ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-03-2022, 11:26 PM   #6311
Vchipp
Super Friend
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
The lack of "Pre-order Price Guarantee" is an exclusive Amazon Canadian feature.
I figured. I ordered the Silk and Doc Ock 2 pack on like October 12 and it went on sale on like 2 days later and was googling if they can do price match guarantee with themselves and they claim they did. I just cancelled my order and reordered the pack at the newer lower price.

I've did a preordered on Amazon.com a Storm Collectibles in like June or something and they are still giving me a price adjustments like up to this Tuesday. But I've never had that with Amazon.ca which was why I didn't trust them doing a price adjustment.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #6312
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cujo View Post
Lessons learned, if you see a price drop, just order it again. If you end up with 2 return the expensive one at Amazon's expense. And always ask for transcripts of your chats. They'll email it to you.
I did this and the expensive one shipped first. Also it says out of stock and is a high ticket item so if I order it now, chances are I won't get it, or it will be delivered after my return window has passed for the first one.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #6313
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I have gotten price adjustments on pre-orders at Amazon before. They say that I have to return it and order the item at the lower price.

I asked the rep though, why can't you just refund me the difference instead of going through all that and the rep actually decided it was better and gave me the refund on the difference.

I think it totally depends on who you talk to.

For those that have done it before, do you have to pay shipping to refund something that you just changed your mind on or found cheaper elsewhere? The policies don't seem to make it very clear.

I actually didn't order the Doc Ock/Silk set originally cause of the price. I ordered it yesterday though when I saw the price drop to $63.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #6314
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
For those that have done it before, do you have to pay shipping to refund something that you just changed your mind on or found cheaper elsewhere? The policies don't seem to make it very clear.
Some reasons charge return shipping fees, like "changed my mind," while others, like "performance/quality inadequate" or "not useful/compatible" don't charge return shipping fees. Choose whichever applies, but it really doesn't matter. If you see a return shipping fee, just go back and change to one of the options that has free shipping, then confirm the return.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:23 PM   #6315
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Cool. That's good to know. Thanks!
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #6316
philtastic
Master of the Universe

One thing that might make a difference is if you are a Prime member, or not. I have Prime, so maybe that changes things.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 02:04 PM   #6317
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I did this and the expensive one shipped first. Also it says out of stock and is a high ticket item so if I order it now, chances are I won't get it, or it will be delivered after my return window has passed for the first one.
This is a good point. If the cheaper one ships way later you could be stuck past the return window. For me, I would just return the item before the window closed even if my cheaper one didn't show up. Unless it was something I desperately wanted or I knew was basically out of production and was already fetching ridiculous $ on the secondary market.

It's pretty ridiculous as we see we all have different experiences and different ways of dealing with it. It would all be much simpler if amazon actually honored their own policy without hasseling the customer.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:36 PM   #6318
Robimus
Super Moderator

This guy new to retail?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6940.jpg (14.9 KB, 19 views)

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:29 PM   #6319
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

yup!!
Old 11-04-2022, 10:47 PM   #6320
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I think it totally depends on who you talk to.
I got Silk/Ock in today and I chatted with a customer service representative to ask to get the price adjusted to the 20% off price, which they did without any hesitation.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote