ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 08-27-2019, 12:33 AM   #11
abemecca
Cobra Trooper
Re: NECA retro Ninja Turtle 2-Packs released in Canada

I pre ordered on the web site and got them about 2 weeks ago
abemecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:09 AM   #12
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Our stock should be here within the next week or so for anybody who ordered through us.
Sweeeeet
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #13
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
I should be able to preorder a product and get it. I shouldn’t need a bunch of back ups to ensure I get them and then deal with cancelling them all after or returning them. Especially when it’s the same retailer we are talking about. I shouldn’t need to preorder at both EBs in town and online to make sure I get an item. That’s utterly embarrassing for EB and NECA.

It’s a failure of a launch. If there’s no product it’s a failure. Doesn’t matter how you want to paint it. Little to no product for the first NECA Turtle launch in Canada.
If it makes you feel any better I pre ordered online and they fulfilled 1/4. At first I was pissed but now I see it as a blessing in disguise...didnt need a $300 credit card invoice.

Not trying to defend the likes of EB but Neca probably under estimated demands. They are also the company that manufactured the OG comic turtle figures on a hand shake deal, and were basically issued a CAD from playmates for infringing on their licensing deal. And before anyone says anything, I know neca has come a long way since those days but common man lol.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #14
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

None of my 4 sets have come in. And neither store in town got any at all. They have a bunch of customers like me wanting answers. What a mess.

Thanks so much NECA on your first Turtles release in Canada.

Embarrassing.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
None of my 4 sets have come in. And neither store in town got any at all. They have a bunch of customers like me wanting answers. What a mess.

Thanks so much NECA on your first Turtles release in Canada.

Embarrassing.
I understand the disappointment, but it is what it is. The answer people will get from EB games will be "we thank you for your inquiry, but regretfully we did not receive enough stock to fulfill the number of pre orders that we had received on these items. If we do receive further shipments we will do our best to make it right and fulfill existing orders."

The answer from Neca will boil down to "we only had a limited supply for distribution, now excuse me as I have rocket firing boba fett to attend to". It sucks, I know and can relate but at the end of the day EB isnt in a binding contract with their customers regarding pre orders and will refund you the $5 you put down (if it was even required). If you paid in full I could understand being irate, but outside of that there isnt much that can be done other than hope they restock.

You probably wont find a bigger TMNT fan than myself but I really dont see this as the end of the world. I got 1 of 4 sets and have accepted that I probably wont get the other 3 and it's fine. At this point getting none would be better for my psyche as I will always see Mikey and want the other 3, but I won't run to ebay and over pay. If I get them cool, if not I have an extra 200 bucks in the bank.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 08-29-2019 at 02:17 PM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:46 PM   #16
Rj64
Agent of Shield

I hope this doesn't happen with the movie ones coming out next month and they get enough stock as well as the future neca turtles we saw at sdcc 2019.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #17
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

It’s not fine. This was NECAs first TMNT launch in Canada and it should have been them working even harder to ensure a good first impression with fans in Canada.

This is a disaster.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #18
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
It’s not fine. This was NECAs first TMNT launch in Canada and it should have been them working even harder to ensure a good first impression with fans in Canada.

This is a disaster.
I dunno I still get it from their (NECA) perspective you can't flood the market with product you don't know how it will sell. I'm sure moving forward distribution will improve.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 PM   #19
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
I hope this doesn't happen with the movie ones coming out next month and they get enough stock as well as the future neca turtles we saw at sdcc 2019.
I hope not because I have waited for these from when NECA announced them till now!

Quote:

This is a disaster.
I strongly agree with you because I wanted this first release to be smooth and easy not a nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I dunno I still get it from their (NECA) perspective you can't flood the market with product you don't know how it will sell. I'm sure moving forward distribution will improve.
Well that is one way to look at it but it surely doesn't hurt to stock up some EB Games Store or little comic book stores with stock. There are TMNT collectors out there, "If you build it THEY WILL COME!" In other words "give me my FREAKING Turtles"!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #20
riderman
Master of the Universe

Great news I finally got the call to pick up my TMNT 2PKS. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow

Sadly Silver Snail and Planet X and Hero World are sold out so fast. Worst is they ONLY took Pre-orders not walk ins!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote