ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #5401
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Man what's with him getting all these walmart exclusives. I LOVE IT!!

I was able to get imperial Crosshair, Infinity Saga Captain America and now Spider man.

Not to mention all the sales he has on Lightning collection figures, and rewards points. This is my go to online store when I can't get EBgames discount.
He's definitely one of the best Indy toy webshops in Canada right now. I don't buy from him often since there's not something I always want there but when I do order everything is smooth.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:53 AM   #5402
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Man what's with him getting all these walmart exclusives. I LOVE IT!!

I was able to get imperial Crosshair, Infinity Saga Captain America and now Spider man.

Not to mention all the sales he has on Lightning collection figures, and rewards points. This is my go to online store when I can't get EBgames discount.
Several of the indie online shops got it. I'm assuming Walmart either passed on a late shipmenr, or their exclusivity period ended, or both.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #5403
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yea but all their properties got multiple price hikes. That would mean all of their lines are performing not very well which would mean Hasbro is in deep water, and as it looks now with all the new product coming, they aren't.

Unrelated but is Walmart starting to stock Neca now? I saw a couple of Alien figures yesterday and they were decently priced, around $40.
I saw a NECA Grimlins figure at Wal Mart the other day. Perhaps Wal Mart Canada is getting some stuff.

I am not a Star Wars fan so I can't say for sure. But don't look like stock is moving fast.
Power Rangers line is doing terrible. Probably the worst within the collectibles line.
Marvel Legends aren't doing well either.

I think over all, and I could be wrong, just haven't noticed a lot of new stock from Hasbro. And that translate to toy lines not performing well.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #5404
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
He's definitely one of the best Indy toy webshops in Canada right now. I don't buy from him often since there's not something I always want there but when I do order everything is smooth.
He is on the ball. I started ordering from him regularly.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:17 PM   #5405
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I saw a NECA Grimlins figure at Wal Mart the other day. Perhaps Wal Mart Canada is getting some stuff.

I am not a Star Wars fan so I can't say for sure. But don't look like stock is moving fast.
Power Rangers line is doing terrible. Probably the worst within the collectibles line.
Marvel Legends aren't doing well either.

I think over all, and I could be wrong, just haven't noticed a lot of new stock from Hasbro. And that translate to toy lines not performing well.
Black Series is always either empty or peg warming at my local Walmarts, a couple of my Walmarts actually stopped carrying Lightning Collection as has my TRU. Marvel legends is the only line I see anything new at my Walmarts. Even Transformers is pretty dead around here.

You have to remember though. Canada is only a small percentage of Hasbro's profits. Just because their figures are doing terribly here doesn't mean they are down bad overall. As it is now with the current prices of Hasbro collector lines here, I can see Walmarts stop stocking them in store entirely except for the store exclusives. My TRU is already doing that with Lightning and Black Series. They only carry exclusives now. No main line. It sucks but this looks to be the reality unless something drastic happens to shift the landscape in Canadia.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #5406
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Isn't the whole point of exclusives to get a store to carry main line, too?
Old 05-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #5407
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Isn't the whole point of exclusives to get a store to carry main line, too?
Store exclusives are to create foot traffic in their stores.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:35 PM   #5408
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Store exclusives are to create foot traffic in their stores.
Yes, that's the incentive in wanting an exclusive for the store. But the other side of that equation is that they are also supposed to stock the main line. That's also why they can charge a higher price for the exclusive: to offset the cost of carrying the main line which may not sell as well.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #5409
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Yes, that's the incentive in wanting an exclusive for the store. But the other side of that equation is that they are also supposed to stock the main line. That's also why they can charge a higher price for the exclusive: to offset the cost of carrying the main line which may not sell as well.
Yeah, but some stores aren't even stocking main line anymore and the stores that do, it's mainly peg Warmer's or old product. I went to 2 Walmarts today, one wasnt stocking any Hasbro except some old studio series Transformers and the other had 2 pegs full of wave 9 PR LC figures and a whole peg full of Bo katans as well as a shelf full of vintage Cheetors.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:40 PM   #5410
CristianAngel
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
He is on the ball. I started ordering from him regularly.
I used to order from him, but lately the prices on his store has been increased more than the other places, 1 dollar or 2 its ok, but some figures could be 10 or even more above the regular price, so I had to stop ordering on his site, but he was pretty dope in the past
CristianAngel is online now   Reply With Quote