ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-11-2023, 02:28 PM   #5551
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
The link is broken. I think it truncated when you copied and pasted.

Is this what you wanted to link to? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BRQQMLKN

I actually like it and if it goes back available, I might be tempted. He looks normal enough to fit in as well. Just need to pose him in a way that covers the frot a little.
Yesterday it was listed at Holiday 5. But I was saying unfair because earlier it said it was over $90 to preorder.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:13 PM   #5552
heavyt93
Red Shirt

US Walmart holiday figure available on Friday for preorder. Will Walmart Canada do a Collector Con event too?
heavyt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:06 PM   #5553
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

New Station Square TRU got in a Star Wars Shipper that had the Ashoka wave of BS figures and the Cad Bane wave of VC figures. I had them all pre-ordered or already purchased from Gamestop. Didn't check the price. They also got that new Holiday Edition Snowtrooper.

Also, cause they have the holiday promo of being able to refund anything purchased since beginning of September, I was able to buy the Cad Bane/Cobb Vanth set again for $64.99 (with my $15 off $75 purchase coupon) and refund using my regular $79.99 receipt. The lady even rang it up for me first to make sure the coupon worked before helping me process it.

Did it for the 2 Appos I got too so they ended up being $35.49 each instead of $42.99.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:09 PM   #5554
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
New Station Square TRU got in a Star Wars Shipper that had the Ashoka wave of BS figures and the Cad Bane wave of VC figures. I had them all pre-ordered or already purchased from Gamestop. Didn't check the price. They also got that new Holiday Edition Snowtrooper.

Also, cause they have the holiday promo of being able to refund anything purchased since beginning of September, I was able to buy the Cad Bane/Cobb Vanth set again for $64.99 (with my $15 off $75 purchase coupon) and refund using my regular $79.99 receipt. The lady even rang it up for me first to make sure the coupon worked before helping me process it.

Did it for the 2 Appos I got too so they ended up being $35.49 each instead of $42.99.
What coupon is this? Where can we find it?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:39 PM   #5555
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

i second this about the coupon
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:10 PM   #5556
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

It was given out the last 2 weeks if you bought at TRU. I don't think they give it out anymore. They do this once in a while.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:23 PM   #5557
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

However, the other key thing I pointed out is that you can refund things bought since Sept 1st if you have receipt. So, if something goes on sale and you can buy it at the sale price, you'll be able to refund it with your original receipt still if it was after September.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:46 PM   #5558
Napseeker
Dark Knight

So wait, TRU is suspending its "collector toys are final sale and not returnable" policy for the holiday season?

I ask because I was just at my TRU this morning and bought a GI Joe Shipwreck and the cashier literally stamped "FINAL SALE" onto my receipt and told me I can't return it.
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:58 PM   #5559
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:

I called Station Square. They claimed they have no Holiday Snowtroopers. Also they had Hera, Huyoung, R2S2, HK Droid and Ezra. But they said they were sold out of Pre Vizsla and Merrik. Those 2 were my most want, DAMN!

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:59 PM   #5560
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
So wait, TRU is suspending its "collector toys are final sale and not returnable" policy for the holiday season?

I ask because I was just at my TRU this morning and bought a GI Joe Shipwreck and the cashier literally stamped "FINAL SALE" onto my receipt and told me I can't return it.
I think it's on a store by store basis. I have only ever had "final sale" appear once on my receipt (for Marvel Legends Spider-Man Noir TRU Exclusive), and never after that. It was also written directly next to the figure, ad printed out from the machine. That was right around when they changed the policy in regards to "collector figures." I've also seen some chatter on FB recently about stores declining returns. But, personally, I haven't had any issues returning figures to TRU that were not marked as final sale on the receipt.

However, if it doesn't say final sale on the receipt, you are within your rights to contest it if the store declines the return. Of course, that doesn't mean they will acquiesce. They can still be assholes, despite what the law says. That's what courts are for? So you're probably better off going to another store, if there is one near you.

Also, they need to inform you beforehand that an item is final sale. They can't just stamp it on the receipt after you pay. In that case, I would immediately cancel the transaction, before they can give you any grief about swapping the figure, or whatever. That being said, if they have posted signs in the correct aisles saying final sale (like many stores have for Funko Pops and trading cards), then you are probably out of luck.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote