ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #4411
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
That Throne Room Fett is nice, but it?s another regular figure in a Deluxe Box. He?s got even less accessories than the last Fett for crying out loud. Hasbro needs to f*** off with their price gouging on top of their already inflated pricing. Super easy pass until it goes on sale.
Yeah, at $45+tax ($50!) I'm not even the least-bit tempted. I don't like the idea of him with a kama/skirt anyway and I know with absolute certainty that once people buy this version, Hasbro will release an even better one 2 years later with softgoods skirt AND a throne to sit on.

They love double and triple-dipping on collectors nowadays. It pays to just wait. Look at Deluxe RotJ Boba Fett, he eventually went down to $34+tax on Walmart.ca which is when I got mine.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #4412
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Does anyone have the SKU for this?
They used to list them on the product page, but not anymore I guess.

It's at the bottom of the description of you expand it
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #4413
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post

It's at the bottom of the description of you expand it
Ah, so it is, thanks!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #4414
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Yeah, at $45+tax ($50!) I'm not even the least-bit tempted. I don't like the idea of him with a kama/skirt anyway and I know with absolute certainty that once people buy this version, Hasbro will release an even better one 2 years later with softgoods skirt AND a throne to sit on.

They love double and triple-dipping on collectors nowadays. It pays to just wait. Look at Deluxe RotJ Boba Fett, he eventually went down to $34+tax on Walmart.ca which is when I got mine.
2 years later they'll release a new and better one? Lol try 6 months to a year.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #4415
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
2 years later they'll release a new and better one? Lol try 6 months to a year.
Before they release an improved version, they'll have to milk the exact same mold a bit more... with different packaging variations like on a Kenner card, maybe a 2-pack with Fennec Shand as a con exclusive, then a carbonized version... I think by then 2 years will have passed and that's when they'll give him a new hat, errr, a softgoods kama and a throne.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:53 PM   #4416
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

When I think about it now, EB Games has not been that much reliable for any of my Black Series preorders. I'm still waiting for preorder for Zero, Koska, Boss and Jet Trooper. Maybe it's best I look for a different store to preorder Boba fett. Looking for one that has a high possibility of them having in stock early.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #4417
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
When I think about it now, EB Games has not been that much reliable for any of my Black Series preorders. I'm still waiting for preorder for Zero, Koska, Boss and Jet Trooper. Maybe it's best I look for a different store to preorder Boba fett. Looking for one that has a high possibility of them having in stock early.
Most retailers are not reliable now days and don't seem to get things on time or get them late.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:10 PM   #4418
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Most retailers are not reliable now days and don't seem to get things on time or get them late.
Just hopefully. For instance, CMDstore shows March next year.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:10 PM   #4419
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

you nerds want your toys now, man?
then go to toy snowman.... man

you wanna secure a bib, boom, https://toysnowman.com/collections/p...rtuna-preorder

whats up doc?, bam, https://toysnowman.com/collections/p...vazan-preorder

a super special storm troopah repaint, so fresh, https://toysnowman.com/collections/p...r-jedha-patrol

old man booba with his bath robe and walking stick, https://toysnowman.com/collections/p...ba-fett-tython

still old man booba, did you know Bo Katan is suppose to be older than Boba by like 10 years, but he cleaned up and is wearing a skirt, https://toysnowman.com/collections/p...tt-throne-room

just wait till old man booba in a chair show releases, so many repaints and minor tweaks to be released, youll love it.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:48 PM   #4420
wedge1021
Mutant

Just another example of how much Amazon sucks...

I recently tried to order the Credit Collection Kuiil. It supposedly shipped, then delivery date kept getting pushed back. Finally they decided it must be lost and I had to contact them for a refund. OK fine, I guess that happens from time to time. And it worked out for the better anyways, because I happened to be able to catch it on sale last week for my 2nd try, saving $10.

So this 2nd time I tried ordering it with 8 other items. 7 of those things arrived today, all loose in a single box (no air bags, etc). The other 2 things supposedly shipped separately and then were "undeliverable" and Amazon just decided to refund them automatically. These 2 items were Kuill and a Bounty Collection 2pk. (Both items coincidentally come in Hasbro shippers). I contacted them to see what happened, they just told me to re-order. Except I bought them on sale, and now they're back at regular price. They said to wait until the re-order gets delivered and then contact them to do a price adjustment as a "one-time exception". Like it's somehow my fault that their company and courier service sucks.

I know this same thing happened to a couple others when they tried ordering the Credit Collection Mando. Took 3+ orders just to get one to actually arrive. Is someone stealing these things? Are they obvious to pick out because of their Hasbro shippers? Or something about them that makes them extra susceptible to getting lost/damaged? Is Amazon printing their shipping labels on that Inspector Gadget style "this message will self-destruct" paper?

wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote