ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #1311
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Ontario Marvel Universe Toy Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Pre-orders for Sdcc announced sets are available at EBgames, my gf got all of them for me, no deposit needed.

Emma frost requires 5 dollar deposit.
Other than Emma, which sets are you referring to ?
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #1312
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Pre-orders for Sdcc announced sets are available at EBgames, my gf got all of them for me, no deposit needed.

Emma frost requires 5 dollar deposit.
What do they have for Pre-orders? If they have some good stuff I'm heading there to put down some money! Thanks for the update and please tell us what they have.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #1313
Mitchbb
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Other than Emma, which sets are you referring to ?
Deadpool / Hit Monkey - 747777 - $59.99
Deathlok - 747774 - $29.99
Deluxe Giant Man - 747776 - $39.99
Havok / Polaris - 747756 - $59.99
Jean / Cyclops / Wolverine - 747755 - $89.99
Marvel Legends "Variant" (Likely Punisher)- 747770 - $29.99
Mitchbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #1314
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchbb View Post
Deadpool / Hit Monkey - 747777 - $59.99
Deathlok - 747774 - $29.99
Deluxe Giant Man - 747776 - $39.99
Havok / Polaris - 747756 - $59.99
Jean / Cyclops / Wolverine - 747755 - $89.99
Marvel Legends "Variant" (Likely Punisher)- 747770 - $29.99
Thank you very much !
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:38 PM   #1315
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
What is EB Games charging for the 3 pack?

Hopefully it goes online soon. So much easier for me than picking up in store, even with missing out on the discount (I only have a gold membership)
You should reeeeaaallllly look into picking up a Platinum Card with them. It’s normally $15, but they have promotions quite often to either grab it half price or get it free if you trade in games. Last year was the first year I had mine, and with what I purchase in Marvel Legends, Transformers, and Star Wars Figures I saved over $200. Plus when you preorder items you get bonus points, so between that and what I bought I had enough points in the 12 months that my card renewed itself this year at no cost. I find it easier to grab the stuff I collect from them knowing I’ll get the 10% off than hoping to find it on sale at TRU. Plus you can preorder just about anything with them, albeit it’s a pain for full waves if you only want a few figures since every figure per wave has the same SKU.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:05 AM   #1316
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
You should reeeeaaallllly look into picking up a Platinum Card with them. It’s normally $15, but they have promotions quite often to either grab it half price or get it free if you trade in games. Last year was the first year I had mine, and with what I purchase in Marvel Legends, Transformers, and Star Wars Figures I saved over $200. Plus when you preorder items you get bonus points, so between that and what I bought I had enough points in the 12 months that my card renewed itself this year at no cost. I find it easier to grab the stuff I collect from them knowing I’ll get the 10% off than hoping to find it on sale at TRU. Plus you can preorder just about anything with them, albeit it’s a pain for full waves if you only want a few figures since every figure per wave has the same SKU.
Same here got it last year and the card pays for itself with every used game or toy purchase. The 10% off helps and pre-ordering is a breeze. I hope I collected enough points for it to renew itself because lots of Exclusives are usually found at EB!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:20 AM   #1317
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Thanks for the tip guys. One question though, the preordering.... do you have to do it in store and put $5 down? If so, that’s what has been keeping me from getting the platinum. Over an hour drive round trip to either of the nearest EB Games made me think I wouldn’t go there enough. The little store in Carleton Place is actually the closest one for me and the one time I preordered there it was for Mystique, and they said if it wasn’t on the website I couldn’t call in and pay the $5 over the phone, but would have to do it in person again.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #1318
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Thanks for the tip guys. One question though, the preordering.... do you have to do it in store and put $5 down? If so, that’s what has been keeping me from getting the platinum. Over an hour drive round trip to either of the nearest EB Games made me think I wouldn’t go there enough. The little store in Carleton Place is actually the closest one for me and the one time I preordered there it was for Mystique, and they said if it wasn’t on the website I couldn’t call in and pay the $5 over the phone, but would have to do it in person again.
It’s seems to be one of those ‘your mileage may vary’ situations. Some things need a $5 deposit, some don’t. And there doesn’t seem to be any strict reasoning behind it. I just preordered Transformers Siege Ratchet, a $30 toy, and it required $5 down, but in the same go I preordered that X-Men 3 pack, a $90 set, and there was no charge.

As for online, I honestly don’t know. I tend to do everything in store but I have 2 within 30 minutes of me. I know for some insane reason you can’t get the discount applied to things you buy online; you have to literally go into a store afterwards and get them to refund the difference. That’s a stupid flaw that hopefully gets taken care of soon.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #1319
Rj64
Agent of Shield

You can preorder online and have it shipped to store and when you preorder online you pay the $5 deposit so you don't have to go to the store until it's in. I get it shipped to store because as others have said the discount doesn't work but in store they give you it.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #1320
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
You can preorder online and have it shipped to store and when you preorder online you pay the $5 deposit so you don't have to go to the store until it's in. I get it shipped to store because as others have said the discount doesn't work but in store they give you it.
My EB stores will give me the discount on stuff I have shipped to my home. Just take in the receipt/invoice that's in the box and they should be able to credit your credit card or put the discount on a gift card if you use PayPal.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote