ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
McFarlane Sports NHL 31 Released in Canada

Thanks to a report from AFN member Jay55 we now know that McFarlane Sports NHL 31 has been released at Canadian Retail. As well he mentions that McFarlane Sports NFL wave 29 has also been released. The NHL wave inlcudes Wayne Gretzky, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Phil Kessel, Andrew Ladd, Carey Price and Zdeno Chara.

The sightings were made at a Walmart in British Columbia.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladd.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	6059  

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-10-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: McFarlane Sports NHL 31 Released in Canada

I'll probably pick up at least two more Andrew Ladd's(one of each jersey) before this is all said and done.

Got the regular white jersey a couple weeks back.

And keeping my fingers crossed that there is no work stoppage.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Jay55
Red Shirt

My local Wal-Mart had 2 cases. A local scalper got the CL's which turned out to be 2 Carey Price CL's and took them to ebay.

Walmart also is carrying NFL 29. Tony Romo CL and Ken Stabler CL are being found in their cases.

NHL 31 has just started to show up at London Drugs and so far Phil Kessel is the only CL that is being found in their cases.

Toys R Us will be carrying this series and NFL 29. Last I heard their Main Warehouse had not yet received NHL 31 and NFL 29.
Jay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Robimus
Super Moderator

Hunting chase figures has always been the most unenjoyable part of collecting McFarlane sports stuff to me.

The entire system is built for scaplers and thats the fault of McFaralne sports imo.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
Jay55
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Hunting chase figures has always been the most unenjoyable part of collecting McFarlane sports stuff to me.

The entire system is built for scaplers and thats the fault of McFaralne sports imo.
I've found ever since going to the Collector Levels it's increased the number of scalpers nowadays, including people who used to be collectors have now turned into scalpers themselves. Back in the days of just chases, you had scalpers but they weren't in the numbers they are today. All anyone wanting to profit has to do is look on the back of the package which says what to look for and then look at the # on base. Around here majority only care about profiting and couldn't carealess about collecting. It's become a cut throat business.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #6
Jay55
Red Shirt

Checked all 4 London Drugs here. 2 LD's were missing CL and 1 other fig. The other 2 LD's had a Phil Kessel CL on the shelf. Left both.

Stopped by TRU and they had NFL 29. 4 figs on the pegs.

Same local scalper found a third Price CL, which is listed on ebay. Must have found it at WM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Robimus
Super Moderator

Before the days of the 24 hour Walmarts I used to swing by the stores right when they opened. I had limited success scoring the chase figures, got maybe two over the years - but it was always a funny experience.

A couple local Flea Market dealers would run to the toy department, I mean legitimately run, to try and beat each other there.

I found it amusing more than frustrating

Not the best pick but here is the collection my father and I have going from a couple years back:

Old 09-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
mwcm10
Red Shirt

Man you should try living in alberta they barely have any collector levels set on the shelfs(i think the owners must snatch them all up before they can even be displayed).The only store you can get them at is a collectors store which over prices any CL's they see and they have there store all cluttered and dont care if stuff is damaged it really kinda sucks.
mwcm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
Robimus
Super Moderator

What is your guys favorite Sportspick figures?

Mine is the first Winnipeg Jets Selanne one. I gotta admit I love the Don Cherry ones as well.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
Jay55
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcm10 View Post
Man you should try living in alberta they barely have any collector levels set on the shelfs(i think the owners must snatch them all up before they can even be displayed).The only store you can get them at is a collectors store which over prices any CL's they see and they have there store all cluttered and dont care if stuff is damaged it really kinda sucks.
Actually, I remember hearing stories years ago back when it was just chases, of hobby store owners taking all the chases, putting them in a shopping cart at retail, taking them back to their store and obviously marking them up. I'm sure in some places it still happens. I know with CL's there are some employees on the take.

Another story that comes to mind is where a scalper somehow got hold of a Wal-Mart Smock and actually went into the back and came out with several chases.

Tags
ladd, price