ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #31
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper
Re: Revoltech.

the Skeleton is availible right now on amiami, if your still looking. Another, didnt know amiami shipped on weekend. Ordered the skeleton last friday and it arrived on monday. Amiami is awesome.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Pud, if you still check this, have you managed to get the new iron man revoltech? How is it?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #33
pud333
Master of the Universe

I have three revoltechs on the way: the Mark II, Mr. Incredible, and Eva-04 Production model. I'll post here once I play with them. Probably won't get here until Friday or Monday.

Woah, been a while since I got anything besides Macross. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I have three revoltechs on the way: the Mark II, Mr. Incredible, and Eva-04 Production model. I'll post here once I play with them. Probably won't get here until Friday or Monday.

Woah, been a while since I got anything besides Macross. I'm looking forward to it!
Sounds good. I got Play arts Kai Batman and Figma...umm Figma - Miku Hatsune Append. First one, looks really cool.

Also, starting watching queen's blade (and no not for fun bags that pop all over the place lol) but for the story, I started reading about it, and got interested. Anyway, now Im trying to get some the revoltechs, only got two of them, completely sold out at amiami and HLJ. Anyway, the ones I have are pretty cool. Alleyne (green ver.) is the best one I have, mainly because shes a staff wielder, weakness from double bladed lightsabers lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #35
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Just got my tracking number from amiami for Arkham City Asylum Batman Play art figure!!!!! Man, revoltech seems to be slowing down on the good stuffs lately.

Last edited by Cpl. Chrissandwich; 02-16-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #36
pud333
Master of the Universe

So I opened my Mark II and it's just okay. No where near as shiny as the photos. The Tony Stark head is just so-so. The light is super bright and kind of cool. I'm not a huge IM fan, so take my comments with a grain of salt. If you're a big IM fan, and you feel like you need all the armours, then by all means get it, but I'd pass if I could do it over again.

Mr. Incredible is ridiculously small. Like, GI Joe small. Not worth the money.

Really getting bored of Revoltechs lately. Seems like they're skimping.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #37
Tkim87
Agent of Shield

Had noidea Mr. Incredible was already out, could you do a small review of him, Pudd?
Tkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #38
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkim87 View Post
Had noidea Mr. Incredible was already out, could you do a small review of him, Pudd?
Mini review coming up!

Despite what I said earlier, it really is a nice sculpt. I think it captures Mr. Incredible perfectly.

He comes with the little robot thing, which has some moderately posable arms.

The figure comes with an extra face, hands, and extra claws for the robot.

Articulation is pretty good. Like any Revoltech, the joints are a bit finicky, but once you get used to them, you can have some nice superhero poses. (Stand included). There are revo joints for the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, and chest. The head and neck are sculpted as one piece. It would have been nice to get an extra revoltech joint for the head.

The feet are tiny, so they're connected by a little tiny peg. I'm worried this is potentially an easy breaking point for the toy.

Speaking of breaking, one of the arms came off right out of the box. Be careful when manipulating the arms, or else you'll have this happen to you:

I can't tell if it was glued in or just pegged in. I assume glued in since the other legs joints don't seem to come off. So I'm just gonna crazy glue the joint back in.

My other problem is how small Mr. Incredible is. He harkens back to the original Revoltechs in terms of size.

He's cool and all, but for $24-$25 + shipping, I would recommend waiting for a discount, unless you are really into him.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #39
Tkim87
Agent of Shield

Thanks alot for the review man.
I was thinking of picking up a few of these pixar revoltechs (Mr. Incredible and Wall E) but they dont seem worth the money.. I think I'll have to hope for a sale to pick them up like you recommended.
Tkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
So I opened my Mark II and it's just okay. No where near as shiny as the photos. The Tony Stark head is just so-so. The light is super bright and kind of cool. I'm not a huge IM fan, so take my comments with a grain of salt. If you're a big IM fan, and you feel like you need all the armours, then by all means get it, but I'd pass if I could do it over again.

Mr. Incredible is ridiculously small. Like, GI Joe small. Not worth the money.

Really getting bored of Revoltechs lately. Seems like they're skimping.
I didnt plan on getting Mk II. But reading what you had to say, not getting it now. In terms of SCi FI, yeah revoltech seems to be losing points from me. The skeleton was the last one I got sci fi wise, and nothing has sparked my interest.

However, as I mentioned before the Queens blade one are pretty cool, all are unigue and different. Unlike some of the scifi stuff.