ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 09-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #11
Shatterstar
Cobra Trooper
Re: GI Joe Classified Python Patrol Bat Released Canada

I have ordered from them twice and was never charged a duty or an import fee. Takes a bit to get to Canada but, as was said before, it is still cheaper than TRU.
Shatterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:09 PM   #12
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Nice. I'm going to England next year and shipping is only ?2.95 in the UK.

Time to talk with my wife's cousin about becoming a mule for me lol...i have enough NHL jerseys for him going that way. He can hold a few GI Joes etc for me
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:21 PM   #13
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I managed to get the Python Viper and TF Outback. Every single time, when they were in stock, I would do online pick up and every single time they would cancel it.

This was at two different TRU stores as one had Python Viper and the other had TF Outback. After about a week of them cancelling my Python Viper order, I went to the store. I guess they just put them out as there was a full case of Python Vipers.

Same with Outback. After they cancelled it for like 3 days straight, I went to the store and they must have just put it out as well as there was like 12 Outbacks.

I get the sense they are cancelling and not letting people order online for in-store pickup or maybe both times, I was just lucky and they didn't know where they were and I just happened to show up the day they found them and put them on shelf.

Still need the Python BAT though.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:27 PM   #14
wesperino
Mutant

Saw a couple retro gung ho at Walmart at eglinton and pharmacy this afternoon
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:32 PM   #15
athanato
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
I don't think they're going to be hard to find since they're (a) about $10-15 more than they should be; (b) they're repaints and less desirable versions; and (c) I think a lot of people (myself included) have given up on this line thanks to Hasbro's general mishandling of it.
I'm still paying $36 for figures on Amazon and EBGames.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:35 PM   #16
athanato
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I managed to get the Python Viper and TF Outback. Every single time, when they were in stock, I would do online pick up and every single time they would cancel it.

This was at two different TRU stores as one had Python Viper and the other had TF Outback. After about a week of them cancelling my Python Viper order, I went to the store. I guess they just put them out as there was a full case of Python Vipers.

Same with Outback. After they cancelled it for like 3 days straight, I went to the store and they must have just put it out as well as there was like 12 Outbacks.

I get the sense they are cancelling and not letting people order online for in-store pickup or maybe both times, I was just lucky and they didn't know where they were and I just happened to show up the day they found them and put them on shelf.

Still need the Python BAT though.
Just typical TRU disorganization, how they ever survived is a miracle.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #17
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

To be honest mgmt and what they call team leads are cancelling any or most pick up at store as they don’t want to deal with collectors. They are now categorizing a lot of figures under collectables rather than action figures.
They are tired of multiples, box condition, and selection. Example local TRU store had pp bats in stock. Ordered pick up at store gets cancelled, employee shows picture of 12 pcs or more in stock on FB in other action figure groups. Than taking orders on the group if ppl send him etransfer for him to pick up immediately.

Plus the No returns is a real thing on action figures at tru.

But that’s my experience lately.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642

Last edited by StarwarsTF; 10-09-2022 at 10:02 PM.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bats, patrol, python