ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #11
iammingy
Clonetrooper
Re: New DC figures at Walmart!

Wait for these to go on clearance!
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #12
Webs
Man of Spiders

So are these walmart exclusives then? And has there been any sightings in Edmonton yet?
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #13
4lott
Master of the Universe

Btw, is there any significance to the price? $22.51 seems a bit odd, the .51 part I mean.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #14
cloud
Master of the Universe

I've been pretty upset with Mattel for the last 2 days.
I have a lot of toys bought that I havent gotten a chance to open and finally did so this week.
I opened a set of Space Venom series Marvel Legends first and then opened my set of New 52 Doomsday from Mattel.
Sadly Hasbro beats Mattel is every single way. The articulation on the DC figures is a joke. I was having fun posing all the Marvel Legends and when i got to the DC figures I started laughing at how pathetic they are especially Robin. Now I'm a DC guy and I relate to the DC characters more than Marvel but the figures are just so bad. I can't complete the Doomsday build a figure because whatever plastic Mattel uses is cheap, feels light and during production , something must went wrong with the mold so the alignment was wrong with the shoulder joint. It's stuck and the joint seams are hard to see. Has to use a exacto knife to free the joint. It's not like they paint the body tone of the figures. THe joint is stuck because of the production not paint........ Just really disappointing.

And to see them coming out with "new" figures that are basically rereleases of existing figures with no new thought is embarrassing. Considering their action figures so 10 years behind other companies. I can't even say they are competitors because Mattel is no longer in league with Hasbro or NECA....

Sorry for the rant but I thought some of you guys might understand the frustration.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:09 AM   #15
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I've been pretty upset with Mattel for the last 2 days.
I have a lot of toys bought that I havent gotten a chance to open and finally did so this week.
I opened a set of Space Venom series Marvel Legends first and then opened my set of New 52 Doomsday from Mattel.
Sadly Hasbro beats Mattel is every single way. The articulation on the DC figures is a joke. I was having fun posing all the Marvel Legends and when i got to the DC figures I started laughing at how pathetic they are especially Robin. Now I'm a DC guy and I relate to the DC characters more than Marvel but the figures are just so bad. I can't complete the Doomsday build a figure because whatever plastic Mattel uses is cheap, feels light and during production , something must went wrong with the mold so the alignment was wrong with the shoulder joint. It's stuck and the joint seams are hard to see. Has to use a exacto knife to free the joint. It's not like they paint the body tone of the figures. THe joint is stuck because of the production not paint........ Just really disappointing.

And to see them coming out with "new" figures that are basically rereleases of existing figures with no new thought is embarrassing. Considering their action figures so 10 years behind other companies. I can't even say they are competitors because Mattel is no longer in league with Hasbro or NECA....

Sorry for the rant but I thought some of you guys might understand the frustration.

I think your frustrations are completely valid. Mattel's DCU figures were good in their time, but the figures pale in comparison to Hasbro's Marvel or Star Wars Black Series.

However, if you are not vexed by scale the DC Icons line is really quite nice.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote