ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #151
JTCh
Toku
Re: Iron Man movie figures

I've been hunting for these for the past few weeks, haven't seen any after seeing them once and passing on them.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #152
Supertofu
Deep Fried

Just came back from a Wal-Mart in Scarborough and they have a self full of 6 inch Mark 5.

Last edited by Supertofu; 05-12-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Supertofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #153
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Ok... I needs me some HAMMER DRONES NOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Wonder if there are plans to release the Hammer Drones in 6" scale?
Yaaaa!! im ready for some Hammer Dronies right now!!!! As much as i love Iron Monger im tired of using him and Titanium man as the only movie villains to pose with my IM2 figs lolzzz!!!
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #154
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
^^ LOL, and Hasbro would once again experience something they're all too used to...being showed up by Takara.
Pfft, please.

Takara's not God, and they certainly haven't been living up to that supposed "trend" lately with half-assed redecos and straight re-releases of Hasbro transformers product.

Plus, you're so totally oblivious to the fact that Hasbro/Takara jointly designs all product shared between them. In fact, that doesn't make sense, since Takara, AFAIK, doesn't have an IM2 toyline like Transformers. In fact, that entire meaningless comparrison you guys made makes zero, absolutely no sense at all.

Good job, you reminded me of one of the many things I dislike about the fandom.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 05-11-2010 at 07:33 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #155
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Pfft, please.

Takara's not God, and they certainly haven't been living up to that supposed "trend" lately with half-assed redecos and straight re-releases of Hasbro transformers product.

Plus, you're so totally oblivious to the fact that Hasbro/Takara jointly designs all product shared between them. In fact, that doesn't make sense, since Takara, AFAIK, doesn't have an IM2 toyline like Transformers. In fact, that entire meaningless comparrison you guys made makes zero, absolutely no sense at all.

Good job, you reminded me of one of the many things I dislike about the fandom.
If your referring to the comparison UltraPrimal and Prowl_2009 made in the recent threads? then in their defence, if they don't mind, i think they are aware of the fact that Hasbro/Takara share the designs. UltraPrimal did mentioned "if Takara were doing the IM2 figs". And i think Prowl was just going along simply stating that again "if" Takara were doing the IM2 line that they would as usual out stage Hasbro. Whether it's through better paint apps, better gimmicks...etc.

It's too bad that you don't like many things about the fandom.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #156
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

On a happier note, i stumbled upon this dudes 6inch IM2 Mark V ebay auction. Im probably not going to bid but i thought the photoshopped pics he has make this figure look totally awesome!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/IRON-MAN-2-MOVIE-...item335d06bc4d
Old 05-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #157
Electro16
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertofu View Post
Just came back from a Wal-Mart is Scarborough and they have a self full of 6 inch Mark 5.
Hey guys, first post, I've been checking this board for a while and finally decided to join. It's cool having our own board in Canada. I'm in Montreal and i collect marvel 6" and above, no 3 3/4 and a bit of spawn .

Supertofu or anyone else could you share the upc code for the mark v with us? Thanks alot.
Electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #158
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Plus, you're so totally oblivious to the fact that Hasbro/Takara jointly designs all product shared between them.
As Prime mentioned, I know Hasbro and Takara jointly design the products shared between them, but all I meant from my above statement is that Takara makes the superior product when it comes to overall apperance. Where Hasbro's versions of certain TF's will feature plastic weapons and slightly off-coloured paint (in most cases), Takara classes up their figures with more accurate paint, clear, over opaque windows, and chrome weapons and parts for both robot and alt mode. So whether or not Hasbro and Takara design and share products between them, the fact remains that Takara outshines Hasbro most of the time.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #159
klown23
Cobra Trooper

UPC for mark V is 065356950746

they should hit quebec today...

PS- Dont take a drive to ontario this time
klown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #160
Electro16
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown23 View Post
UPC for mark V is 065356950746

they should hit quebec today...

PS- Dont take a drive to ontario this time
Lol, it isn't that bad , its about a hour each way. I went that time because Wal mart Canada told me that they would not be available in Quebec. I just phoned one store in Montreal and there are none in Quebec yet and I also called Cornwall in Ontario and nothing either as of yet. Probably sometime next week.
Electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote