ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #2251
Tiffster
Clonetrooper
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
My retro CG arrived this morning as well. Mine actually arrived in pretty pristine condition. It figures an opener would recieve a non-creased card.
What's the difference with the box version?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:46 PM   #2252
Zanth
Super Friend

Colours. The red is a slightly different hue for the overall uniform. The backpack of the carded is red vs. black. The mask of the carded is silver vs. black.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:49 PM   #2253
Zanth
Super Friend

Does anyone know if there have been hints at a future release of Zarana (and presumably Zandar) with colour-changing skin? I'm not a big enough fan of the twins/siblings to have two of each in the collection but I also don't want to cancel my preordered Zarana if the only other version we might see is a retro carded reissue.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:46 PM   #2254
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanth View Post
Does anyone know if there have been hints at a future release of Zarana (and presumably Zandar) with colour-changing skin? I'm not a big enough fan of the twins/siblings to have two of each in the collection but I also don't want to cancel my preordered Zarana if the only other version we might see is a retro carded reissue.
I don't remember either of them having that ability, at least not in the old Marvel comics. They were just good at disguise and didn't have Zartan's chameleon/ holographic abilities. As for the toys, no hints that I'm aware of, and retro series was only 8 figures. Hopefully they'll announce doing more, as I'm all about the retro!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #2255
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Did the retro carded Gung Ho ever come to Canada?
I saw him once, and only once in Montreal. Kicked myself a bit too because I'd already spent 65$ getting him from Pulse. Alas, that's the way the game goes sometimes!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #2256
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
I don't remember either of them having that ability, at least not in the old Marvel comics. They were just good at disguise and didn't have Zartan's chameleon/ holographic abilities. As for the toys, no hints that I'm aware of, and retro series was only 8 figures. Hopefully they'll announce doing more, as I'm all about the retro!
Maybe not in the comics, but they definitely had the same plastic as their daddy in toy form.

I am primarily an opener, so I don't care much about the retro carded figures save for repaints or variations (especially if the retro is ARAH accurate). That said, I preordered Snake Eyes and hope to get Storm Shadow carded to keep in package and up on the wall for display. A Cobra Commander, V2 Snakes and V2 Storm Shadow would round out my must haves for the retros.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:48 PM   #2257
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe not in the comics, but they definitely had the same plastic as their daddy in toy form.
If they do come out with colour-changing skin variants it likely won't be for a while and if they do it would likely be an exclusive 2-pack from Comic Con or Pulse Con. They haven't yet announced a Zandar figure for the line. Though i'm sure he's in the future plans.

And yeah, the o-ring siblings did have the colour-changing ability. I remember getting them for Christmas in '86 or '87 along with the Dreadnock Swampfire.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #2258
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
What's the difference with the box version?
Quote:
Colours. The red is a slightly different hue for the overall uniform. The backpack of the carded is red vs. black. The mask of the carded is silver vs. black.
Yeah the retro version is a "brighter" red and the mainline version is a "darker" crimson red. They both look great but if I had to pick one I'm leaning towards the retro version.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:19 AM   #2259
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Received my retro carded Crimson Guard this morning inside the hasbro shipping box (pretty happy to have that). Also after being screwed over by Outrun...I must've had that tingle in my spidey senses cause on Friday my local Gamestop called to say my preorder of Classified Crimson Guard were in as well. Whew.

Also managed to swing a chase flocked Funko Care Bears Champ Bear from someone who never came for their preorder...ya I collect Funko Care Bears lol...reminds me of as a young kid going up to my grandparents cottage...my grandma always had Care Bears sticker packs for me when I got there. It was always our thing.

Woot woot.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:53 PM   #2260
seancuthbertca
Super Friend

Quote:
Does anyone know where the carded Guards were being sold? I hadn't seen them anywhere and suddenly they're all over Facebook Marketplace and Kijiji at inflated prices.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote