ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Re: HTS SDCC Exclusives

I wanted both Jinx and Bruticus and constantly checked since Monday for the online to happen. I missed it completely.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Yeah but then won't buying it off ebay merely be... 1020x more expensive? I shudder to even go look on ebay right now for what red Jinx is going for.
Wait. The Sarges and Zaranas were easier to get at a not so crazy price months later. With what HTS charges in shipping, it didn't amount to that much more. It all depends. Buy too early, you pay the post-SDCC frenzy prices. Buy too late when there is very little stock and you pay high prices again. There's usually a lull where there is overstock and not as much demand where you could pull off some deals.

Personally, I'm not even bothering to look at eBay for at least a month.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The sad part is I would like to get the SHIELD Helicarrier, but they don't ship to Canada (and of course it would be ridiculously expensive anyway).
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
ambasah
Cobra Trooper

for those with friends in the States (or there are businesses near the border who will let you use their address and hold onto shipments for you for a small fee) you can have an alternate shipping address on your account to avoid some of the ridiculous fees.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Unfortunately not everyone (as in me) has such a luxury... I've asked one US friend in the past to receive items for me, but I think there's a certain point when you know you're just pestering them too much...

Just wish whoever manages the GI Joe brand these past few years gets fired and replaced with someone who understands not to gouge Joe collectors through niche sales channels like "collector clubs" or con exclusives. The higher and higher prices I pay for toys, lousy plastic toys, the closer and closer I get to just quitting this insane hobby altogether.

Those Hasbro Joe managers just are clueless, totally clueless.

@pud333: I wish I could tell what's reasonable and what's not. I caved in and bought pink Zaranna for $45 total (includes shipping) after seeing her going for $65-$80 on evilbay. After that, $45, which seemed ridiculous at first when she debuted, seemed "cheap". What would a $15 figure cost after it is shipped by HTS to Canada anyway? To this day, I don't even know how badly scammed I was by paying $45, only that I'm never paying that much for one figure again.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The sad part is I would like to get the SHIELD Helicarrier, but they don't ship to Canada (and of course it would be ridiculously expensive anyway).
They ship to Canada. It's like $50 though for the Helicarrier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
@pud333: I wish I could tell what's reasonable and what's not. I caved in and bought pink Zaranna for $45 total (includes shipping) after seeing her going for $65-$80 on evilbay. After that, $45, which seemed ridiculous at first when she debuted, seemed "cheap". What would a $15 figure cost after it is shipped by HTS to Canada anyway? To this day, I don't even know how badly scammed I was by paying $45, only that I'm never paying that much for one figure again.
If you order a single GI Joe from HTS, it's like $31 to ship. If you order like five GI Joes, it's still like $31. I think $31 is the base shipping price and it just goes up from there. So if you paid $45 shipped, that's a good price, IMO.

The thing about SDCC toys, especially the really exclusive, low quantity toys, is there really is no defined fair or reasonable price. It's what the market dictates, and what you personally feel the toy is worth. I want Jinx, but I'm not paying more than $50 shipped for one. If I don't get one, then whatever, I'm already over it, you know?

Edit: Actually scratch that. These days I am feeling very poor, so I wouldn't pay that for a Jinx.

Last edited by pud333; 07-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Jeez, I didn't know that. Well I guess if I had somehow miraculously gotten both of the Jinxes I wanted it'd still have worked out to ~$15 shipping per figure to ship then, or basically $30/figure. Nice scam HTS...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote