ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #211
-KG-
Gotham Knight
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Check out this awesome article posted by TheFwoosh as they plead to keep DC Universe Classics alive and well...

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/we-have...ive#more-17949

The link doesn't work. I wonder if they were forced to take it down?

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #212
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
The link doesn't work. I wonder if they were forced to take it down?
Try this one...

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/we-have...ive#more-17949

Update: This link works.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #213
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out the article Your Hub posted regarding how toy fan's are ralleying to save the DC Universe Classics line from cancellation...

http://yourhub.denverpost.com/def-se...SVLMCSM4sM-ugc

Facebook
Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #214
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

anybody here order a subscription? I'm still on the fence about it.

They are planning to release classic characters in the new revamp DCnU line; so hopefully if this sub does not go through, we will see the likes of Jay Garrick, Starman, Poison Ivy there.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #215
pud333
Master of the Universe

Not me. Honestly, if the prices keep creeping up on these figures, I may have to drop the DCUC line altogether. I'm already being very careful and picky about what I buy these days.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #216
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
anybody here order a subscription? I'm still on the fence about it.

They are planning to release classic characters in the new revamp DCnU line; so hopefully if this sub does not go through, we will see the likes of Jay Garrick, Starman, Poison Ivy there.
I signed up this afternoon. I don't want this line to end, so I'll do anything I can to make sure it keeps going strong!

Facebook
Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #217
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey, DC Fans! Thanks to our faithful friends over at The Fwoosh, we have a nice, in-depth look at the first 3 figures in DC Universe Classics Wave 19 (The second last retail wave).

The 3 figures we'll be looking at include:

The Atom (Al Pratt)
Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

For starters, we have JSA member Al Pratt, AKA The Atom. Rendered faithfully to his comic counterpart, this figure features lots of nice, bright colors. He is made up of some existing DCUC parts, but sports new shins due to his short stature. The Atom is smaller than the standard DCUC figure, which works though, since, in the comics, he's only about 5-feet high. He features standard DCUC articulation and comes with no accessories, other than the head and lower torso of S.T.R.I.P.E.

Next on the list is Sandman (Wesley Dodds). He is the one figure I was most excited to be getting in this wave once it was unvailed thanks to MTV Geek (Lord Naga and Stargirl round out my top 3 of the line). I've wanted a figure of Dodds forever and now the wait is finally over! He's made up of parts from DCUC Wave 11 The Question, but sports a new jacket and tie and also comes with his gas mask and gas gun. The paint is great and he has a nice Golden Age look to him. The Four Horsemen even gave him a hook on his jacket so he can hang his gun. Got to love details like that!

Finally today, we round out our in-depth look with Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore). I have to agree with The Fwoosh when I say Stargirl is my favorite female character to come along in a while, at least since Wave 9 Black Canary. She sports a metallic paint job on her cosutme and you've got to just love the look on her face! She has her requisite Star Rod that she borrows from the Jack Knight figure, but this time it is cast in a translucent plastic, almost like it is charged-up. She also comes with S.T.R.I.P.E.'s left arm.

Well there you have it, our first in-depth look at DC Universe Classics Wave 19. Hopefully we'll be getting shots of Lord Naga, Hawkman and Magog soon.

Stay tuned and if you haven't already, subscribe to Mattel's DCUC Club Infinate Earth's today!

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...ctID=233873400
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (71.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (40.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (35.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (70.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (88.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (52.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (95.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (35.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (68.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (92.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (42.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (46.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (54.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 08-18-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #218
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

. Check out this great Q&A with the Four Horsemen:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...c-subscription

. As of now, the sub page for Club Infinite Earth's remains open, as does the poll page for the club's oversized figure...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...HomeOffersPage

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...bPage.DCU_Poll

. According to Matty Collector's Facebook page, there will be an announcement regarding Club Infinite Earth's later in the week.

. Entertainment Earth posted a new shot of the Arkham City Robin vs. Joker 2-pack, set to be released in the fall along with the Arkham City video game. Enjoy the attached shot below, and thanks to EE for passing it on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (35.7 KB, 0 views)

Facebook
Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #219
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Thanks to our friends over at TheFwoosh, we have a really nice, in-depth look at the up-coming Matty Collector exclusive Legion of Superheroes 12 pack. Slated for release this October, it is the largest DCUC set we've gotten to date and features 12 of the Legions most memorable members.

Included in this beautifully boxed set are:

Superboy: This is the first time we've gotten a younger version of Kal-El and Mattel's version looks really good. He sports the lighter blue, shorter capped costume seen in the comics and his sculpt captures his persona well. Love the grin and sculpted ring as well!

Cosmic Boy: There was no doubt Cosmic Boy was going to be in this set, everyone knew he would be. From Mattel to the fan's, we all expected it. He sports his iconic pink and black costume and a cosmic ring sculpted onto his hand.

Saturn Girl: Another member we knew would be in the set, she is the packs sole female member and uses parts borrowed from the standard DCUC female body and sports a flexable short skirt.

Lightening Lad: Again, we knew he was going to be included. He features great, yet slightly subdued colors on his costume and the lightening bolts are nice and crisp. Also, who doesn't love that '77 haircut? Guess it came back into style at some point between than and the 31st century.

Brainiac-5: This has to be one of my most favorite pieces in the set. His green skin, purple jump suit and blonde hair all look great together and I love the addition of folds and creases in his costume and that kindly facial expression.

Chameleon Boy: This has to be the oddest looking member in the set. Love the 50's B-movie look to him though, and the yellow and lavender colored costume is so off the wall, it can't not be cool.

Karate Kid: His gigantic popped collar attached to his gi, which is made of nice, soft plastic and he sports double-jointed elbows, something that is unique to this figure in the set.

Ultra Boy: Another favorite in the set, I love the red and green color scheme on the costume. Also sports a sculpted ring and boot fringes as well as some awesome sideburns.

Timber Wolf: This guy is all kinds of cool. Love the whited out eyes and the orange and black costume with the silver wolf logo in the centre of his chest. This is the Timber Wolf version they should've gone with, as he's had a few, sometimes slightly odd, incarnations over the years, but this is best, in my opinion.

Wildfire: How cool is Wildfire? Orange and Red make for an awesome color scheme on his costume and I just love that visage-hiding mask.

Invisible Kid: Basically included in the set to balance the packages symmetry I figure.

Matter Eater Lad: Not only does he have a really cool name for a superhero, but he also sports a mouth full of matter and fingerless gloves, so on those two marits alone, this piece is an awesome inclusion in the set.

Colossal Boy: Made up from parts used on C&C Wave 7 Atom Smasher, Colossal Boy is all kinds of awesome! Love the red and blue costume color scheme. It has a metallic sheen to it and is both simple and very eye-catching. A great oversized figure and addition to the overall set.

So, to sum things up, this set is all kinds of awesome! The 12 LOSH members included, as well as the extras thrown in (A 24-karat gold plated LOSH flight ring and an interesting Proty figure) make this a must own set for DCUC and LOSH fans alike! It's the biggest set we've gotten thus far and really delivers on all fronts! Don't pass this one up!

Thanks to TheFwoosh for all the awesome attached shots!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (88.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (39.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (78.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (82.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.JPG (22.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 6.JPG (39.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.JPG (72.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 8.JPG (28.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9.JPG (54.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 10.JPG (24.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 11.JPG (36.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12.JPG (28.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 13.JPG (30.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14.JPG (45.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15.JPG (31.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 16.JPG (34.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 17.JPG (22.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 18.JPG (34.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 19.JPG (36.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20.JPG (41.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 21.JPG (38.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 22.JPG (32.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 23.JPG (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 24.JPG (37.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 25.JPG (33.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 26.JPG (37.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 27.JPG (33.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 28.JPG (45.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 29.JPG (26.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 30.JPG (36.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 31.JPG (32.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 32.JPG (54.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 33.JPG (41.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 34.JPG (33.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 35.JPG (35.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 36.JPG (50.5 KB, 1 views)

Facebook
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #220
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

That's huge! How much do you think this sets gonna be?

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote