ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #1501
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
This is where I'm heading. It's not the hunt/chase that stresses me out, its the money. There is far too much stuff being released and it seems like it's all coming at once. It's an avalanche of action figures and its getting to the point of being buried. It's just wave after wave after wave. I've honestly stopped coming on here mainly due to wanting to avoid news of waves being released or new exclusives. While it's nice to get so many figures released it's also a curse. I'm about ready to hang up my collecting hat once the new Jean Grey and new Vulture release at which point i will merely pick and choose the odd figure to buy.
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm starting to just focus on certain lines and am getting rid of everything else. I'm losing interest in Marvel Legends, so I'm getting rid of most of them and I've completely given up on DC (like how many Batman's do I really need, lol). Even for Transformers, I'm going to get rid of most of my CHUG figures and concentrate more on MP, 3P, and Seige (Seige might eventually go out the door too). Figuarts is something that I still really want to collect, mainly because they don't overwhelm you with releases.

But, still, with rising costs, too many releases at once, and poor distribution, this hobby takes up way too many resources
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #1502
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

I always have a bit of a hard time to get into that mentality. I collect a lot of figures for sure, but I definitely don’t go all in on all the waves to be a completionist (of course, this is coming from a guy who’ll buy a whole wave still for a BAF he wants and is then stuck with a lame ass figure like Night Thrasher :P).
Is this something that you guys do? If it’s becoming a bit overwhelming (and of course, they are putting out A LOT of stuff), would it be possible to scale down what you collect?
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #1503
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Agree with Sharkdog. I feel overwhelmed quite a bit, especially this year, but for me scaling back seems better than trying to quit. I do enjoy collecting probably far more than I should, lol (checking my phone today every 10 minutes tracking my Amazon delivery for Star Wars Black Series Palpatine), but like any drug addiction (and yeah, let’s be honest, for many of us this is an addiction) it just needs to be kept in check. Every time I start to salivate over a new wave I ask myself if I neeeeeeed the figures. Then I ask myself the same question multiple times before they come out. Often the ‘hell yes’ answer changes to ‘maybe’ to ‘I can pass’. Trying to stay focused on only the ones I really really really neeeeeeed has probably saved me a thousand bucks just this year.

Of course it’s also stuck me with a zombie army of half completed BAF monstrosities, lol.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #1504
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Talking Re: Marvel Legends discussion

It's a vicious circle. I dont collect movie figures but then I find myself buying an entire wave for the 2 or 3 comic figures because you have YouTube toy influencers that talk up everything and get the hype train in over drive making it near impossible sometimes to get the 1 or 2 figures...so you order em all lol. As mentioned a killer BAF makes you do the same thing. Hasbro is dropping waves at what feels like at least 2 to 3 a month then hit you over the head with exclusives a d 2 packs.

It does become an addiction, and dont get me wrong I'm never going to miss a mortgage payment to get figures but damn its becoming overwhelming at times. I'm starting to look at my collection as clutter and not a wow factor like a finely crafted movie prop or something of that calibre. Actually going home tonight and purging lol. Anyone looking for the sdcc x force box set?
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #1505
Mitchbb
Clonetrooper

I was able to get an order placed for Grey Hulk off Amazon USA today. ETA November 4, 2019 and is listed at $34.99 USD shipped and sold by Amazon so probably $49.99 in Canada.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5B8F22FA-D904-4047-AEC0-52D2D6E9BD54.jpg (9.1 KB, 24 views)
Mitchbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #1506
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchbb View Post
I was able to get an order placed for Grey Hulk off Amazon USA today. ETA November 4, 2019 and is listed at $34.99 USD shipped and sold by Amazon so probably $49.99 in Canada.
Is there a link or is it gone?
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #1507
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Sixshot: looking at other websites and based on the posters reactions, it looks like Grey Hulk was only up on Amazon.com for a short while before being pulled.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #1508
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Sixshot: looking at other websites and based on the posters reactions, it looks like Grey Hulk was only up on Amazon.com for a short while before being pulled.
Sounds good thanks for the update!
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #1509
Mitchbb
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Nothing got pulled. It’s still showing on my Wish list as available for preorder. I’ll get a link once I’m at my computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E96618FF-3F52-4B1D-850A-329163DFB9E0.jpg (6.3 KB, 18 views)
Mitchbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #1510
Mastaice
Cobra Trooper
Re: Ontario Marvel Universe Toy Sightings

Amazon.ca wendigo up
Mastaice is offline   Reply With Quote