ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-19-2021, 12:45 AM   #2081
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

FYI TRU has raised the price of the lightning collection figures to $36.99 from $33.99.
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:33 AM   #2082
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
FYI TRU has raised the price of the lightning collection figures to $36.99 from $33.99.
What the f........
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:16 AM   #2083
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Is this in store only? Cause online the price is still $33.99
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #2084
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Saw reports on the GI Joe thread about that as well. Hope this is just a TRU thing cause if it?s across all retail I?m done with it. $35 is officially my cut off point for Hasbro quality basic 6 inch figures.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:25 PM   #2085
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Wow, does this ever end? I can't believe how many times we've seen price increaaes within the last 2 years. Hasbro is really getting greedy as they are the only company that's doing this. Mcfarlane figures have consistently stayed the same price for the longest time. Glad I've cut Legends out. I'm becoming more selective with Lightning Collection and Transformers is the only Hasbro line that I'm fully into. Sheesh though, if these price increases keep going up, I might be finished altogether.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:10 PM   #2086
Ksteel
Mutant

That's why this line is ideal for just casually buying your favorite characters from time to time.

Team completion is where you'll find a massive hole in your wallet.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #2087
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
That's why this line is ideal for just casually buying your favorite characters from time to time.

Team completion is where you'll find a massive hole in your wallet.
Which sucks cause the nature of collecting PR figures is wanting to complete the team, but I guess we'll have to go back to being as we did when we were kids and had to settle with only our favorite rangers since very rarely could we ever complete a team due to parents not wanting to spend the money or not being able to find all the figures for a team at your local TRU or walmart and parents not willing to drive all over for it. If you only collect LC it's possible to complete teams but if you collect more than one line then that's where the issues come in.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #2088
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Wow, does this ever end? I can't believe how many times we've seen price increaaes within the last 2 years. Hasbro is really getting greedy as they are the only company that's doing this. Mcfarlane figures have consistently stayed the same price for the longest time. Glad I've cut Legends out. I'm becoming more selective with Lightning Collection and Transformers is the only Hasbro line that I'm fully into. Sheesh though, if these price increases keep going up, I might be finished altogether.
My thoughts exactly. I?m really sick of Hasbro constantly whining about their costs going up and needing to raise their prices when almost no other company has even come close to these increases. They have done far more damage to their brands with their greed than COVID or shipping or inflation has. I cut out most of Marvel Legends this year, cut back Rangers, and more or less gave up on Star Wars.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #2089
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
My thoughts exactly. I?m really sick of Hasbro constantly whining about their costs going up and needing to raise their prices when almost no other company has even come close to these increases. They have done far more damage to their brands with their greed than COVID or shipping or inflation has. I cut out most of Marvel Legends this year, cut back Rangers, and more or less gave up on Star Wars.
Star Wars is a lost cause. It's sad to see what happen to the toy line that was so prominent in our child hoods growing up. Greed killed Black series nearly, will greed kill the rest of their brands like PR? who knows, they're always die hards that don't care and will buy regardless.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #2090
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Star Wars is a lost cause. It's sad to see what happen to the toy line that was so prominent in our child hoods growing up. Greed killed Black series nearly, will greed kill the rest of their brands like PR? who knows, they're always die hards that don't care and will buy regardless.
Also to note, Power Rangers is not nearly as popular as Star Wars, so Hasbro is basically going to shoot themselves in the foot by jacking up the price of Lightning Collection.

How I look at it is that Lightning Collection was an affordable alternative to S.H.Figuarts Sentai figures. If they aren't affordable anymore, I'll just stop buying them.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote