ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
MeisterJ4zz
Red Shirt
Enterbay figures in Canada?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Enterbay figures that can be found in Toronto/GTA specialty stores or Canadian online shops?

I really don't want to resort to buying them from the US to avoid hefty custom charges considering how pricey they can be.

I bought a Bruce Lee figure at Toysquare online (www.toys2.net) but they are priced in US$ and it's ridiculous because they are from Markham, Ontario. The credit card's exchange rate was applied to the total (US-priced item x GST/PST + shipping) which brought the cost a bit more than it should for me. I don't think I'll ever buy from them online ever again, maybe unless the currency goes up or when they actually price their items in Canadian dollars.

So yep, I'm usually looking to buy Enterbay's Real Masterpiece Collectible Figures (most especially Bruce Lee and Jet Li) in the GTA or in Canadian online shops. Thanks in advance, if anyone can give me a heads up.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Ademon
Red Shirt
Re: Enterbay figures in Canada?

If you are able to pick it up from Toy2's store (in First Markham place) Eric (the owner) should be able to refund you the shipping. With the high Canadian dollar it may be worth buying in US currency right now. Can't do anything about the GST and PST but custom duties if ordering from the States is $8 and Taxes. If they are busy at customs, they sometimes let it slip through without any extra charges. Its happened to me about 50% of the time when ordering from the US.
Ademon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
MeisterJ4zz
Red Shirt

I emailed Toysquare if the item was available at his store for pick-up and if he could give me the Canadian price for it and he never replied back. So I was thinking okay, I'll just order it and see what happens if he would just re-adjust the price to Canadian currency automatically for a Canadian customer, but nope. Knowing off hand about their online store, I know what to expect next time... if there will be a next time from me. Instead, I'll have to visit the store when I'm in the neighbourhood.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Ademon
Red Shirt

The Canadian prices in the Toy2 store don't reflect the exchange rate. It is more expensive to buy there using their Canadain price scheme (roughly $5-10 added to the current exchange rate).

This is what Eric told me to do if I wanted to pay US prices for the items:

Order online as usual and pay with your credit card. That way the exchange rate will be whatever the creditcard company decides it is for that day.
In the "comment section" of the order tell him you want to pick it up.
He will still charge for shipping but when you go pick it up he will refund you the shipping in cash.

I haven't done it myself yet but you can save yourself a lot with the exchange rate being what it is. It is forcast that the Canadian dollar might even go to par with the US dollar.
Ademon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
cloud
Master of the Universe

Have you tried getting the figures from the Enterbay store?
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
MeisterJ4zz
Red Shirt

I wouldn't want to try the Enterbay store since it's from Hong Kong. I'll get slapped with customs whenever a big heavy package is shipped from overseas. =/
Old 05-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #7
cloud
Master of the Universe

I see. The only logical way I can think of is to ask a friend that does travel to Hong Kong and help you buy them. With 12" figures it's always a good idea to inspect the figure first. Different people just have different standards be it the clothing on the figure or the paint job on the head.
You might also try to ask them to mark it as a gift? Not sure if that helps. I actually have a friend that heads back to HK in summer time and spends tons of money buying Japanese toys and ship them all back home in a can hide a healthy adult huge, box. I don't think he got charged for tax or customs.

Btw, as far as I know, EB haven' started on the 70th Ann Bruce Lee figure yet. They are currently busy with finishing the long overdue Storm Warriors series and preparing for the Ip Man 2 figure based on the likeliness of Donnie Yen.

In an totally unrelated news, I'm so happy that my friend got back from HK last Sunday and brought back my EB Cloud figure. It made me realize the figure will be heavier than usual 12" figures because of the metal stand EB uses. It does weight a few pounds, no joke.

Last edited by cloud; 05-04-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
MeisterJ4zz
Red Shirt

I've seen the progress with Ip Man 2 figure and it looks promising as usual. Most likely I'll be getting him. I really could use a Donnie Yen figure in my collection.

Hey nice Aaron Kwok figure. It must be nice to have a friend who goes to Hong Kong and get you such favors for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
cloud
Master of the Universe

It was luck. The Aaron figure released 2 weeks ago and my friend went back for 2 weeks so I was able to receive the figure in a short period.

I do have a friend that goes back to Hong Kong once in a while. He's from Toronto and as mentioned he just buys a lot of toys for himself and his friends and just ship them back in a huge box. I've asked him and he does need to declare customs but he does tend to ah....... forget the actual price for the toys and roughly estimate how much he spent so the custom fee often is cheaper than what it should be.
He might be able to get you 12" figures. I'll ask him when he visits HK next time.