ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-02-2022, 10:21 AM   #531
Mudflap
Clonetrooper
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
If that price increase is retroactive to their existing pegwarmers like Evil-Lyn and Fisto, then those figures are never going to get off the pegs to clear the way for any new waves.
I remember being so excited when Walmart had a display and everything for that wave. I thought it was a sign that going forward the line would be well stocked and figures easy to get. Wow was I ever wrong. That was like a year ago and they're still clogging the pegs. Part of the issue too is that the wave kept getting restocked and restocked for some reason.

You'd think Gamestop would have been an alternative but they stocked that same damn wave and I think it scared them off. I say this because a few months ago the manager at my local Gamestop told me he didn't think they'd be carrying them anymore due to poor sales.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #532
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Looks like Walmart has raised MOTU prices. Origins are 23, Masterverse and Deluxe Origins are 35. TRU seems to have the Deluxe Masterverse at 50, but King Grayskull at 60 for some inexplicable reason. These price increases are no fun.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #533
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I went to my local Walmart yesterday and the only Origins stuff they had was one grey Stratos (which is strange because they didn't have any figures from that wave last year) and a number of Ram-Mans and Clamp-Champs. It's like they're trying to kill this line in Canada.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:58 PM   #534
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
I went to my local Walmart yesterday and the only Origins stuff they had was one grey Stratos (which is strange because they didn't have any figures from that wave last year) and a number of Ram-Mans and Clamp-Champs. It's like they're trying to kill this line in Canada.
Yeah they really don't seem to stock these figures any place I go now Major retail store wise, seems like they had a bunch of pegwarming product and thought why bother, best place right now to find a nice ample stock of MOTU Origins not online is the Outrun physical location they have a nice bunch of stuff.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:46 AM   #535
Murf Dawg
Super Friend

Was just checking Amazon.ca and they have two pretty big sales. Origins Wind Raider 60% off going for $17.98 and origins Land Shark 49%off going for $22.85. I was hoping for the Sky Sled so I could get another Adam but still expensive, $37.99.
Murf Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #536
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf Dawg View Post
Was just checking Amazon.ca and they have two pretty big sales. Origins Wind Raider 60% off going for $17.98 and origins Land Shark 49%off going for $22.85. I was hoping for the Sky Sled so I could get another Adam but still expensive, $37.99.
If you can find em at Gamestop they're both $11 approx each.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:13 AM   #537
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf Dawg View Post

Barrhaven Walmart still has about 4 Sky Sleds on the shelf for $19 clearance.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:40 PM   #538
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I was at a local Walmart here in NB today and was shocked to see wave 8 newly stocked. Unfortunately at the new price though. They had two each of Clawful, Horde Trooper, Anti Eternia He-Man and Sun Man.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:35 AM   #539
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I was at a local Walmart here in NB today and was shocked to see wave 8 newly stocked. Unfortunately at the new price though. They had two each of Clawful, Horde Trooper, Anti Eternia He-Man and Sun Man.

Yeah saw some of that wave at a local Walmart yesterday as well, at the new price point.

What is funny (not haha) was that perwarming wave of WWE MOTU with Stephanie, Goldburg, Kane, Ultimate Warrior was on "clearance" for $14 which is basically what the price was before they raised it a few months ago. Gotta love the big retailer "algorithms" that lead to these type of situations.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #540
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

I was at another Walmart today and they had the wave 8 figures for $14.97. If you have multiple Walmart stores in your area it may be worth checking Stocktrack in case some stores haven't updated the pricing yet.