ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-04-2023, 06:18 PM   #6681
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
In addition to having pinless joints, the Hawkeye seems to have a new head sculpt, if that's any incentive to buy the figure? I'm glad they didn't simply re-release the retro Hawkeye with the skycycle.
I think they knew that people would really not buy the set if they tried to do that. At least a pinless Hawkeye and maybe a new head will incentivize a few die-hards, but I don't think I'll go for it. I was happy with the existing head sculpt too.

I just get tired of buying "upgrades" every few years of anything that Hasbro makes in Marvel, SW, TF or GI Joe.

I can already predict that they're going to take the Dr Doom from that Secret Wars mold and will later re-release him again with a bonus head (a healed unmasked Victor Von Doom head plus his shield from the original Kenner figure) and put him in Kenner Secret Wars retro packaging.

I'm tired of it.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:30 PM   #6682
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I think they knew that people would really not buy the set if they tried to do that. At least a pinless Hawkeye and maybe a new head will incentivize a few die-hards, but I don't think I'll go for it. I was happy with the existing head sculpt too.

I just get tired of buying "upgrades" every few years of anything that Hasbro makes in Marvel, SW, TF or GI Joe.

I can already predict that they're going to take the Dr Doom from that Secret Wars mold and will later re-release him again with a bonus head (a healed unmasked Victor Von Doom head plus his shield from the original Kenner figure) and put him in Kenner Secret Wars retro packaging.

I'm tired of it.
I hear you and I can totally relate.

It does suck when the next figure of a character seems like a complete upgrade from the previous one (which you feel you wasted money buying the first time around).

While I don't mind getting more than one "regular" version of a character, I'll usually only buy the figure if there's some significant change that differentiates it from the previous one, or preferably if it's a new sculpt/mold.

A good example would be the McFarlane Toys' DC Multiverse line, where the Superman figure that was part of the first "Page Punchers" wave was a completely new sculpt from the first Superman figure they released.

Last edited by Eko123; 03-04-2023 at 09:36 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:46 PM   #6683
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
For anyone who hasn't seen the pics yet, here are screenshots of the recent Hasbro livestream where they revealed some new Marvel Legends figures slated to come out later this year:

Spider-Man themed wave (Build-A-Figure not announced yet)
- Ben Reilly in new Spider-Man suit (with toe articulation)
- Chasm,
- Miles Morales (new costume)
- The Rose
- Modern Jessica Drew
- Elektra Daredevil
- Tarantula
Tarantula is appropriately ridiculous and I shall covet him dearly.

Regardless of how you feel about Miles? new costume, I think the hoodie will definitely hamper articulation on the figure.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:57 PM   #6684
tmnt2k3
Red Shirt

How do we get retro kraven?
tmnt2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:18 AM   #6685
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt2k3 View Post
How do we get retro kraven?
In the U.S., it will be a Walmart Con exclusive figure later this month. I remember reading somewhere that Walmart Canada may carry the figure as well?

https://marvelousnews.com/252-32543
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 07:52 AM   #6686
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
In the U.S., it will be a Walmart Con exclusive figure later this month. I remember reading somewhere that Walmart Canada may carry the figure as well?

https://marvelousnews.com/252-32543

Hopefully Walmart Canada continues to bring in the US "Con" exclusives.

The last one, last year, was the first time Walmart Canada actually seemed to follow their US compatriots and give us access to a lot of the exclusives almost at the exact same time. Before that they never took part in the "Con" and we had to hope they showed up at Walmart Canada.

So as I said, hopefully they follow suit again this year and put up the exclusives at roughly the same time.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:21 AM   #6687
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

GameStop has updated the release date for The Blob to today.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #6688
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Marvel, GI Joe, Star Wars. All coming out the same week. And Hasbro continuing to just ram it down our throats all at once. Who cares about taking customers' needs into account when you've got a sinking stock price to prop up…
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:23 PM   #6689
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Yeah man really I'm not surprised I suspected this avalanche of pre-orders were going to roll in all at once, Hasbro really needs to solve whatever issue they have in the distrubution department, all of these items coming out at once is crazy for collectors, got hit with X-Men Villians, Banshee 3 pack, Blob, G.I. Joe Covergirl, Black Series Mera Jade, all today

my Credit card company called and had to verify it was me making these purchases, because they gamestop couldn't authorize some by the end of charging me.

it all comes down to the bad distrubution right now with Hasbro, clearly Blob, the 3 packs and Villains have been out at very other online outlets some for a month, yet they all come roaring into gamestop at once.

Edit*

LoL my credit card company is freaking out all of these payments happened at once, got more unauthorization for payments, ugh had to call the company and gamestop to fix it.

Thanks Hazbrowz

Last edited by Lord Scareglow; 03-08-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:22 PM   #6690
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Fans come first!
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote