rancor and going to one of the other Haslabs.

As for the Rancor........What can I say that hasn't already been said on multiple boards, by multiple people? It is turning into a royal disaster for Hasbro and the SW team. I don't know what, if anything, they will do to address this going forward.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 07:49 AM   #102
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Ghostbusters afterlife just released, so the proton pack has some hype going for it
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #103
philtastic
Master of the Universe

In the end, the only exclusive items in the stretch goals are a bag of bones and a cardboard cutout.

Gammorrean Guard? Widely available. Salacious Crumb? In the Jabba SDCC pack, and also available *right now* in the Galaxy's Edge creature pack (which you can order online, so you don't even have to go to Disney World). And yet another Luke Skywalker, that will be re-released in mainline packaging!

Good job Hasbro Star Wars team, you fucked it good. They should have just dropped a giant gate on its head and been done with it.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:28 AM   #104
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
In the end, the only exclusive items in the stretch goals are a bag of bones and a cardboard cutout.

Gammorrean Guard? Widely available. Salacious Crumb? In the Jabba SDCC pack, and also available *right now* in the Galaxy's Edge creature pack (which you can order online, so you don't even have to go to Disney World). And yet another Luke Skywalker, that will be re-released in mainline packaging!

Good job Hasbro Star Wars team, you fucked it good. They should have just dropped a giant gate on its head and been done with it.

You forgot to add in the exclusive cardbacks and coins!!!
Old 11-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #105
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I just checked, and since this morning's update the Rancor has lost another 16 backers.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #106
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
You forgot to add in the exclusive cardbacks and coins!!!
I don't count those. Especially the coins. I really don't get what those are even about.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #107
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The fact that I saw numerous people say that they could've 3d printed their own skulls and bones themselves tells you what kind of toy collecting world we live in now.

Hasbro has to REALLY impress fans if they want them to back any of their projects.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #108
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

That Rancor is not worth the $350 they want. Should be $250 at the most. It's almost like the Star Wars team wants to tank the entire line despite it dying already. Those tiers are pretty pathetic too.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #109
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPower View Post
Ghostbusters afterlife just released, so the proton pack has some hype going for it
saw it, surprisingly good. well worth the watch
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:50 AM   #110
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,596 / 10,000 (+17)
Rancor: 4,846 / 9,000 (-54)
Proton Pack: 9,139 / 7,000 (+241)

So the Proton Pack has reached the first tier!!! It just keeps chugging along. Hasbro seems to have a winner on their hands with this one. I wonder what this means for future GB Haslabs and possibly other brands role play items?

The Skystriker had another slower than usual day, but it is the weekend so I understand why. At least it is still adding backers.

The Rancor.........

The Rancor...............

Well, it is still there at least? It has lost 289 backers since my Friday morning update. The Fan First Friday did a good job of crystallizing a portion of the backers to say "no thanks". I don't know what they can, or will, do to course correct, but I know that losing backers 4 out of the last 7 days is not good. If the backer count goes down again today into tomorrow I have to think Hasbro will have to do something. I don't imagine they can fluff off a failed Haslab for one of their premiere properties.