ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-14-2020, 07:31 PM   #1101
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Ontario Power Rangers Toy Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
I found a case of the latest beast morpher figures including the yellow beast-x, vargoyle, and silver ranger repack. I missed out on silver last year so I picked up the three above. This case has these as well as beast-x red and blue.

Vargoyle look pretty badass. He hasn’t had much screen time this season so unsure if he will be a thing going forward.

These were at Walmart so anyone looking they are coming out now.

Personally, I find Beast Morphers unwatchable.. like the show has gotten that bad. I'm thrilled they are rebooting the PR Universe with the Entwistle project in a few years.

That being said, Hasbro's basic line for BM is pretty good, and you get value out of the 9$ toy.

That Vargoyle wave is at most Toronto Walmarts, and the Vargolye makes a decent random Monster for Lightning Rangers to fight... scales well with them;

As far as your Beast X King question... there's nothing new coming out beyond what is already released. We're at the end of the Beast Morphers Line.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:14 AM   #1102
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Personally, I find Beast Morphers unwatchable.. like the show has gotten that bad. I'm thrilled they are rebooting the PR Universe with the Entwistle project in a few years.

That being said, Hasbro's basic line for BM is pretty good, and you get value out of the 9$ toy.

That Vargoyle wave is at most Toronto Walmarts, and the Vargolye makes a decent random Monster for Lightning Rangers to fight... scales well with them;

As far as your Beast X King question... there's nothing new coming out beyond what is already released. We're at the end of the Beast Morphers Line.
I'm not thrilled at all about the new reboot. They're just going to turn the Power Rangers Brand into another MCU clone with next to no creativity at all and just following the same tired formula over and over again. Oh well that's RIP to Power Rangers for me. Well technically it's been dead to me for quite a while now, but this is likely the nail in the coffin for me.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-15-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #1103
wesperino
Mutant

I think with beast morphers they wanted to transition the savanna style by doing go buster cuz it’s very different from most sentai...leather not spandex.

If they can’t do something a bit more original with the writing and innovate with the brand, then I’ll be very let down.

I think though with the lead guy from transformers (John Warden) moving to the PR brand we all might be surprised with they next gen toys and ultimately the show.

My kids love PR. I even had to buy the hasbro Dino megazord cuz they were all over the packages at the store. So now they are watching MMPR from the start and experiencing what I did when I was a child. That megazord is a bit cheap and they skimped on the decals but the transformation is true to the show and for what it is, is a pretty fun toys for the kids.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #1104
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Does anyone know good protective cases to use for the figure boxes?
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:01 AM   #1105
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Could be a typo on their end (or they haven't adjusted the initial release date). They also have good communication when you have questions etc.
They now removed the release date from listing. Could it be in stock then?

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:15 AM   #1106
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm not thrilled at all about the new reboot. They're just going to turn the Power Rangers Brand into another MCU clone with next to no creativity at all and just following the same tired formula over and over again. Oh well that's RIP to Power Rangers for me. Well technically it's been dead to me for quite a while now, but this is likely the nail in the coffin for me.
Ha. Power Rangers wishes it could be anywhere close to the MCU.

It won't be. I suspect the project will be quite controversial. The new showrunner (John Entwistle) tends to write teenagers in a specific edgy way:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3536642/

He's also rumored (from Illuminerdi) to have a female lead character in mind for the series/films, with multiple gay rangers as well. Some fans will love this, others will be alienated. Similar to the Star Wars sequels.

Personally, I'm all for this reboot... because at this point, the show (and the PR universe) is trash. So really.. it could only get better from here. After crap like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQE--9617L8 there's no hope for PR in it's current form.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:59 AM   #1107
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Ha. Power Rangers wishes it could be anywhere close to the MCU.

It won't be. I suspect the project will be quite controversial. The new showrunner (John Entwistle) tends to write teenagers in a specific edgy way:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3536642/

He's also rumored (from Illuminerdi) to have a female lead character in mind for the series/films, with multiple gay rangers as well. Some fans will love this, others will be alienated. Similar to the Star Wars sequels.

Personally, I'm all for this reboot... because at this point, the show (and the PR universe) is trash. So really.. it could only get better from here. After crap like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQE--9617L8 there's no hope for PR in it's current form.
Woah.. that's an all time low. I don't really have words. So many kids shows including Power Rangers are suffering from what I like to call "Writers think kids are dumb syndrome". Basically where writers write everything in a way that requires zero mental effort on the kid to understand. Everything is spelled out. Nothing is meant to challenge their cognitive. Basically you could sit there with your brain turned off and still understand what's going on.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #1108
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Some wave 5 available retail from amazon, sorry no Billy

Zeo Gold: https://amz.run/3y0K

Time Force Red: https://amz.run/3y0J
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #1109
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
They now removed the release date from listing. Could it be in stock then?

BBTS shows the new stuff in stock too, so it probably is.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #1110
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
BBTS shows the new stuff in stock too, so it probably is.
Should I maybe place an order and See? Just that I never ordered from them before.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote