ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-20-2023, 01:16 PM   #2771
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Do you want my Green Ranger? I'm going to put him up for sale as I pre-ordered the new red and green and don't need my original one.
Yeah I mean depending on how much? I do really want that green ranger with the classic all green helmet.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:49 PM   #2772
erik352
Cylon Centurion

yeah same! I dont think I wanna upgrade my existing MMPR team. The only thing tempted for me is correct red ranger helmet, and of course the really nice kimberly head...but I'll probably try to get these when they are marked down

Crazy how new Rita is so expensive! Still she is probably the only one I wanna get when she comes out. The new face is so much superior to the 2 pack!
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #2773
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Everyone complaining about the red Ranger and it's the first one that sold out for home delivery.

Got all three pre orderd and can't wait to have the entire team in the painless joints.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #2774
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

The only thing I am still debating is if I want two of the ones that had two actors.

I don't know if I want a second Red, Black, Yellow and Pink Ranger for the other actor.

For the Yellow Ranger, I used the original Trini head cause the hair from the remastered one is very shiny and just doesn't look right.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:07 PM   #2775
Ksteel
Mutant

After seeing the MMPR 30th 'Special' on Netflix, I agree with this review; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRJQKeXrXE

MMPR is a relic better left in the past, it was corny then, but incredibly corny by today's standards.

Objectively, I can't justify paying near $60 each for these MMPR Re-releases, the OG releases were much cheaper and good enough for what this show is.

Also, those Ninja Ranger figures are being 'clearanced' out at TRU for 2019 prices, if anyone wants them;

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:03 PM   #2776
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I have to ask Ksteel. What exactly makes something worth the price tag to you? And what season would you rather them do instead? It just seems like you aren't happy with anything they do with this line anymore nor are you ever accepting of any price point that isnt pre 2020.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-20-2023 at 10:06 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:19 PM   #2777
Ksteel
Mutant

Figures in the $20-30 range might be worth the price, assuming that they are characters I care about.

At this point, I already have 60+ Lightning figures, so I'm good unless they offer anything spectacular.

Pre-2020 pricing is still out there for certain items in certain places.

For example, Walmart has all of Wave 13 in stores for $19 each.

'Playtime Toys' has an overstock of Phantom, DT Green and Pink, Zeo Yellow, and iS Pink for $19 each.

Paying $50 plus tax for re-released MMPR figures with minimal differences just seems a little excessive.

Just the same, it's possible they'll be clearanced out someday as well.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:03 AM   #2778
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Pirantis head on amazon US for $15. After shipping it comes out to $33 maple dollars.Really good deal. Dino fury red also only $11.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-21-2023 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:48 AM   #2779
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

For me, I hate the new prices, but it is what it is. I'm just more selective in what I buy. For example, the new norm is $36 so for the latest wave, I'm only getting the Lightspeed and RPM ranger. I'm going to skip Turbo completely.

This has to do with me wanting the remastered MMPR figures and at $50 each, I had to cut back somewhere. If those were $36 instead of $50, I probably would have gotten Rita as well.

Basically, for the higher priced stuff, the 3 MMPR comes to $150 and that basically means one less figure cause it's about $40 more than if they were at the normal current $36 price, so I don't get Rita, whereas in the past, or at the $36, I get Rita as well.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:55 PM   #2780
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

The only reason I'm not minding the remasters prices is cause I sold my old MMPR team in preparation for this before they were announced I made enough off them to fund the entire team of new ones and then some. As for the regular wave figures I just buy the ones that have priority and wait for sale with the rest.