ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-19-2022, 10:14 PM   #5781
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
More stuff coming out, got a shipping notice today for Spider-Man & Spinneret 2 pack.
I found one on shelf today at my local Gamestop.
I gotta say, these new boxes look and feel terrible. The whole package feels light and cheap. Glad I do not collect my figures MIB.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #5782
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Ghost Rider:

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...es-ghost-rider
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #5783
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
Thanks dude!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:32 PM   #5784
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I found one on shelf today at my local Gamestop.
I gotta say, these new boxes look and feel terrible. The whole package feels light and cheap. Glad I do not collect my figures MIB.
That's because it's more environmental friendly. I would image lighter cardboard and no plastic reduces the weight.
I personally feel like the design needs to be reworked and shouldn't be based on the old window box packaging.
Instead used this opportunity feature the artist art work more prominently in the front and center. And have the figure photo on the sides.

Or if this is a marketing thing that needs to feature the toy photo at the front. Just make the box rectangular and flip the back toy photo to the front and move the artwork to the back. It will look great!
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:34 PM   #5785
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
It says releasing in March 2023?
Hasbro is getting embarrassing. I don't know what's going on. And Mcfarlane Toys is beating them in a lot of aspects as a smaller independent company....

My prediction is Marvel, Star Trek, GI Joe and Power Rangers collector lines are going to suffer.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:31 PM   #5786
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Surprised that the Ghost Rider sold out on Gamestop considering the lacklustre response. I needed a Ghost Rider because I missed out on the Riders wave due to not collecting at the time (and considering either a model kit in 1:12 scale, or a diecast Harley Davidson for the motorcycle).

The retro card, Johnny Blaze conversion headscupt, and the hands are basically what sold me.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:52 PM   #5787
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
It says releasing in March 2023?
Hasbro is getting embarrassing. I don't know what's going on. And Mcfarlane Toys is beating them in a lot of aspects as a smaller independent company....

My prediction is Marvel, Star Trek, GI Joe and Power Rangers collector lines are going to suffer.
The delays make collecting Hasbro not even fun anymore. Imagine having to wait just under a year for a mass produced action figure lol.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #5788
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Surprised that the Ghost Rider sold out on Gamestop considering the lacklustre response. I needed a Ghost Rider because I missed out on the Riders wave due to not collecting at the time (and considering either a model kit in 1:12 scale, or a diecast Harley Davidson for the motorcycle).

The retro card, Johnny Blaze conversion headscupt, and the hands are basically what sold me.
You can still preorder it in-store (if you haven't already).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:57 AM   #5789
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
That's because it's more environmental friendly. I would image lighter cardboard and no plastic reduces the weight.
I personally feel like the design needs to be reworked and shouldn't be based on the old window box packaging.
Instead used this opportunity feature the artist art work more prominently in the front and center. And have the figure photo on the sides.

Or if this is a marketing thing that needs to feature the toy photo at the front. Just make the box rectangular and flip the back toy photo to the front and move the artwork to the back. It will look great!
It's probably a marketing thing, but also it feels like like that if Hasbro were truly thinking about the environment they would have strunk the packaging even smaller.

But they probably won't shrink it down cause then the perceived value of the figure will be less since it looks smaller than the old packaging and they are charging us more per figure now.

PS. If they really did care about the environment they wouldn't put a small printed warning pages inside the figure boxes, that everyone throws out. (Yes mostly due to a legal thing they have to put it in, but it just makes the new windowless package seem performative, even if it isn't)

Sorry for the random PS that probably serve no purpose just need to finally get it off my chest.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:12 AM   #5790
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Hasbro is saving money by not using plastic in the packages. Plastic prices have gone up because it's made from oil. It has nothing to do with environmentalism, and everything to do with profits. Plain and simple. Don't be fooled by their marketing BS.

This becomes obvious when looking at the retro packaging which is not going plastic-free because the packaging is the whole point. If environmentalism was their real motivation, they'd cancel the retro packages completely.

Last edited by philtastic; 08-24-2022 at 08:15 AM.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote